Lehman Brothers

www.lehman.com

Lehman Brothers Reviews

Updated Jul 11, 2014

Lehman Brothers CEO Richard Fuld Jr.

Richard Fuld Jr.

Pros
  • Great work life balance and financial packet(in 14 reviews)

• Ahead of other investment banks in promotion of women(in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Managers show no sympathy for junior people for working ultra long hours(in 18 reviews)

• Towards the end there was morebegoninvolved by he senior management and that led to the rims downfall(in 14 reviews)

Good - but no long term longetivity due to it being a company in administration

Vice President (Former Employee) London, England

ProsGreat work life balance and financial packet

ConsI cannot present any cons to this company given that the company is winding down

Advice to Senior ManagementNone to share

Review

Associate (Current Employee) London, England

ProsGreat unique career experience, the bank invested a lot of time in their staff and the compensation was good. A lot of excellent people professionally and socially.

ConsObviously the firm going into administration, the job could no longer be guaranteed and the workforce was wound down. This had a negative impact on the atmosphere.

gone

Prosit was a great place

Consbut it has gone bankrupted

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

a good experience and pay as an analyst

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosinternational, professional, people-focused, flexible, hard-working

ConsUnfortunately it got bankrupt but many people were able to move to different companies

Good while it lasted!

Vice President (Former Employee) London, England

Pros- Positive work environment
     - Supportive colleagues

Cons- now synonymous with banking failure

Great Fun

Treasury Analyst (Current Employee) City of London, England

ProsPart of the biggest bankruptcy in history. All very exciting!

ConsGoing bankrupt creates bad morale, especially when its done before pay day.

Advice to Senior ManagementDont go bust

difficult

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) London, England

ProsLehman Brothers was a proud organisation, proactive, with a can do attitude to risk taking and client service. However risk management was not good.

ConsMy experience is tainted somewhat, as I was there during the default phase, which meant that focus was all regulatory focussed not client.

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing more to say really given the company h a s now closed. RIP to the Lehmann Bros....good luck to my former colleagues.

Lehman is a good place to have worked at, but not so great to be at.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) London Colney, England

ProsWell paid, good benefits. Convenient and pleasant work location at one of the world's premier investment banks. Good place to have come from and nice to have on your CV.

ConsVery political, quite disorganised. Several groups working on similar projects. Unpleasant rivalries. It turns out that the risk management platitudes uttered by senior management were quite easily sen through by other market participants.

Advice to Senior ManagementI have no advice to give.

Great people and place, poor management

(Former Employee) London, England

ProsGreat facilities and amenities made it an enjoyable place to work. Good platform for communication among employees and full of hardworking people with diverse backgrounds.

ConsLack of enforcement of responsibilities for senior management. Inefficient organizational structure that lacks accountability. Lack of face to face interactions.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeeded to reorganize organizational structure to ensure efficiency and transparency between divisions. More cooperation between senior management, traders, middle and back offices in person would have been helpful

Lehman Operations Analyst in Graduate Program (only lasted 1 week)

Operations Analyst (Former Employee) London, England

ProsI only worked there for 1 week before the company went bankrupt, but most of the senior managemnet was really impressive. the job paid well and the recent grads in my program were nice, smart, and for the most part humble

ConsI worked there for only 1 week is the obvious one. Second would be that the company obviously had some serious issues

Advice to Senior ManagementI don't really have a great perspective on this; again I was there for only 5 days. On the whole, management was impressive and the training program was thorough

Worked for Lehman Brothers? Contribute to the Community!