LocumTenens.com

Updated 16 January 2015
Updated 16 January 2015
4.0

Shane Jackson

Get your feet wet here then move one quickly.

Current Employee - Account Executive in Alpharetta, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Alpharetta, GA (US)

I have been working at LocumTenens.com full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

LT.com has a lot of flashy gear. Starbucks in the lobby, gym, personal trainers, in house cafeteria, koi pond, putt putt course. Those are the pro's everything else is a con.

Cons

Let's start with your first position. Being I'm on the sales side I started as an Account Rep where you intern essentially under 1/2 other Account Executives on your team. You sit on a different floor and in general you are treated like an inconvenience. Because you are to your AE's, once they promote you you normally will take part of someones territory. Therefore the AE's aren't terribly motivated to help you grow because you'll take money out of their pockets.

You have no work life balance at all. You spend an hour getting to work through traffic your work day is 8-6 or 8:30-6:30 and they are very big brother about this. People on a salary job now have to clock in when the get there and leave. I thought that was the entire point of being on salary no clocking in? But since the salary is extremely low they have to record coming and goings for tax purposes I believe. Especially since they never pay overtime if they don't have to. It doesn't really promote going the extra mile.

Everything is monitored. EVERYTHING. All calls and emails and instant messages and they will even stalk to figure out how long your lunch break is. Your manager will randomly sift through your calls all day and then email you to tell you what you did wrong. This can be beneficial but when it comes from a manager who has never succeeded in that position it comes off a bit redundant.

Yes we've been voted #1 place to work - because they offered us a leave early pass if we completed it. Managers will continue to send out email asking if you've done your survey. They even made a calendar invite for it. Voted #1 place to work but it's definitely not true. That and the retention rate is so much lower than we report. I think they say it's 89%? They don't count people in their first 90 days and it can't be true. We have had 7/8 tenured people quit on my team since I've been there. People here for 3/4/5/6 years and they all fled the building.

There is the normal corporate training but everything else is pretty sink or swim or your AE's are required to teach you and they aren't super motivated to help you out obviously since you'll take part of their territory. On top of that once you are promoted your put into a 90 day 'limbo' type state where you have a territory but they want to see what you do with it. For the first 6 months the territory is yours you don't make any money of accounts held by the previous AE even if they leave and you are carrying the burden of the work.

Once as an AE you'll begin to make a commission of your GP only. Not revenue - GP - and the will non bill you for everything. You get non bills for getting licenses for your docs. Even if they weren't requested by you but the marketer before you. You get non billed for any expenses occured that can't be billed to the client. And you take this hit on your commission. These sometimes average higher than 6K. It's a little excessive - on top of the fact that you also have to keep a close eye on your accounts because the accounting department conveniently forgets a few on your statement. Even if they remember to assign the non bills for that account to you.

I have a $1 Mil territory. I will not even come close to hitting 6 figures this year. And I'm talking $1 mil in my GP revenue is easily $2.5/3 mil and my commission scale is 3/3.5/4% max per month. It's all tiered and the highest tier is 4% pretty low for only getting paid on GP monthly.

The teams are very catty and very passive aggressive. You cannot voice your opinion without them retaliating and it is quite possibly one of the biggest gossip mills I've ever seen. There's an especially tenured woman on one of the teams and she is extremely snippy and very quick to undermine people in front of management. She's also known to complain to clients about her boyfriend dumping her... 1 year later....It's like working in a mean girls environment and it's on steroids.

They also let people who are obviously not cohesive stay on the team if they're making money. They could cause drama with every person, email clients while drinking, and generally be a massive distraction to everyone. But if that person is making money they won't let them go. Even if the entire team dislikes that person.

There also is really no clear career path after you make Account Executive and your managers never bring it up or try and assist you in developing a path. "There's a section on the homepage for that."

Great but what happens when I'm ready to move out of production. You don't unless you're one of the 'chosen ones.'

Also when referring people to the company you'll refer your best friends and people who are constantly in your life. The internal recruiter will then call them and do a phone interview and then NEVER call or email them back. You're stuck playing in the middle because the recruiter is constantly telling you "oh I'm going to call them" and then she never does and you're having to tell your friend maybe she'll call tomorrow. She won't and it's extremely rude to the associates who refer people and the people sending in their resumes. Extremely unprofessional. I never refer anyone anymore even though they offer an iPad and $1000 if someone gets hired. It's not worth having to explain to them that she will never call them back no matter how often she says she will.

Get some better management. Every VP and manager I am running into was essentially promoted because they have failed at production. There are a couple that are super great at what they do but they aren't directly managing the teams. Lack of management that is unbiased and able to give real advise is a large hindrance. Also not allowing management to hire "Family Friends" and then promote them within their first 3 months there for no reason other than they are a family friend would be a great start. Listen to your Account Executives that aren't 10 years tenured and don't speak up a lot. They probably have a lot to impart but the atmosphere is not very conducive to speaking their mind.

