LiveOps

Updated 28 January 2015
Updated 28 January 2015
3.6

Vasili Triant

Pros
  • Work from home -- no commuting or having to shop for clothes for your work attire (in 61 reviews)

• The ability to have a flexible schedule and to work remote are a huge plus when you have a family at home (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Otherwise you will suffer by getting very low call volume and make very little money (in 16 reviews)

• Things are extremely fast paced because of that it can be hard to get that work/life balance that people need to be successful (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Great to be able to help build a winning company

Current Employee - Marketing in London, England
    Current Employee - Marketing in London, England

I have been working at LiveOps full-time (more than a year)

Pros

- Excellent product set that hits the market sweet spot for multichannel cloud contact centres
    - Superb team of people - all pulling together in one direction, and supporting each other. Love being part of what we're building here.
    - Not bounded by my job title - I can see what needs to be done so roll my sleeves up and do it. Great to have that autonomy, and trust.
    - New leadership team (new CEO) adding fresh impetus and momentum, marked by balance of focus on and respect for both customers and employees. Dramatic improvement in employee communication that has re-established a true sense of 'team LiveOps'.

Cons

- Usual challenges/growing pains of a young company in start up mode: how best to apply resource to drive growth at optimum pace? But if you have an opinion on how to work through these challenges, yours will be as valuable an input as everyone else's.

Some of my comments above are typical of those that characterise 'great places to work': trust, team/camaraderie, respect, communication, management credibility, and enjoyment. We have an opportunity to turn LiveOps into a 'great place to work': keep walking the talk, and I'll walk with you.

A lot of promise, and a lot of promises: Neither fulfilled

Former Employee - Sales Director in London, England
    Former Employee - Sales Director in London, England

I worked at LiveOps full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Excitement and the feeling that there is technology being developed that will be shaping the future . The potential for exercising share options. Some excellent customers like Salesforce. Technology that looks and feels intuitive in client demonstrations.

Cons

This might just be a 'start-up thing' - but I found some major challenges. There is an awful lot of vapourware in terms of what is presented to the customer/partner, and what is actually happening/achievable, proven... this pushed me out of my comfort zone as a salesperson at times. Also the culture is entirely US-focussed, highly detached and quite often does NOT reward effort outside of billable seats. I found that this combination saw some fairly schizophrenic 'hire 'em and fire 'em' decisions, and I have since seen a significant slice of influential Management (Sales and Product) removed - but I know some guys there still working serious hours and finding life fairly uncomfortable.

People in your organisation need time, effort and engagement to reach their potential. Too many promises on what might happen will really start to burn people out. When I worked here the CEO would not even share a cab ride with his employees. This speaks volumes.

Innovative company and a great place to work

Current Employee - Managing Director UK in London, England
    Current Employee - Managing Director UK in London, England

I have been working at LiveOps full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Main aim of the CEO is to build a great company.
    Employee and Customer satisfaction are the top priorities for the leadership team
    Flexible work environment and a fun culture

Cons

The company is on a huge change curve and it's difficult to comment on the cons at this point. One of the main things that was a challenge was company communication but this has already been addressed by the deployment of new communication tools such as Lync

Keep going as you are.. We have an awesome product, awesome team and we need to keep the momentum.!

Working at home

I have been working at LiveOps

Pros

Can set your own hours. Can work from the comfort of your own home. Pay is good and can be great if your selling and meeting your goals.

Cons

Sometimes hours are hard to come by.

Awesome Company to work for

Current Employee - Customer Support in Redwood City, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Support in Redwood City, CA (US)

I have been working at LiveOps

Pros

New CEO with new visions for the company and taking it in the right direction. People are very friendly and fun to work with. Culture is fun and easy going. Cool perks like pizza Fridays, snacks always in stock, bagels and pastries every Tuesday and Thursday.. in general a very nice environment to work in.

Cons

nothing too big comes to mind..

