Lincoln Financial Group Reviews

Updated 17 April 2015
247 reviews filtered by

LFG Review

Current Employee - Processor in Fort Wayne, IN (US)
    Current Employee - Processor in Fort Wayne, IN (US)

I have been working at Lincoln Financial Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

A Great place to work!

Cons

Some positions are very high stress.

2. Lincoln Financial from an Actuarial Perspective

I have been working at Lincoln Financial Group

Pros

The people are great to work with

Cons

There are not enough people on staff to meet the demands of the business

Don't Believe the Hype

Current Employee - Retirement Consultant
    Current Employee - Retirement Consultant

I have been working at Lincoln Financial Group full-time

Pros

This job is a great way to learn how to survive. You are on your own and if you make it here you can make it anywhere!!!

Cons

They will tell you this job has unlimited pay potential and the average Retirement Consultant makes 90k a year. FYI out of 80 only about 2 made that much, so odds are it won't be you!!!! You will be lucky to make half that much, so be ready to apply for government assistance. You will be asked to sell people things they don't need, so again, you can't say you didn't know before hand.

Advice to Management

How you lie to prospective employees is amazing, as the business changes your Retirement Consultants will be exposed for what they are annuity salesmen and nothing else.

This is the oddest place to work, way too top heavy and no one makes a decision.

Current Employee - Project Manager
    Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at Lincoln Financial Group

Pros

The compensation is good, the people are great b

Cons

Nothing is urgent. Too many avp'so who will not make decisions unless it's by committee. Entirely a meeting based culture.

Advice to Management

Staff appropriately, empower employers, thin the AvP level. Add more managers who know what's really going on.

6. Great company, not afraid to make necessary changes

I have been working at Lincoln Financial Group

Pros

Great environment for any one looking to be in an established company. Proper tools to execute job well. Always looking to improve processes and procedures.

Cons

A little behind on software and technology. Though they do take steps to do better, sometimes just seemed behind the curve of technology and working with streamline processing.

Advice to Management

Construct a better training and follow up system.

Great Company to Work for if You Love It

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Lincoln Financial Group as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

As an intern they seem very inclined to include you in the various departments and definitely did not make me do grunt work. They also stress the work-balance.

Cons

I sometimes wondered whether my work would have a real impact. Lots of hoops and hurdles to jump through to get anything done.

8. Great company

I worked at Lincoln Financial Group full-time

Pros

Salary, total benefits, good people

Cons

Upward movement, work life balance

Duh which way did he go George?

Former Employee - BI Team in Omaha, NE (US)
    Former Employee - BI Team in Omaha, NE (US)

I worked at Lincoln Financial Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good pay and benefits
    Easy commute

Cons

Group protection is doomed due to stupid management. Ever had a manager that thought she was too good to manage you? Welcome to LFG.

Also in Omaha, it is called group protection. They are owned by LFG but not really part of it. The corporate people hate us as we are costing them money. Don't look at the LNC stock and use that determine LFG in Omaha is doing good, that is simply not the case. Earnings are down 60% and continue to drop.

Leadership is non existent and here are some seriously unprofessional employees and without good management no way to address it.

Put it this way, I know a couple crazies (yelling cussing at work) who have not lasted more than a year all over Omaha at various companies. Guess what, they have been at LFG for years now. That should tell you something.

If you LIke MSACCESS, this is the place for you. They do not invest back in the company at all!

Advice to Management

Fire yourself.

One of the most difficult sales positions you will encounter. People don't give life insurance salesman enough credit.

Current Employee - Life Insurance Sales in Lancaster, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Life Insurance Sales in Lancaster, PA (US)

I have been working at Lincoln Financial Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Your income is endless and is based upon how much premium you collect for life insurance policies that stays in force for at least 1 year. If the client pays for less than a year, you will face a recapture of the commission. Lincoln has very competitive underwriting and are is very competitive in many areas of the business, especially the high dollar clients.

Cons

Your year isn't necessarily determined by how successful you are at sales because many sales go southbound based on underwriting. Underwriting can make or break your year. I had dozens and dozens of life insurance declines or rated policies over the years that clients wouldn't accept. Just like any sales job, you can end up doing a lot of work for nothing. It's difficult to get people to sit down and discuss life insurance. Many people are foolish enough to think what they have at work is enough and then come crawling back hoping to get some life insurance coverage once they have a heart attack, get cancer, become diabetic, or one of the many other health conditions that would make them uninsurable or highly rated, but then of course, it's too late. You are in competition with many other life insurance salesman that can sell the same thing, so it is definitely a relationship business.

Advice to Management

It's not really about management. You are pretty much on your own to find clients and network for business.

The great benefits may not be enough for this company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA (US)

I have been working at Lincoln Financial Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits are great! The management tries to engage employees. There are some great managers. Work life balance is excellent in some departments and completely non-existent in others.

Cons

Little room for advancement, employees applying to internal jobs are treated poorly.

Lincoln Financial Group Photos