Kimberly-Clark

Kimberly-Clark Reviews

Updated Apr 12, 2014

Kimberly-Clark Chairman, President, and CEO Tom Falk

Tom Falk

Pros:
  • "A great company from a work-life balance"
    in 35 reviews
  • "Excellent training for sales associates, great people oriented organization"
    in 19 reviews
Cons:
  • "Strict Performance Management system creates esteem issues in many employees"
    in 13 reviews
  • "Work-Life Balance difficult to maintain"
    in 8 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

ok

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Kimberly-Clark as a contractor for more than a year

Prosgood place to work i enjoyed it

Consnone i can remember at all

A global company with Victorian Values

Manufacturing Team Member (Current Employee)
Barrow in Furness, England

I have been working at Kimberly-Clark full-time for more than 10 years

ProsShift system allows adequate leisure time, reasonable pay but on the slide compared to other local employers.

ConsAs an employee of over ten years the management in this mill can be summed up in three words, unethical, hypocritical and vindictive. Nepotism and crony-ism rule, health and safety is preached but not practised. Used to be a fine place to work but now people are leaving in droves. Accident victims are coerced into work so that they do not have to be reported to the US. It's a real shame because the parent company was ethical employer of the year last year.

Advice to Senior ManagementResign!

Ok company to work for

Engineer (Current Employee)
London, England

I have been working at Kimberly-Clark full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGood benefits and pay, career progression good if your face fits

ConsToo slow, awful performance management system, far too much bureaucracy

Advice to Senior ManagementMake faster decisions and empower your staff

Too Much Nepotism, Using current economic climate to unjustly screw employees benefits / pay

Manufacturing Team Member (Current Employee)
Barrow in Furness, England

I have been working at Kimberly-Clark full-time for more than 10 years

ProsDecent salary for locality compared to other major employers.
Production Shift pattern gives plenty of time off. (144 shifts vs. 221 days off per annum)
Private Health care scheme.
Share purchase scheme with buy 2 get 1 free deal.
Company Shop to purchase products cheaply.

ConsFar too much nepotism going on. New workers employed not for their skills and competancy, but because of who they are related to, or are best friends with!
HR awkward with no heart. Company sticks rigidly to rules but employees expected to be ultra flexible.
Company using current economic climate as excuse to trim costs, have ruined the future defined benefit pension of many long term employees by capping annual rises, also coupled with below inflation pay rises for the past 3 years, and pay band freezes/downgrading.

Advice to Senior ManagementUse external assessors for recruitment selection to halt the nepostism / cronyism.
Capping wage rises, Pay bands, and pension benefits, will only serve to cap the enthusiasm of the current employees.

Good company that could use more proactive management

Brighton, England

I have been working at Kimberly-Clark full-time for more than 3 years

ProsKC has a nice work environment and there are plenty of career opportunities if you are willing to go the extra mile and work hard. Very good training system and my experience has been that as ling as you are exceeding expectations with performance then the company is willing to invest in further developing people - for ex support with further education or flexible working.

ConsEspecially for the top performers pay doesn't reflect this therefore people don't feel rewarded enough which can be demotivatibg and sometimes KC is missing out on people that would otherwise be very passionate about their work and could be of great benefit to the company in the future. Management talks a lot about quick decisions and taking risk however they are slow in reacting to their team's concerns or doing something about it.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromise less and action more, also ensure the pay reflects one's performance as the MBC doesn't reflect this at the moment and plans to put things right are not visible if they exist.

Company is on the rise, but may not be for everyone.

Senior Research Scientist (Current Employee)

I have been working at Kimberly-Clark full-time for more than 10 years

ProsStable company, management is making changes with more focus on winning in the marketplace, business and individual performance/compensation versus just trying to cost-save its way to the next earnings report. Company is making good effort to improve diversity of leadership ranks. Despite the "con" listed below, company is still a good place to work and if you are a top performer you can write your own ticket regardless.

ConsCompany will bend over backwards to retain women, but doesn't care much about men. Men are tracked into "grunt work" assignments with high travel at staff or end up working in a plant in the middle of nowhere, or their careers don't advance or go backwards. Women have a lot more opportunity to be "picky" on their work assignments with a lot less penalty for wanting to manage work-life balance, location, travel requirements, etc.

Great Co-Op Experience

I have been working at Kimberly-Clark

ProsGiven full ownership of desk and roles

ConsTraining wasn't as extensive as it should be given the nature of the job

Advice to Senior ManagementLoved my management and my team,

Great products, great people!

I have been working at Kimberly-Clark full-time for more than 10 years

ProsPeople are fantastic. Values of the company align with my personal values. Excited to come to work everyday. Personal and professional development.

ConsChallenging business environment. Slow pace of product innovation. Decision making slowed by unclear decision rights.

A company on the rise again

Associate Director (Current Employee)
Neenah, WI (US)

I have been working at Kimberly-Clark full-time for more than 5 years

ProsTransforming the organization to better compete and serve consumers. A great company from a work-life balance. Informal culture with dress code and open door policy with sr. executives.

ConsStill slow to decision making

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the troops

A fun place with great people but big slow and bureaucratic

Lean Consultant (Current Employee)
Roswell, GA (US)

I have been working at Kimberly-Clark full-time for more than 10 years

ProsEveryone makes a lot of great friends here and salaries are competitive in atl we just redid all our buildings with a cool modern look including an outdoor theme with an airstream trailer and deer on the conference room roof 2 buildings have freestyle coke machines and fancy latte cappuccino coffee machines. Benefits are decent icluding a 3% 401k match at 100% and then 2% at 50%. big company with many different sub businesses to explore and lots of free training you can do can wear jeans all the time but most don't lots of fun team building and chances for bonus at more senior individual contributor positions

ConsSlow bureaucratic company and largest amount of jobs are in Wisconsin or mills in the middle of nowhere although there are a few exceptions like atl most people think the grass is greener on the other side at kc only started bringing in outside people in the last 10 years in more significant numbers so not very good at onboarding we are a matrix organization with a lot of unwritten rules it can take a lot of time to acclimate also tend to be risk adverse and unlikely to be promoted in place need to change roles or departments

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees and take actions that show your listening

Worked for Kimberly-Clark? Contribute to the Community!

Kimberly-Clark Videos

Kimberly-Clark – Why Work for Us?

Our brands are household names all over the world: Kleenex, Kotex, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Cottonelle, Scott, Depend, Viva, Poise and others - not to mention our many health care and professional products. But look behind… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kimberly-Clark reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Kimberly-Clark CEO Tom Falk. All 361 reviews are posted anonymously by Kimberly-Clark employees.