Kimberly-Clark

Updated 28 September 2014
3.8

Kimberly-Clark Chairman, President, and CEO Tom Falk
Tom Falk

Pros
  • KC allows for ample growth opportunities and encourages a healthy work-life balance (in 55 reviews)

• Great people - good culture - people treat each other respectfully (in 29 reviews)

Cons
  • Too slow, awful performance management system, far too much bureaucracy (in 14 reviews)

• The Field Sales offices do not have as much work-life balance flexibility (in 12 reviews)

More Highlights

Good company that could use more proactive management

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Brighton, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brighton, England

I have been working at Kimberly-Clark full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

KC has a nice work environment and there are plenty of career opportunities if you are willing to go the extra mile and work hard. Very good training system and my experience has been that as ling as you are exceeding expectations with performance then the company is willing to invest in further developing people - for ex support with further education or flexible working.

Cons

Especially for the top performers pay doesn't reflect this therefore people don't feel rewarded enough which can be demotivatibg and sometimes KC is missing out on people that would otherwise be very passionate about their work and could be of great benefit to the company in the future. Management talks a lot about quick decisions and taking risk however they are slow in reacting to their team's concerns or doing something about it.

Promise less and action more, also ensure the pay reflects one's performance as the MBC doesn't reflect this at the moment and plans to put things right are not visible if they exist.

Better than most but not the best

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Reigate, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reigate, England

I have been working at Kimberly-Clark

Pros

Intelligent and collaborative colleagues. Invests a lot in employee training. Well developed processes and structure to learn a manufacturing business inside out. Cross-functional moves encouraged. Transparent compensation structure with almost no ambiguity on things like year end bonus.

Cons

Business under immense pressure so company trying to shrink its way to success. Flat structure with limited opportunities for career advancement within European Consumer division. Lean structure that means most personnel severely overworked.

Step out of comfort zone to focus on value adding M&A. Shrinking existing business albeit for right reasons is not a sustainable strategy.

Better off working for P&G

Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst  in  Reigate, England
    Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Reigate, England

I worked at Kimberly-Clark

Pros

Pay, final salary pension scheme, company has a good reputation.

Cons

Poor bonus structure. Reigate not a great location, difficult to commute to, to expensive to live locally.Overly competitive employee environment, filled with clock watchers and point scorers. Most would rather work for P&G and the majority have tried and failed to gain a role with them. the employee contract comes with a 3 month notice period - which they made me work! Work / life balance is poor and not helped by the location, competitive environment.

Be more open, develop more of a meritocracy - improve the bonus scheme.
    Go open plan - when i left there were more offices for managers than workspace for individual contributors!!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

could be so much better

Current Employee - Analyst  in  London, England
    Current Employee - Analyst in London, England

I have been working at Kimberly-Clark

Pros

A good mix of people to work with & great brands.

Cons

Organisation design and outsourcing handled very badly and then poorly implemented. Org redesign took too long to get anywhere, and apart from seeing fewer people doesn't actually seem to have improved anything.

sell more - forget innovation & push deals to get brands into peoples homes every single week. our nappies are much better than the competitors - but the consumer doesn't make a choice in the shop based on this. pay to get nappies into hospitals & new parent bags every single time, push the advertising & brand building exercise everywhere. give products away to help - forget embossing puppies on a roll - just keep pushing a quality, reliable, use it all the time brand

Great Co-op Experience!

Current Employee - Electrical Engineer Coop  in  Neenah, WI (US)
    Current Employee - Electrical Engineer Coop in Neenah, WI (US)

I have been working at Kimberly-Clark as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Excellent mentor/mentee system and co-ops do actual work that impacts products. 50 plus co-ops at the staff location in Neenah means great networking!

Cons

Location is not optimal. Mill locations do not many co-ops to interact with on a daily basis.

Expand recruiting to other schools outside the Midwest.

Process Engineering Co-op

Former Employee - Process Engineering Co-Op  in  Neenah, WI (US)
    Former Employee - Process Engineering Co-Op in Neenah, WI (US)

I worked at Kimberly-Clark as an intern for less than a year

Pros

KC has a great work-life balance. Even as an intern you can take time off if needed. The compensation is average for engineering interns. I performed a lot of meaningful projects which had clear impact on the business. I would defiantly recommend working as a Co-op for them

Cons

I had some issues with the HR department between my two co-op terms. Took a long time to receive an offer and only happened when I received an offer from another company.

The HR department could do a better job of giving out offers in a timely manner as well as communicating with previous Co-ops.

Fantastic learning experience and innovative work

Former Employee - R&E  in  Roswell, GA (US)
    Former Employee - R&E in Roswell, GA (US)

I worked at Kimberly-Clark as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Pay, people are fun to work with, and the work is engaging and interesing

Cons

Sometimes long hours. Have to be dedicated to meeting long-term goals

Connect more with team members. Be more personal

Co-op

Former Employee - Supply Chain Co-Op  in  Neenah, WI (US)
    Former Employee - Supply Chain Co-Op in Neenah, WI (US)

I worked at Kimberly-Clark as an intern for less than a year

Pros

The company culture is amazing. Everyone is very laid back and friendly. Kimberly-Clark is the best place I have worked so far. I would recommend the co-op to any college student looking to really learn skills that will launch them in their future career.

Cons

I have no cons. Overall it's a great place to work. Kimberly-Clark truly understands the value of "life-work balance".

was an engineering deigner

Current Employee - Design Engineer  in  Beech Island, SC (US)
    Current Employee - Design Engineer in Beech Island, SC (US)

I have been working at Kimberly-Clark as a contractor for more than 5 years

Pros

Was working in a team atmosphere while given the freedom to work on my own

Cons

worked with many new inexperienced engineers that thought they new more than they did

Upper management was great....in fact I trained them in 3d modeling

Great workplace

Former Employee - Intern  in  Roswell, GA (US)
    Former Employee - Intern in Roswell, GA (US)

I worked at Kimberly-Clark as an intern for less than a year

Pros

KC encourages growth by providing cross-functional training to employees. Great corporate culture. Flexible time for employees. Encourages lateral moves with-in the company.

Cons

Many job roles are located in Wisconsin - some people may not want to make that move.

Worked for Kimberly-Clark? Contribute to the Community!