Lincare Holdings Reviews

Updated 25 August 2014
Updated 25 August 2014

1.9

John P. Byrnes

Pros
  • Entry level position into healthcare sales industry (in 6 reviews)

• The compensation is good and they take care of their sales reps (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management has lost sight of the roots of it's business - their employees (in 29 reviews)

• in the span of 5 years we went through 6 Sales Reps (in 20 reviews)

More Highlights

Huge World of Opportunity! It all depends on you.

Current Employee - Area Manager
    Current Employee - Area Manager

I have been working at Lincare Holdings full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Growing marketplace, expanding company, lots of opportunity for achievers.

Cons

The most demanding but rewarding work experience that I have had. No one told me what I needed to do but I knew what had to be done to take care of the patient and make the patient population grow.

Not too bad, depends on your center

I have been working at Lincare Holdings

Pros

pay, employees, freedom, gas, lunch

Cons

no company expense account, outdated software

Good times

Former Employee - Sales Representative  in  Saint Louis, MO (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Saint Louis, MO (US)

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

People I worked with and the commissions used to be great. If you work hard you can make a lot of money.

Cons

salary is too low for new reps to get started, they need a sign on bonus to make it feasible to succeed as it takes about 3 months to cultivate business and relationships.

Center managers should be able to make commissions as well. Their expectations of center managers to make calls and build relationships to cultivate business, but the commissions do not get allocated to anyone.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It's never enough. "Sure you got 150% growth last quarter but how could you do more?"

Current Employee - Center Manager
    Current Employee - Center Manager

I have been working at Lincare Holdings full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people I work with

Cons

Company refuses to invest in technology that is readily available to them and that all the competitors are using. Efficiency is not their forte. Everything is wrapped up in corporate red tape which makes it impossible to stay competitive with other companies. Will only spend money on their sales force. No investment in developing their managers. That's why all the complaints are about bad managers. Nothing is ever enough. Set unrealistic expectations and derive goals based on numbers absolutely pulled out of division/area management's imagination. Goals you'll never hit or if you DO hit them, they will just make them unattainable next year. Company is infamous for letting locations go to the brink of implosion before they will do anything to correct the problems. Medicare shutdown waiting to happen.

Invest in your management team. Numbers on paper are not your only indicator for how well or terrible a location is doing. That's why you have so many locations in trouble, as long as the sales numbers keep trailing, you don't care.

Getting Worse To Work For

I have been working at Lincare Holdings

Pros

Chances for advancement, Solid company financially.

Cons

As an employee, you are a number. They DO NOT have patients in their best interest. Their best interest is in who they can buy next and rip all their employees and patients off to make it happen.

Wake up! This company does not care about their employees at all.

Poor training

Former Employee - Service Representative  in  Saint Paul, MN (US)
    Former Employee - Service Representative in Saint Paul, MN (US)

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time for less than a year

Pros

As a Service Rep enjoyed helping people and it was nice not being confined to one place

Cons

Basically no training, Company would not spend any money on safety

Give Service reps some training. Invest in safety equipment

Customer Service Representative

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Lincare Holdings full-time for more than a year

Pros

Love my coworkers, the area feels like a huge family, and great customers. The pay for an entry level position isn't bad as well

Cons

No growth within the company, the raises are okay but could be better, and management could be better as well,

Focus!!!!!

ADHD "focus" without meds.

Current Employee - Healthcare Specialist
    Current Employee - Healthcare Specialist

I have been working at Lincare Holdings full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It's nice to be able to take care of patients. Setting my own schedule is a bonus, but that varies from center to center. It depends on how much the manager and csrs think they can count on you to do it yourself. I'm not new at this so someone else managing my schedule is not what I'm looking for. If you have a good center staff and area manager, it can be fun.

Cons

Expectations are ridiculous. The focus changes sometimes within a month. You can count on it changing at least monthly. Assessments are supposed to be a priority, but then an "emergency" cpap order will come in and override that. The amount of work that is expected of the HCS (and all positions, really) is unreasonable. In order to see the number of patients required for assessments and setups, all the follow ups, ordering, cleaning equipment, working reports, and being present for conference calls there would always need to be two HCSs per center. That is not the case. Most centers have one. Even in centers with more than one HCS, there's usually enough work for an additional person. No consideration is given to the personal life of HCSs and STs. Everyone else goes home at a decent time, but quitting time for HCSs and STs doesn't exist. Minimal inventory is allowed and the ordering process is cumbersome. Some equipment goes through two approvals before reaching purchasing and it may be rejected at any point. Bonuses are mythical. Thresholds will be set, only to be changed once the center is close or has met them. Mileage reimbursement is helpful but sorely lacking. Being able to answer a phone and use a computer are about all the skills needed for CSRs. Being able to communicate well verbally and in writing are not strong skills I've observed and it's hard to bite my tongue and not make corrections on a daily, sometimes hourly, basis. There is no real training for new managers but rather a sink or swim mentality. Center operations only matter to upper management when they don't meet the requirements for O2 setups. As long as you meet the numbers, nobody cares what you do or how you do it.

Care about your center staff. Create upward mobility opportunities. Implement true training program for CSRs and CMs.

Not worried about the smaller workers that keep their money flow high.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Beaumont, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Beaumont, TX (US)

I have been working at Lincare Holdings full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits, overtime available, transferring is possible, a few good people, ability to advance higher. Wide range of learning information ability.

Cons

No back up support, doesn't care about families, not worried about desires to get your college degree. Doesn't like you to use your sick time, even though you can prove it is a serious situation

Consider whom you place in your center manager position

Professional Interviews But...

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time for less than a year

Pros

I did three interviews with them and each one was very professionally conducted.. It was only after accepting the job that you get treated like a puppy who peed on the rug. The benefits are above average, and on the surface it sounds like you're serving the public in a good way. Then you discover drivers who aren't able to complete their routes and the customer calls you back upset.

Cons

Lincare has the strangest techniques for discussions with employees. The pay is extremely low considering your job duties. I also witnessed management make fun of someone with a disability and harass them about it.

Take some empathy classes!

Worked for Lincare Holdings? Contribute to the Community!