Also if you could work on better company standards. Making a "Christian Company" work on Christmas Eve and the day after Christmas really does not lend itself to helping Christians celebrate the season. Especially when it falls on a random Wednesday. Forcing your associates to use their PTO to take time off during this year is not a great way to impress your employees or push the agenda of being a very family oriented company.

Best Place To Work!

I worked at LocumTenens.com full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The company culture is amazing, including the leadership team, positive atmosphere and team oriented spirit. We work hard, but thoroughly enjoy what we do because of the people and teams. When you work for a company like LocumTenens.com, you can grow professionally and be part of an organization that stands behind its employee

Cons

As with any organization, there is some turnover. Continue to analyze reasons why employees may not work out and come up with solutions to hopefully make an impact and decrease turnover for the future.

I admire the management team and the effort and time they put into moving the company forward. Next year, we will be #1 Best Place to Work!

A great place to work and establish a career!

I have been working at LocumTenens.com full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

LocumTenens.com values their employees, and it shows. Aside from the state of the art amenities, the opportunity to succeed and grow within this organization is limitless and can be attained by using the countless resources available and working hard. As employees, we are encouraged, supported and informed. Expectations can be high but we are offered exceptional training and consistent feedback.

Cons

Challenges could include learning a medical specialty that you are unfamiliar with or the in's and out's of the healthcare industry but the training is absolutely in place to teach and reinforce. The managers here at LocumTenens.com believe strongly in ongoing coaching and positive reinforcement and provide an environment where learning and adapting through innovative ideas is at the forefront of each and every day.

The core values in place are second to none and it is evident that management across the company lives by them. Keep that mentality in place and the sky will remain the limit for growth potential and associate satisfaction.

Best Company I've Worked For

Current Employee - Manager in Alpharetta, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Manager in Alpharetta, GA (US)

I have been working at LocumTenens.com full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They truly invest in their employees. Career growth is not something that is discussed in an annual review, on the contrary you speak about it with your manager about your development on an ongoing basis. I also like that there are clear skills you have to learn before you can get promoted and you are given a road map on how to get there. You're given the tools to do your job and you are encouraged to take risks to improve the business. Leadership is strong overall and they take employee input into consideration when making decisions.

Cons

Expectations are high, you have to put in hard work to deliver and you are held accountable. If you are in production expect to work over 40 hours when you become an Account Executive.

Don't change a thing, you've created a great environment and given people the tools and training to be successful.

Great company with excellent support and teamwork!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA (US)

I have been working at LocumTenens.com full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great team atmosphere, countless opportunities to get to work with the best and brightest, great amenities and benefits, the list could go on! Senior management makes it a priority to ensure that associates are happy and have what they need to get the job done. What's better, no one is afraid to publicly acknowledge a job well done, and it happens all the time! Honestly, LocumTenens.com is a great company anyone would be proud to work for!

Cons

No cons, just a great place to work!

Keep hiring great people who will positively contribute to our already great teams!

not too bad

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at LocumTenens.com full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They don't micro manage you. If your hitting your numbers and doing well they leave you be, you work a lot of hours on the recruiting side verses marketing side. Yet the marketers make more and don't do nearly as much work.

Cons

They promise you will make more money than you do and a kindergardener can do my job... seriously sometimes I think they should give me crayons and markers instead of pens...

Pay the recruiters overtime if they need to be there until way passed 5:30

Excellent opportunity for growth, company with strong values

Current Employee - Corporate Recruiter in Alpharetta, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Corporate Recruiter in Alpharetta, GA (US)

I have been working at LocumTenens.com full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

LocumTenens.com has a high retention rate, which is typically unheard of in the staffing industry. Training is offered both initially and ongoing. The company has been featured on Best Places to Work lists since before I started working here, which is close to 7 years. There are regular team outings and team building events, as well as opportunities to serve the community. The amenities are unbelievable- there is a huge gym, mini putting green and full service dining facility. I plan on working with LocumTenens.com a very long time.

Cons

The company has aggressive goals, but if you put in the hard work it will pay off!

Keep up the great work!

Great advancement opportunity, and incredible corporate culture!

I have been working at LocumTenens.com full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

This company has been one of Atlanta's Best Places to Work for many years in a row, and it's a testament to how the employees feel about the company. It's a positive, team oriented environment with award winning training and opportunities for advancement for those that are motivated, energetic and hard working. The overall corporate culture is unmatched and boasts a beautiful work environment that you must see to believe.

Cons

There are no cons. The company is doing very well and there is very low turnover.

Keep doing what you're doing! There are many reasons that LocumTenens.com's management team was recognized by the Atlanta Journal Constitution as the #1 management team in Atlanta, which was voted on by it's employees . Associate satisfaction ratings are always very high and that comes from great leadership.

Churn and Burn

I have been working at LocumTenens.com

Pros

Nice facility. For the most part all the people are very nice

Cons

You are a commodity. Basically they hire college grads, grind them down on the phone, fire most of them within a year and then hire a fresh batch. Nepotism at it highest level.

Give people a chance to succeed and have an actual career...everyone walks around, every day, in fear of losing their job.

LocumTenens.com Photos