LiveOps Reviews

Updated 23 April 2015
250 reviews filtered by
3.7
Vasili Triant

Pros
  • Work from home -- no commuting or having to shop for clothes for your work attire (in 61 reviews)

• The ability to have a flexible schedule and to work remote are a huge plus when you have a family at home (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Otherwise you will suffer by getting very low call volume and make very little money (in 16 reviews)

• Things are extremely fast paced because of that it can be hard to get that work/life balance that people need to be successful (in 6 reviews)

1. Innovative company and a great place to work

Current Employee - Managing Director UK in London, England
    Current Employee - Managing Director UK in London, England

I have been working at LiveOps full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Main aim of the CEO is to build a great company.
    Employee and Customer satisfaction are the top priorities for the leadership team
    Flexible work environment and a fun culture

Cons

The company is on a huge change curve and it's difficult to comment on the cons at this point. One of the main things that was a challenge was company communication but this has already been addressed by the deployment of new communication tools such as Lync

Advice to Management

Keep going as you are.. We have an awesome product, awesome team and we need to keep the momentum.!

A lot of promise, and a lot of promises: Neither fulfilled

Former Employee - Sales Director in London, England
    Former Employee - Sales Director in London, England

I worked at LiveOps full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excitement and the feeling that there is technology being developed that will be shaping the future . The potential for exercising share options. Some excellent customers like Salesforce. Technology that looks and feels intuitive in client demonstrations.

Cons

This might just be a 'start-up thing' - but I found some major challenges. There is an awful lot of vapourware in terms of what is presented to the customer/partner, and what is actually happening/achievable, proven... this pushed me out of my comfort zone as a salesperson at times. Also the culture is entirely US-focussed, highly detached and quite often does NOT reward effort outside of billable seats. I found that this combination saw some fairly schizophrenic 'hire 'em and fire 'em' decisions, and I have since seen a significant slice of influential Management (Sales and Product) removed - but I know some guys there still working serious hours and finding life fairly uncomfortable.

Advice to Management

People in your organisation need time, effort and engagement to reach their potential. Too many promises on what might happen will really start to burn people out. When I worked here the CEO would not even share a cab ride with his employees. This speaks volumes.

Great to be able to help build a winning company

Current Employee - Marketing in London, England
    Current Employee - Marketing in London, England

I have been working at LiveOps full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Excellent product set that hits the market sweet spot for multichannel cloud contact centres
    - Superb team of people - all pulling together in one direction, and supporting each other. Love being part of what we're building here.
    - Not bounded by my job title - I can see what needs to be done so roll my sleeves up and do it. Great to have that autonomy, and trust.
    - New leadership team (new CEO) adding fresh impetus and momentum, marked by balance of focus on and respect for both customers and employees. Dramatic improvement in employee communication that has re-established a true sense of 'team LiveOps'.

Cons

- Usual challenges/growing pains of a young company in start up mode: how best to apply resource to drive growth at optimum pace? But if you have an opinion on how to work through these challenges, yours will be as valuable an input as everyone else's.

Advice to Management

Some of my comments above are typical of those that characterise 'great places to work': trust, team/camaraderie, respect, communication, management credibility, and enjoyment. We have an opportunity to turn LiveOps into a 'great place to work': keep walking the talk, and I'll walk with you.

5. Nice place to work

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at LiveOps as a contractor

Pros

I love the fact that I am able to work from home. There is no stress. Going to work is real simple, no pressure.

Cons

You have to fight for a schedule. If you do not get enough time to work, making money can be impossible.

Advice to Management

We need a new way to be able to get a decent schedule so that everyone can have an opportunity to get decent hours.

6. Customer Service Representative

I have been working at LiveOps

Pros

work from home and less commute.

Cons

pay rate starts at nine dollars and stays that way to earn more you must sell more.

7. Medicare rep

Current Employee - Medicare Representative in Miami, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Medicare Representative in Miami, FL (US)

I have been working at LiveOps (More than 10 years)

Pros

Liveops is a good company you just have to be dedicated.

Cons

Nothing Liveops is great...

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!!

8. Customer Service Representative

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Mesa, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Mesa, AZ (US)

I have been working at LiveOps full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very good training. Great product to sell.

Cons

None really. It was a great comany

Advice to Management

Great Management.....no complaints

9. Work at home opportunity when you need it

Former Contractor - Customer Service Representative in Redwood City, CA (US)
    Former Contractor - Customer Service Representative in Redwood City, CA (US)

I worked at LiveOps as a contractor

Pros

always pays on time, no management over you, be your own boss, good pay, easy work, follow scripts

Cons

Strict metrics, must read affinity scripts accurately or will get CE, no help if you need it, must be internet and computer savvy

Advice to Management

Respect the CSRs more and reward top selling agents, stop sanctioning us by taking away our lines if we have low metrics for 1 week....cherish your top salers.

10. Interesting business model with good corporate citizenship.

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Santa Clara, CA (US)
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Santa Clara, CA (US)

I worked at LiveOps as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible scheduling, well paid for internship, allowed to work remotely. High growth company that is able to benefit many people throughout the US. Catered lunches or breakfasts once a week.

Cons

High rate of attrition, interaction between departments sometimes lacking. Executive leadership at the time was not good.

Advice to Management

Middle management in terms of talent was solid but constantly changing. Focus should have been on retaining those that could contribute fresh ideas and leadership.

11. Work from home

I have been working at LiveOps full-time

Pros

set your own schedule, no commute, no office attire, good part-time job.

Cons

compete for hours, pay structure is very low, no pay while sitting there without phone calls, should not consider this for full time employment you cannot make a living.