KidsPeace

Updated Mar 25, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

William R. Isemann

Good experience, loved what I did, horrible administration and communication within the company

Child Care Counselor II (Former Employee)
Orefield, PA (US)

I worked at KidsPeace part-time for more than a year

ProsGive you purpose, great for psych/social work majors, good experience, exposes you to many things, interact with a wide variety of people, hands-on experience, receive a lot of training

ConsDifficult situations, requires much patience, can be a very intense workplace, high turnover rate, administration is very flawed, horrible communication within the company, staff are not treated well by some higher-ups.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind a way to be more organized and communicate more, treat staff more objectively, treat staff with more respect.

very ok

I have been working at KidsPeace

Prosmulti-tasked job-never bored.Always on the go.Between all of our campus sites.There is always a problem that needs to be solved.

Conssalary is not up to local standards. All the work that is required of me constantly on a daily. i a under payed . In the last four years the only thing I have received is a 2% paycut.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommuniction,lack of support.Need the cell phone back.The old radio never work when there is a emergency.E.P.P. / On call pay. EPP is always overtime pay the on call pay is not.Holiday no overtime until after working a full 40 hour week.Epp is overtime no matter what.The on call is for emergencys also?

The place is run by money grubbing incompetent power hungry executives.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at KidsPeace

ProsWorking with the kids is great and rewarding. Support staff, clinicians, etc. were fantastic. Wonderful place to work if it weren't for the attitude and actions of upper management.

ConsUpper management does not have any concern for their workers. Do the job and shut up...you will be okay. And no matter who screws up...it's always he little guys fault. Upper management gives you none of the credit and all of the blame.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet people working their who actually care about their employees instead of greedy arrogant leaders who think they know the answers, but truly couldn't punch their way out of a paper bag....in the minds of these folks....ready, shoot, aim.......knee jerk reactions and unfounded bs they blame on us.....oh and they just fired a ton of people because of hearsay and caused more harm than what they blamed the employees for.

Manage troubled youth.

Youth Care Worker (Current Employee)
Buhl, MN (US)

I have been working at KidsPeace

ProsMedsabi Academy is a treatment center for troubled youth. The turnover is very high for both staff and clients. you will have two weeks of training and half of that is dealing with crisis management. This includes deescalation and restraining type holds for when the clients start fighting each other or fighting staff. The ages range from roughly 13 to 21. They all have their programs and most take medication that you would have to distribute if you make it 6 months. There is a lot of room to move up within Mesabi Academy and since it is corporate and ran by Kidspeace you can have a career through them. Most dont though. If you can handle the overnights thats the way to go. You get paid the same as day staff and will allow unlimited overtime.

ConsMay get beat up by clients. Some have been sent to the hospital. Will call you asking you to pick up shifts pretty much once you walk out the door and wont remember the sacrifices you make for the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementShow more recognition. Be more open to advice.

Disheartening, no matter how much or how hard you worked you only heard from management when you made a mistake

Registered Nurse (Former Employee)

I worked at KidsPeace

ProsExcellent co workers many extremely dedicated to the kids
Helping kids

ConsNo raises for multiple years
No feeling that staff are appreciated
Will ask you to work more OT than humanly possible and if your performance suffers you will hear about it.
Reactionary policy
you risk assault on the job

Advice to Senior ManagementStop writing people up for calling out sick when its because you are burning them out and start praising your MVPs The same as you want them to do for the kids reward the good. Pay your managers enough to keep one for more than a year.

A good place to work in the child welfare arena

I have been working at KidsPeace

ProsThis company has been around for over 130 years and has a solid reputation for being one of the best in helping kids in crisis. It's gratifying to know that you're making a difference in the lives of children and families.

ConsChild Welfare is a tough business to be in these days, with many changes and challenges happening on the Federal, State,and Local levels. KidsPeace hasn't escaped the impacts

Like a bad roller coaster ride. Almost everyone is unhappy working here and are seeking a different job.

Buhl, MN (US)

I have been working at KidsPeace

ProsWorking with the kids and free meals for staff are really the only good things about the job.

ConsKidsPeace does not care about employees. That is why the turn over is so high. They micro manage and do not empower the staff. KidsPeace management does not listen.

Advice to Senior ManagementKidsPeace should treat the employees how they would want to be treated. They have not given raises for years and rolled back wages, cut benifits, and the pension is gone! Not many reasons to work here anymore.

it is a very stressful job, however the staff is very supportive

T/A (Current Employee)

I have been working at KidsPeace

Prosyou are giving children a second chance on life

Consthe stress and hours are very long

Advice to Senior Managementraises would be helpful

The company only cares about the money they make not how they are screwing the employees.

I have been working at KidsPeace

ProsYou get to feel like you are making a difference in the kids life

ConsHorrible pay for the people who work with the kids while the higher ups get the money and bonuses. Five times the work that can't even be done in 8 hrs.

Advice to Senior ManagementInstead of making sure you and your families can continue on living the grand lifestyle pay attention to the lower workers .Some lost alot of pay just to help you change over to a Clinical system that isn't working.

Do yourself a favor, don't work here!

Family Consultant (Former Employee)
Washington, DC (US)

I worked at KidsPeace

ProsThe salary and benefits are good. Somewhat flexible schedule. Meet some great people (clients and co-workers).

ConsBasically they management act like they own the staff. They expect that you are available 24/7, including being on-call. Staff burn out very quickly, most people last approximately 6 months, and 2 months of that is spent in training. There is no respect from management, the morale is low, and they work staff into the ground until they quit. Staff are very unhappy here and everyone is trying to get out.

Advice to Senior ManagementHonestly, I don't know what to say, although management does not respect the work the staff does, it is not completely their fault that this jobs sucks as much as it does. The DC foster care system is very complex, and this is an extremely tough field. Lower the requirements of the job, get company vehicles, don't duplicate work, really EXPLAIN the job during the interview, train staff more at kidspeace instead of relying on the useless CFSA training.

Worked for KidsPeace? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at KidsPeace reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for KidsPeace CEO William R. Isemann . All 22 reviews are posted anonymously by KidsPeace employees.