Liberty Global

Be The First To
Add Photos

Liberty Global President, CEO, and Director Michael T. Fries

Michael T. Fries

Great location, Great offices, Great People, Great Job, Great Carreer Opportunities, Great Company!

Manager (Current Employee) London, England

ProsUpon arrival you understand that everything has been thought off in terms of making sure the employee feels at home and comfortable. A great work environement where everyone is very helpful and where management supports you and also trust that you will do the job to the best of your ability.
    Amazing location, amazing offices, great people and fantasit career opportunities.

ConsWith the legacy of being a traditional M&A growth orientated business, the company could do with some improvement in terms of systems and admin but having reached a certain business maturity, LG is currently working towards a more strategic alignement.

Advice to Senior Management- Consolidates and communicates the Liberty Global Values.
    - GIve exposure to who's doind what within the company, job shadowing to understand the different priorities.
    - Accentuate external PR communications to drive organisational pride

Come work here the people are good, the product is good and the management know what they are doing.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) London, England

ProsGood people, good company , good performance

ConsIn my location the size of the company is not large enough to move jobs

Advice to Senior ManagementApart from a code of conduct there are no stated values

Review of working atmoshphere at Liberty Global

Manager Tax (Current Employee) Amsterdam (Netherlands)

ProsLG provides competitive slaries and benefits, there are opportunities for training and leadership assignments. Work is interesting, the company expands its activities contuniously and there are lots of M&A activities. there are many events during the year where colleagues can come together and do fun things together. (summer and Christmas parties, new year's receptions etc.)

ConsThe company's increasing size makes communication between departments less efficient, there is space for potential improvement regarding people managemement, the work culture is a bit controlling.

Advice to Senior ManagementLess controlling, more focus on people management and soft skills, improve communication channels.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It's like a roller coaster ride BUT fun!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Schiphol (Netherlands)

ProsWorking with the latest technologies in one of the biggest scales possible in mainland Europe with a large group of technically skilled people.

ConsThe culture is good, the people are good the politics and rapidly shifting directions can drive you mad sometimes, but maybe this is normal in a company of that size.

Great social bonuses

Digital Media Editorial Manager (Current Employee) Amsterdam (Netherlands)

ProsRelaxed, internatinal atmosphere. Fantastic office (AMS head office) with a coffee bar, subsidised cantine and a free gym.

ConsProject oriented company, technology focused, flat organizational structure. Oversized, slow decision making process.

Advice to Senior ManagementMotivate more and take action, take responsibility, move forward.

Worst company i've ever worked for

Network Engineer (Former Employee) Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Prosdecent package and that's pretty much it

Consirresponsible management, no direction, no instructions, no ducumentation, no added value

everything is solved by throwing money away on consulting companies

Advice to Senior Managementchange your job

Interesting industry, interesting products, a lot of potential but too much politics and mediocre middle managers.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat technology, some excellent technical people. Good senior management in Europe and US. Good salary for staff with responsibility.

ConsToo much politics and too many mediocre mid level managers (managers and directors). The company could remove a layer of managers only eager to show off instead of driving the company vision. Too little room for career growth, unless you are friend of someone higher in the hierarchy.

Advice to Senior ManagementWorth checking the benefits of introducing meritocracy into the company.

Fast Paced and always adapting to the market

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsDynamic and fluid, lots of opportunities

ConsIntense environment, sometimes too fast

Good place to be

ProsWork life balance is possible to achieve

ConsSometimes leadership can be confusing

Awesome company to work for!

Accounting (Current Employee) Denver, CO (US)

ProsFlexible schedule, great co-workers, breakfast and lunch for employees, beautiful building, interesting and challenging tasks

ConsOccassional lack of communication and delegation of duties

Worked for Liberty Global? Contribute to the Community!