Lodgian

Lodgian Reviews

Lodgian CEO and President Dana M. Ciraldo

Dana M. Ciraldo

Own Your Own Business

Front Desk Associate (Former Employee)
Hillside, IL (US)

I worked at Lodgian

ProsThere are good people and great discounts Worldwide.

ConsThe company is not as progressive as they claim to be....the benefits are ok but in this day in age they only offer domestic partner benefits for same sex couples...Alot of companies out there already offer opposite sex benefits..2 weeks vacation considering the amount of work you do throughout the year is not enough....Lots of micro managing and a lot of thesenior management doesn't know how to speak to the sales associates and can be very condescending...not a respectful environment at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementRESPECT...lead by example and be consistent and fair to everyone...do more team building activities in the stores and help the employees grow..There are many people that have so much potential and feel stagnant cause senior management holds them back and don't help them develop...
RESPECT again !!! there is a lack of in a big way, it fosters low morale and harbors a lot of ill feelings in the store environment...more communication between management and sales associates.

Great college job

Guest Service Agent (Current Employee)
Lawrence, KS (US)

I have been working at Lodgian

ProsI work part-time at the front desk of a Holiday inn, while attending college. Overall, the atmosphere is great - everyone, from the bottom to the top, is very team oriented.

There are definitely busy times and slow times, though. Weekends from around March through November are usually crazy - lots of weddings and business conferences in our convention center. But even during peak times, the weekdays and weeknights are still pretty low-key. That's awesome for a college student like myself. I finished a lot of homework on the clock! I know that sounds bad, but hey, someone has to man the front desk, even when the hotel is completely dead.

ConsWe are independently owned and you can definitely tell by how skimpy the housekeepers are paid, how chintzy the benefits are for full-timers, etc. Also, management has changed so many times around here it's ridiculous. I think we've finally got some good people in place though.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake better care of your employees and they will likely return the favor and stick around for awhile.

Pretty good place to work!

Front Desk Agent (Former Employee)
Portland, OR (US)

I worked at Lodgian

ProsCheap hotel stays around the world! Excellent people to work with, I loved my boss! She was awesome! Meet lots of different and interesting people! Ability to eat anything in the breakfast bar! :P

ConsNot so nice pay, could use benefits for all employees. Sometimes/a lot of the times guest expect more than we have ever given them. Some expected free room upgrades when they were staying for 2 weeks! And they pretty much demanded it! Unfortunately due to weak management who gave in all the time, guests figured out they could walk all over us and say, "well you did it last time!"

Advice to Senior ManagementCompensate the employees better!

Low pay, no training, but hey, it's a paycheck.

Front Desk Associate (Current Employee)
Traverse City, MI (US)

I have been working at Lodgian

ProsYou get a paycheck, a small, small, paycheck. There is little to no training, the manager takes training tests for you and lets you know that you got a 100 percent on the computer training. They ask if you want a tour of the hotel so you can explain the rooms and lay out to guests, but then refuse to show you. There is a lot of back stabbing and gossip allowed to go on between assosiates and managers. Overall, a very immature, weakly, run hotel which shows a lot of complacency. They are riding on the Holiday Inn Brand.

ConsAs with many other entry level positions, a lot of work for a little pay. Very multitasking intensive, combined with kissing up to rude patrons. Little to no training.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain your people.

Worked for Lodgian? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lodgian reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Lodgian CEO Dana M. Ciraldo. All 14 reviews are posted anonymously by Lodgian employees.