Lincoln Financial Group

Lincoln Financial Group Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Lincoln Financial Group President, CEO, and Director Dennis R. Glass

Dennis R. Glass

Pros
  • They do offer a good Work-Life Balance compared with other companies in the Financial Services Industry(in 22 reviews)

• If you can hang onto this job then there are great benefits including tuition reimbursement which is very important(in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • Recognition of work life balance seems to be declining sharply(in 6 reviews)

• Advancement opportunities are not given on basis of merit(in 4 reviews)

Excellent place to work

Business Analyst (Current Employee) Omaha, NE (US)

ProsI love the culture, people, flexibility and competitive salary

ConsNone that I can think of

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work

Great stepping stone to your career

Business Analyst (Current Employee) Omaha, NE (US)

ProsGreat place to work to have a work/life balance. Opportunities to grow within your career and training is always available.

ConsVery process driven with a lack of innovation and opportunities to develop with new ideas. "This is how we've always done it"

Limited advancement opportunities

Internal Wholesaler (Current Employee) Radnor, PA (US)

ProsWell known company thats been in business for a long time

ConsManagement is only interested in promoting brown nosers over more senior hard working employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey need to take a look at older more tenured employees that are more dedicated to their jobs instead of people that are 22 and right out of college.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

They pay well but there's no loyalty here...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPays well, depending on the job it's pretty easy, excellent training for the position.

Cons1. Managers aren't typically qualified to be at their level. 2. Later in the year they told everyone that they needed to meet their end of year goals and then they were letting everyone go because they wanted to close that branch. 3. After we were let go I asked my former supervisor (he ended up moving to another branch) for a reference and he said it's company policy not to provide these to any former employee unless he wishes to be fired himself. I confirmed this with other co-workers. That's the sort of company you're dealing with.

Waste of Investors money with poor strategic project management

Business Analyst (Current Employee) Omaha, NE (US)

ProsIf you enjoy not working or thinking this is the place for you. Many departments are in their own bubble and won't bother you. They dont even know how their department effects others. Projects are so slow that taking a vacation and coming back where you left off is common. They have a kiosk that offers starbucks drinks at a cheaper cost.

ConsToo many "bosses" so few true leaders. I was hoping to find leadership qualities within this financial institute to help my career growth but rather saw that leadership didn't care to partake in the projects to understand what is truly needed to support the project team. Many times projects either dissolved after months of wheels spinning or morphed into multiple small projects with overlaping objectives. Management continued to bring in more resources from multple consulting companies that offer "best practices" hoping projects would move, but did the opposite and caused more spinning with side activities regarding best practices and not really focusing on making strategic decisions to move the project forward to completion. The company is saturated with third party relationships that continue to fail and slow projects down. There is a clear dividing line between "workers" and "management" that carries too much politics to want to help this company succeed. They turn a blind eye to employees and praise many of the consultants who take others work and add pictures and slides. If you're looking for a career growth and a healthy working environment, I would look else where as they are setting you up to fail within this organization.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop looking elsewhere for your answers and try to involve yourself more to make strategic decisions as the leader. Moving deadlines and adding resources doesn't provide the solutions. Own your decisions and be transparent with them to your team otherwise you will not get the support or build the moral for a sucessful team/department. Share your goals and visions FREQUENTLY and take the time to LISTEN to those that are there to support you to reach those goals. Without that relationship there is no motivation to accomplish someone else goals with no purpose. AVOIDANCE and ABSTINENCE will not get the job done or at least not succesfully.

Challenging project with great people.

Senior Applications Developer (Former Employee) Fort Wayne, IN (US)

ProsGreat people to work with on a challenging project.

ConsTop heavy with many meetings having redundant discussions.

A great place to work, great culture and work life balance

Vice President (Current Employee) Phila, PA (US)

ProsCulture, growth potential, Senior management very approachable

ConsMy commute, Location in Phili, mobility within the company due to its size

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on core competencies when it comes to new acquisitions rather than branching out

Great company

ProsA company that truly tries to do what is right for the client while making a profit along the way. They do offer a good Work-Life Balance compared with other companies in the Financial Services Industry. Many individuals will work at Lincoln for 10+,20+,30+ and even 40+ years

ConsLincoln will never pay top dollar

Advice to Senior ManagementYou've weathered the financial storm of 2008, you corporate strategy appears to be on track. Keep up the good work.

Company is too top heavy and sales rep focused

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNice to work for a corporate company in terms of benefits and job stability. However, the company is too top heavy with directors and Executive VP's for everything. Recent restructuring was a disaster out in the field offices and was never even piloted.

ConsNo room for advancement unless you live in Omaha near their home office *no thanks*. Pay is not nearly enough for the amount of stress you deal with on a daily basis.

Advice to Senior ManagementCut the fat, there is no need to have so many executives. Start focusing on the people that make it happen every day and pay them accordingly.

Next time you want to roll out a new program, try piloting it first and actually listen to what people who are being affected by it have to say.

Review

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWork life balance, culture, benefits

ConsPolitical, training, growth, mixed messages,

Worked for Lincoln Financial Group? Contribute to the Community!