LanguageLine Solutions Reviews

158 reviews filtered by
2.6
LanguageLine Solutions President & CEO Scott W. Klein
Scott W. Klein

Pros
  • I work from home I don't care about paid holiday or sick leave (in 72 reviews)

• I'm able to work from home and able to help people (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Low salary (minimum wage) , No benefits, No paid vacation or sickness (in 24 reviews)

• no paid vacation, benefits are expensive (in 19 reviews)

1. In general good company

Current Employee - Vietnamese Interpreter in London, England
    Current Employee - Vietnamese Interpreter in London, England

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

flexible hour working very good if you have kids to take care :)
    minimum stress and learn a lot about different fields

Cons

no promotion, career growth and it is a self-employed if you work at home as an interpreter so no holiday, pension, etc

2. Interpreter

Current Employee - Interpreter in Portland, OR (US)
    Current Employee - Interpreter in Portland, OR (US)

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I work at the call center in Portland, Oregon. It's a full-time position, with benefits. Pay is $20/hr which is in line and toward the higher end for most interpretation places. Great location, full time, schedule is flexible so good for students, public transportation reimbursement, supervisors are nice to work with.

Cons

Company's policy is not clearly communicated, and keep changing depends on who you talked to. Misinformation regarding: holiday pay, penalty for employees, overtime pay, benefits, trajectory of company's profitability, and the manner in which the job will be carry out in the future (there were "talks" of video interpreting, for example, and "talks" of handling medical calls, but there are no definite answer as to when, and how.) We hear more rumors in the office than official news from the manager.

Advice to Management

Communication is super important.

3. Flexible schedule but low pay

I worked at LanguageLine Solutions full-time

Pros

- Very flexible schedule
    - Valuable and challenging work experience

Cons

- Low pay, considering how challenging the job is

Advice to Management

Pay more because being an interpreter is not an easy job.

5. Not-so-bad company

I worked at LanguageLine Solutions part-time

Pros

Work from home, nice people in all departments, you can take time-off if you need it. Overall a good company to work for.

Cons

Low pay, stressful, changes in schedule take a loooong time, training does not really train you to deal with "the real world". If you are an anxious person, stay away. At the beginning they may lie about the pay.

Advice to Management

Human resources department in Mexico: please do not lie about the pay, be honest from the very beginning. Pay your interpreters better, don't be cheap.

6. very satisfied

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions full-time

Pros

very comfortable job, working from home, steady work, 40 hours a week Mon-Fri, good pay comparing to other companies starting with $17 as a video interpretr

Cons

its hard to communicate with management, payroll, or HR , all communication has to be via Email which it can take sometime up to 1 week for an urgent thing

Advice to Management

Try to improve communication system between interpreter and management

7. Good job working from home

Current Employee - Spanish Interpreter
    Current Employee - Spanish Interpreter

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions

Pros

Working from home so no need to fill car with gas or buy clothes for work. Reimbursed for phone line and phone equipment.

Cons

Very busy at times and requesting time off is a bit hard. You have to use a calendar to see what days are available and often, the days you need/want are mysteriously unavailable.

8. I have been working for language line solution for more that 2 years now, the job is easy at times and stressful at time

Current Employee - Interpreter in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Interpreter in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions

Pros

Work from home
    You learn something everyday

Cons

Communicating with management needs to be better

Advice to Management

It is hard to reach you, it takes days to get a reply to an e-mail and impossible to call you.

Okay for starters

Former Employee - Interpreter
    Former Employee - Interpreter

I worked at LanguageLine Solutions part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good to learn the ropes. Better than most training. Most dont give you any.

Cons

strict adherence to specific schedule. Low pay. calls are mostly tedious.

Advice to Management

You are making a bundle. All of your experienced interpreters leave after a while. There is a reason for this. Pay more and give more flexibility.

10. Very good company

Current Employee - Medical Interpreter -work At Home in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Medical Interpreter -work At Home in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions

Pros

work from home , decent pay

Cons

Benefit not so good, but It's fine for me.

Advice to Management

I Have no advice in terms of this

Very bad experience, would not recommend to anyone.

Current Employee - All-call Interpreter in Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - All-call Interpreter in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Work at home.
    - Earning an income to survive if lack of other options.

Cons

- Job requires great skills , education, effort but in the other hand Miserable pay, minimum wage, no respect.
    -No paid vacations, hard to get days off without them seizing the opportunity to count it against you, inflexible schedule.
    - According to their client companies LLS charges them high bills , for one day of an interpreter's work about approximately 10000 USD , the interpreter gets less than 90, that's how cheap they are ...
    - Slave driving Greedy company only interested in profit and exploitation of employees.
    - They sometimes claim mistakes in the calculation of payroll but mysteriously these "mistakes" always give you less than they owe, never more. you always have to be vigilant and document and watch the number of hours you worked which gives you extra work in addition to the already high demand, stressful work you are doing.
    - Clients/agents from companies you interpret for are sometimes, rude , stressed, uneducated, stupid, not trained on how to work with an interpreter and tend to blame the interpreter for their incompetence, in which case your own company does not get your back and throws the interpreter under the bus to appease the client. Interpreters are considered disposable, and that is why the company cannot retain a lot of experienced competent interpreters and counts on continuous hiring with low standards.
    management is cheap in compensation of equipment etc, they always try to find excuses to give you only partial compensation or nothing at all. they refused to pay for equipment claiming it is not the kind that they want, then after I proved to them it was not the case, they only paid for one piece of equipment and not the other.
    Despite having outstanding evaluations and excellent performance there is no reward or incentive in the long term except for a tiny taxable performance bonus of about a hundred and smth dollars twice a year.
    you only hear from them if they are trying to police you, or if they get an inaccurate complaint from a from a 1 over 100 mentally unstable frustrated client trying to use the interpreter as a punchbag to blame for his own issues, problems, incompetence, etc. in which case LLS takes his word over yours.
    -The Fact that they post fake positive employee reviews here to mislead possible prospects.

Advice to Management

Your company's has nothing to sell your only capital are your competent , trained , educated interpreters. TAKE CARE OF AND HAVE SOME RESPECT FOR YOUR INTERPRETERS. YOUR INTERPRETERS DESERVE A BETTER TREATMENT, AND YES THEY DESERVE BETTER THAN MINIMUM WAGE.

LanguageLine Solutions Photos