Lagasse

Lagasse Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Todd Shelton

THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT WORKERS & H/R IS HORRIBLE AT THIS DENVER COMPANY!

Wharehouse Lead (Former Employee)
Aurora, CO (US)

I worked at Lagasse full-time for more than a year

ProsI really can't think of any. you get to go home after everything is done.. you don't get yelled at after 2:00PM because the boss is long gone by then.

ConsLets see where to start. As I had said H/R is a horrible dept. in this company. They harass the workers to the point that they quit. If you go to the higher up's in H/R you are told that YOU are the problem. I finally had to leave because of health issues from my job at lagasse. This is not a fair or nice place to work!

Advice to Senior ManagementClose this branch up and start over. This is one of the worst places to spend any time and upper management is to blind to see.

Good culture, despite unclear direction and lack of decision making at the higher levels.

Business Analyst (Former Employee)
Deerfield, IL (US)

I worked at Lagasse full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat building, kind coworkers. Ability to work with multiple departments and learn a lot. Very community oriented and the associates put in admirable efforts with charities all over the country.

ConsLeadership doesn't really put their foot down to make many decisions and the company seems to be run by a bunch of individuals pulling things in various directions and no one seems to have a sense of what the company is or where it's going.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut all resources into an attempted project, rather than split everyone up, and have them all try to accomplish the same thing in different ways without any group actually having the right resources. Invest more heavily in IT. The company makes almost all decisions manually, and inconsistently. And must type in what's happening operationally into a very antiquated ERP that doesn't suit the needs of the business at all.

Watch out for this place...

Distribution Associate II (Current Employee)
Grand Prairie, TX (US)

I have been working at Lagasse full-time for more than a year

ProsWhen I first Started working for this company in 2011 it was great....

ConsThe Supervisors show favoritism towards certain employees, 20 cent raise every April, 15 lines per hour maximum, will get reprimanded for not doing over that amount...

Advice to Senior ManagementThere should be some type of incentive for good employees, pay more attention to what the Supervisors and Plant Managers are doing wrong instead of the Distribution Associates on certain shifts....

Is it Lagasse or Lagasse Sweet?

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Lagasse

ProsNothing really coming to mind...

ConsFor starters, the office building is incredibly small and dusty with half of the rooms on the second floor being unused. They are an incredibly low budget company that uses an outdated computer program called TREND which constantly freezes while you are on a call with one of what seems to be many of their impatient customers.

They have a quick turnover because they only hire through temp agencies and dismiss the notion to actually hire anyone directly. As for the people who have been working there for more than a couple of months (which aren't very many), they remind me of high-schoolers, emailing gossip back and forth all day instead of assisting customers and letting calls build up in queue.

As far as the actual daily tasks, I sat at my desk for 8 hours everyday staring at my computer screen answering questions about janitorial and food service products. It took everything in my power not to fall asleep or completely die from boredom.

The managers like to think they are laid back,but the the truth is they are just silently judgmental if you don't kiss up to them. The pay is very little also, about half of the people working there had second jobs.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease update your software, office equipment and furniture. It'll be 2013 soon.

Blue collar mentality

I have been working at Lagasse

ProsBenefits of the parent company.

ConsGood ole boys club is alive and well - Senior management can't make a decision to save their lives.
Backstabbing is the norm. Work life balance is non-existent. They talk about the importance of culture - but they don't live it.

Advice to Senior ManagementSeek professional help. Learn to listen to the customers and your own people. The sellers are out competing for the business and fending off competition...you would be wise to listen to what we have to say

Good Job to Settle

Account Executive (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at Lagasse

ProsGood salary and comm. structure. Freedom of working independantly, not micro-managed. Company stresses the importance of family time vs. work time.

ConsLittle communication between middle management and corp. executives. The pay structure is changing on a yearly basis.....only to benifit the reps. (sure)

Advice to Senior ManagementMiddle management strong, upper management needs to engage more than once a year with acct. execs., to communicate future changes with more of a timeline, not just springing it on at the annual meeting.

They will let you work as hard as you want to.

Regional Operations Manager (Former Employee)
Atlanta, GA (US)

I worked at Lagasse

ProsLargely recession proof. People are great to work with and believe in work hard - play hard.

ConsSenior management often manage by seat of the pants

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the people more. Let the people you hire do their job.

Worked for Lagasse? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lagasse reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Lagasse CEO Todd Shelton. All 7 reviews are posted anonymously by Lagasse employees.