LiveOps

Updated 21 November 2014
Updated 21 November 2014
3.6

Vasili Triant

Pros
  • Work from home -- no commuting or having to shop for clothes for your work attire (in 61 reviews)

• The ability to have a flexible schedule and to work remote are a huge plus when you have a family at home (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Otherwise you will suffer by getting very low call volume and make very little money (in 16 reviews)

• Things are extremely fast paced because of that it can be hard to get that work/life balance that people need to be successful (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Great to be able to help build a winning company

Current Employee - Marketing in London, England
    Current Employee - Marketing in London, England

I have been working at LiveOps full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- Excellent product set that hits the market sweet spot for multichannel cloud contact centres
    - Superb team of people - all pulling together in one direction, and supporting each other. Love being part of what we're building here.
    - Not bounded by my job title - I can see what needs to be done so roll my sleeves up and do it. Great to have that autonomy, and trust.
    - New leadership team (new CEO) adding fresh impetus and momentum, marked by balance of focus on and respect for both customers and employees. Dramatic improvement in employee communication that has re-established a true sense of 'team LiveOps'.

Cons

- Usual challenges/growing pains of a young company in start up mode: how best to apply resource to drive growth at optimum pace? But if you have an opinion on how to work through these challenges, yours will be as valuable an input as everyone else's.

Some of my comments above are typical of those that characterise 'great places to work': trust, team/camaraderie, respect, communication, management credibility, and enjoyment. We have an opportunity to turn LiveOps into a 'great place to work': keep walking the talk, and I'll walk with you.

A lot of promise, and a lot of promises: Neither fulfilled

Former Employee - Sales Director in London, England
    Former Employee - Sales Director in London, England

I worked at LiveOps full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Excitement and the feeling that there is technology being developed that will be shaping the future . The potential for exercising share options. Some excellent customers like Salesforce. Technology that looks and feels intuitive in client demonstrations.

Cons

This might just be a 'start-up thing' - but I found some major challenges. There is an awful lot of vapourware in terms of what is presented to the customer/partner, and what is actually happening/achievable, proven... this pushed me out of my comfort zone as a salesperson at times. Also the culture is entirely US-focussed, highly detached and quite often does NOT reward effort outside of billable seats. I found that this combination saw some fairly schizophrenic 'hire 'em and fire 'em' decisions, and I have since seen a significant slice of influential Management (Sales and Product) removed - but I know some guys there still working serious hours and finding life fairly uncomfortable.

People in your organisation need time, effort and engagement to reach their potential. Too many promises on what might happen will really start to burn people out. When I worked here the CEO would not even share a cab ride with his employees. This speaks volumes.

Innovative company and a great place to work

Current Employee - Managing Director UK in London, England
    Current Employee - Managing Director UK in London, England

I have been working at LiveOps full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Main aim of the CEO is to build a great company.
    Employee and Customer satisfaction are the top priorities for the leadership team
    Flexible work environment and a fun culture

Cons

The company is on a huge change curve and it's difficult to comment on the cons at this point. One of the main things that was a challenge was company communication but this has already been addressed by the deployment of new communication tools such as Lync

Keep going as you are.. We have an awesome product, awesome team and we need to keep the momentum.!

Nice company to work for.

I have been working at LiveOps as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Consistent paychecks flexible schedule easy training good communication

Cons

nothing really yet will continue to montior

LiveOps is a good option for people who want to earn money by working at home with flexibility on committed hours.

Current Employee - Sales/Customer Service
    Current Employee - Sales/Customer Service

I have been working at LiveOps part-time (less than an year)

Pros

LiveOps is good for those who enjoy talking on the phone and selling.The highest compensation potential is for licensed insurance agents. There are many other types of programs that agents can elect to participate in, and compensation varies by the program. What's attractive about working as a LiveOps Agent is establishing work-life balance.

Cons

One down side of working with LiveOps is that agents need to be able to tolerate rejection, and the level varies by the program. Another down side is that there is literally no way to speak to LiveOps staff. The only way to communicate with them is through an internal online messaging system similar to e-mail, and sometimes responses can take a day or more to receive.

For the insurance programs, I think licensed agents should only receive qualified leads, which would make the calling experience more gratifying for both the callers and agents. Having experienced agents work with unqualified callers often becomes frustrating for everyone. Since LiveOps does have some programs where non-licensed agents screen callers and then transfer qualified leads to licensed agents, I don't know why it isn't done that way across the board. Not only would it be much less frustrating, but it would probably be much more productive.

Growing Company - Superb Culture and Values - Nice to work remotely!

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Remote, OR (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Remote, OR (US)

I have been working at LiveOps full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

it's nice to be an employee and work remotely, from home. LiveOps is outstanding with regards to including and keeping remote team members in the loop. The company's culture and values are back where they should be, or rather, are where they were when offered this position and what was working to become successful! They are focused on the client and on the customer, as well empowering employees to make the best choice.

Cons

A few 'resilient' apples (managers/directors) - hold information too close, micro every step, have their hands in too many projects....resilience, belief and trust in team members is good; rigid, disbelief and doubt not so good.

Continue the path we are on. Obviously, the more transparent and the more we learn from a few mistakes, will result in investment from all in the culture and values, leading to increased growth and focus!

The Future is Bright

I have been working at LiveOps full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

What a difference a few months makes! After several bumpy years under our former CEO, Vasili is working hard to right the ship and grow the company. I am encouraged by new vision and direction. LiveOps has a close knit team that works well together.

Cons

LiveOps used to offer excellent health benefits but times are changing and the most comprehensive plans are no longer available, which is disappointing.

Stay focused. Encourage accountability, structure, and celebrate success.

Small call volume but great company

I have been working at LiveOps as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

They did everything they promised to do. Management is there when you need them and leaves you alone when you don't. There are multiple opportunities within the company, especially if you have an insurance license.

Cons

The call volume is not as good as advertised. Even in the best of times you only get about fifty percent of your time actually paid for due to low call volume. Callers can be rude so be prepared for that aspect of the job. Insurance "sales" is often taking people's information from sweepstakes calls.

A great place to make an impact and affect change

I have been working at LiveOps full-time

Pros

LiveOps is a growing and evolving company that has been around for 13-years. Sounds weird to describe it as growing and evolving after so much time but it still is. Regimes of management have changed and alternated the direction and focus of the company over time. The new CEO, Vasili Triant, is about uniting both parts of the business - the BPO and the SaaS side - and bringing us together as one LiveOps. One culture. One goal. It's great. There is a lot of opportunity to affect change here and help the company get better and better.

Cons

LiveOps has a great product but has lacked focus and execution over the past few years. There hasn't been a lot of structure around critical functions such as Product Management and Engineering. The teams have been left to forge for themselves as the previous culture bread a lack of accountability and responsibility. All of that is changing for the better but that change takes time. It's not easy to change a company's culture but I believe the current leadership team has the right ideas and paths forward outlined. Now it's time to execute.

good work at home company

Former Employee - LiveOps Contractor in San Diego, CA (US)
    Former Employee - LiveOps Contractor in San Diego, CA (US)

I worked at LiveOps as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Its great to have the flexibility of making your own hours, there are decent income opportunities if you put in enough time, it can be worth it. New Management is making a lot of positive changes

Cons

Can't really control the calls that come your way. So you make money when the phone rings, but you don't if there aren't enough calls coming in. They need to change the metric pay system so that it is more fair.

none