Live Nation Entertainment

Live Nation Entertainment Reviews

Updated Jul 18, 2014

Live Nation Entertainment President, CEO, and Director Mike Rapino

Mike Rapino

Pros
  • Very laid back work environment, great people, free concerts(in 10 reviews)

• Great People with Great ideas working to improve the industry and the fan experience(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management runs things based on their egos and have no clue how to run a profitable business(in 8 reviews)

• It's very difficult to have a work/life balance as working here will require long days that exend into weekends, especially during the concert season(in 4 reviews)

Programmer

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere is a good work life balance.For someone who is always up for a new challenge, being able to move from a development team, to a marketing group, to services, and back again, provides the intellectual challenge that many people seek – without having to update the resume and embark on a job search.

ConsLot of politics happens at the higher. The benefits were less. Not a paymaster.There was not much socialising or team lunches organized by the management.

Fast-paced

Office Manager (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsJob was always changing, always adding responsibilities, day went quickly with so much activity

ConsLong days for show days

Great Company to work for

Data Analyst (Current Employee) Hollywood, CA (US)

ProsFlex work environment, internal growth opportunities

ConsLack structure, and cross teams co-ordination

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great People

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat people to work with

ConsLong work days during show times

Intern

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI was able to be really hands on and work on my own projects.

ConsI was not paid and there were no concert ticket perks.

Usher/Ticket taker

ProsYou get to see a variety of shows (country, metal, oldies,etc.)
    Meet tons of people/ make friends
    Only during the night, so during the summer you have tons of time to go to the beach

ConsDealing with a lot of intoxication people can be stressful at times
    The shows are not equally spaced out so you can work a total of one week in a month so do not expect a steady paycheck.

Consistently inconsistent.

Finance (Current Employee) Hollywood, CA (US)

ProsThe upper staff of the company wants to make Live Nation a better place to work for, but it doesn't mean everyone else will want that too.

ConsCan't vouch for other departments, but the ones I work with including mine, lack basic management skills, guilt you into working long hours and don't allow room for creativity. Self care and balancing work and personal life is IMPORTANT- some people think otherwise.

Advice to Senior ManagementDelve into each departments culture and core values...and work within to help make a positive impact on company culture. Departments are similar to states- they all have their own rules, but are still under one country.

Rule by fear and yelling

Project Manager (Former Employee) Hollywood, CA (US)

ProsCompensation was fair.
    The building was pretty.
    The location was great, right on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

ConsSenior management very immature. Made decisions with very little understanding of the technology of which they were in charge. Any attempt to educate them was met with hostility.

Sponsorship/Sales Intern

Sponsorship Intern (Current Employee) Hollywood, CA (US)

ProsKeeping in mind that each department and team dynamic varies, my personal experience at the company has been great. Things I have enjoyed include:
    - Relaxed Environment with no micromanaging
    - Variety of tasks to learn. Bosses are quick to have you do work that matters and actually impacts the business, not just menial labor or busy work
    - Super flexible with scheduling for interns
    - A more culture-savvy and trendy work environment in the Sales department (since these are the guys that need to know which brands will sell and what people want to buy).

Cons- No pay for interns is probably the biggest concern, but it IS the Music Industry so it's to be expected
    - Free tickets are presented as a perk, but in reality they are near-impossible to get since you can only get tickets to shows at venues that LN owns (3 in my area) to shows that aren't sold out (aka the shows you actually want to go to are probably off the list)

Great environment!

Associate Director of Sales (Current Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsPeople are all amazing and creative. Great place to get started with lots of potential to grow.

ConsWith such a large corporation, it is sometimes difficult to get responses from coworkers in other cities.

Worked for Live Nation Entertainment? Contribute to the Community!