They doing a great job

A great way to earn a full income or supplemental

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at LiveOps

Pros

work from home, flexible schedule, payment always on time, direct deposit option are all excellent. If you can read, you can do this job. You just read the script and put in the info from the caller which will populate more to read until the call is done. Easy-peasy! CSR's are usually very friendly, excellent platform setup, many different programs to choose from for variety which leads to less chance to burn out, avenues to connect with other agents

Cons

CEs (compliance events that could lead to termination) are sometimes given unfairly. I had one CE that stated I didn't say something when I actually did. When I asked them to review it again, they told me that wasn't the problem and the auditor wrote it in hidden notes..... The real problem was XYZ which was not even something warranting a CE. When I stated that, they told me it would not be removed. Very unfair. It still bothers me till today and that was almost a year ago. Another con is work is not always available all the time. You need to have many lines to have the best chances and be ready with another work from home independent contractor job for days there simply is nothing on the schedule to pick from.

Consider per minute raises. Many could probably spend more time on LO and less time finding other jobs to supplement their income if there was a per minute raise. Every bit counts. Have an audit checking department to check CE's before posting. Unfair CE's lead to low morale. Other than that, I love LiveOps!

A place for growth, independence, innovation...but not the meek.

Current Employee - Agent Division
    Current Employee - Agent Division

I have been working at LiveOps full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

First and foremost, the caliber of employees and management at LiveOps is impressive. There is a cohesiveness amongst the teams that, despite working in different locations, is extremely strong. I've never seen a better example of teamwork and "no man left behind" attitude. Where most places have employees scrambling for credit or accolades, staffers at LO are giving, generous and professional. Management is seasoned, accessible and level headed. I'm not saying everyone is superhuman, but in the departments I work with, I see very few weak links. Another point worth mentioning is that this company was on fire a few years ago and then went off the rails due to some bad C-level decisions. Now that the previous CEO is gone and a new breed of leadership is in place, the morale, performance and overall tone of the company is incredible. There's a real energy of optimism and success here and I commend our new CEO (Vasili Triant) for taking the bull by the horns and turning around a nasty situation into a great growth opportunity.

Cons

Working remotely or long distance is not for everyone. We have quite a few team members who are in different timezones, working from home and unsupervised. That can be frustrating if that employee is the kind that thrives more in a group environment. Being far apart makes it hard to establish and maintain culture. This isn't a fault, just a challenge. But we could be doing more to enhance culture knowing that we have this caveat to deal with.

Keep the transparency coming and don't falter on your straightforwardness. The company has huge potential but it's all in the execution.

Okay company to work for if you don't need to pay bills and just want extra money

I worked at LiveOps as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

They pay on time and are very helpful when you have questions.

Cons

You have to compete for hours and you are paid per minute of talk time. You could be signed up to work for an hour and only get one call which may not last very long.

Pay per hour would be great.

Under new leadership, LiveOps is finally heading in the right direction

I have been working at LiveOps full-time

Pros

- flexibility to work from home when needed
    - great people to work with
    - new management team really gets it, and is finally pushing the company in the right direction

Cons

- very difficult to take a day off
    - nearly every team in the company is short staffed, so hours are very long right now

Invest more in the servers and overall platform performance.

Current Liveops Insurance Agent

Current Employee - Insurance Agent Licensed Line in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Insurance Agent Licensed Line in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I have been working at LiveOps part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Working from home. Better pay for licensed lines like a nurse, life and health insurance agent, or property and casualty.Flexible hours, just take 30 min time slots when your available. Bonuses offerered at different times for different reasons like taking certain amount of weekend call slots.If someone is serious, there is incredible potential! Very excited about adding more and more call types, and given bonusus of additional out of state insurance licenses. This means more calls and more talk time.

Cons

Non paid training. Not paid hourly, just per min talk time and bonuses for sales. Although calls are incoming, have to offer addition product than what they called in for. Sometimes difficult to get questions answered quickly or correctly by middle management.

Consider less hours of non paid training, or pay for all the training time. Sometimes questions are answered incorrectly by middle management.