Kimberly-Clark

Updated 15 August 2014

3.8

Kimberly-Clark Chairman, President, and CEO Tom Falk
Tom Falk

Pros
  • KC allows for ample growth opportunities and encourages a healthy work-life balance (in 52 reviews)

• There is a lot of great people to learn from (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • Too slow, awful performance management system, far too much bureaucracy (in 14 reviews)

• The Field Sales offices do not have as much work-life balance flexibility (in 12 reviews)

More Highlights

Better off working for P&G

Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst  in  Reigate, England
    Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Reigate, England

Pros

Pay, final salary pension scheme, company has a good reputation.

Cons

Poor bonus structure. Reigate not a great location, difficult to commute to, to expensive to live locally.Overly competitive employee environment, filled with clock watchers and point scorers. Most would rather work for P&G and the majority have tried and failed to gain a role with them. the employee contract comes with a 3 month notice period - which they made me work! Work / life balance is poor and not helped by the location, competitive environment.

Be more open, develop more of a meritocracy - improve the bonus scheme.
    Go open plan - when i left there were more offices for managers than workspace for individual contributors!!

could be so much better

Current Employee - Analyst  in  London, England
    Current Employee - Analyst in London, England

Pros

A good mix of people to work with & great brands.

Cons

Organisation design and outsourcing handled very badly and then poorly implemented. Org redesign took too long to get anywhere, and apart from seeing fewer people doesn't actually seem to have improved anything.

sell more - forget innovation & push deals to get brands into peoples homes every single week. our nappies are much better than the competitors - but the consumer doesn't make a choice in the shop based on this. pay to get nappies into hospitals & new parent bags every single time, push the advertising & brand building exercise everywhere. give products away to help - forget embossing puppies on a roll - just keep pushing a quality, reliable, use it all the time brand

Intern

Former Employee - Customer Development
    Former Employee - Customer Development

Pros

Great company culture, field sales offices are smaller but great young people. great workplace to build professional skills and really understand the business

Cons

lack of information about program before hand,

Truly want you to learn and grow from the experience

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A company for the people...

Current Employee - Sales & Marketing  in  Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Sales & Marketing in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Pros

KC was the first company i worked for out of University. My original plan was to work there for 5 years and then diversify. When I got to five years, i couldn't think of a single reason to leave. It hires and retains great people. People who care about one another and the the brands we represent. There are plenty of opportunities to learn & grow, it values work-life balance, flexible work arrangements and most of all, it's people.

Cons

let's be honest, Mississauga isn't the most desirable location in Canada.

major koodos for creating and embodying such a wonderful culture.

innovative and entrepreneur-like Global company with a smaller organization feel, valueing employees and their famlies

Pros

KC has a fast paced culture, one that believes in developing their employees, furthering them in their career path. A strong, stable organization that creates innovative products that make our lives easier. Products that you can be passionate about, a culture that cares about employees and their communities, both locally and internationally.

Cons

As with many larger organizations, can be restructurings that go on regulary. But that actually can be a good thing as well.

does an overall great job in developing teams, listening to employees. Perhaps additional training or support in the beginning.

Great Experience

Pros

great experience pleasant work environment

Cons

none that i have seen

Great Company

Former Employee - Financial Analyst  in  Roswell, GA (US)
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Roswell, GA (US)

Pros

I loved working. They really train their people in-depth. There are many opportunities for hands-on experiences and leadership.

Cons

It is very difficult to communicate cross-functionally at times. It can also seem a little unorganized at times as well.

N/A

Career growth opportunity

Pros

Dynamic and innovative culture and working with top notch people.

Cons

May need to travel and/or relocate to get ahead. One large campus not in a large enough city.

Work-life balance is appreciated but the further up you go the harder it is to achieve.

An employer dedicated to building talent

Pros

Kimberly-Clark has provided more than I could have asked for in terms of building my personal talent and giving me the opportunity to build the talent of those I work with. As an employer, Kimberly-Clark takes care of those employers who are willing to work hard. There is a definite sense of family in this company and its easy to see why one can have a lifetime of work and opportunities at Kimberly-Clark.

Cons

The workplace is what you make of it: if you don't look for opportunities to grow, you won't find them. Some may see Kimberly-Clark as having an "old school" mentality because the company has been around for so long. The decor is dated in some offices and employees may feel uninspired by this. BUT...there is a big initiative around this issue and most people have the option of working remotely anyway!

An individual development plan is not just another form to fill out. Encourage your team members to develop strong goals around education, exposure and experience. After doing so, help them feel empowered to reach those goals. You're only as strong as the team you lead, so build your capabilities.

Great people, interesting work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Neenah, WI (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Neenah, WI (US)

Pros

KC has been a great company to learn about Finance, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Marketing and the interconnectedness of a global business. I have thoroughly enjoyed my co-workers, appreciate the relative work-life balance, commitment to employee wellness and strong ethical culture. The candid, supportive nature of my team has helped me improve as an employee and as a person giving me experience that I can apply outside of the work place as well. I can hardly think of a better company to begin my career with.

Cons

The location is not always my favorite, but it certainly isn't bad if you like smaller towns. The current compensation structure tends to be encouraging a promote up or leave type culture.

Expecting more and paying average does not always work well when trying to retain "top talent"

Worked for Kimberly-Clark? Contribute to the Community!