Lodgian
www.lodgian.com Atlanta, GA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Lodgian Reviews

Lodgian CEO and President Dana M. Ciraldo

Dana M. Ciraldo

Hit and Miss with income/hours worked

Restaurant/Room Service Server (Former Employee)
Linthicum, MD (US)

I worked at Lodgian part-time for less than a year

ProsWorking for Lodgian/Holiday Inn I met a lot of hard working, nice people. It was my first job I was able to land after moving to the Baltimore area. The managers were not micro managers, and sort of let you do your own thing which is good

ConsThe management team was always being replaced by new managers. The hours were poor at times. The pay was low. I felt that the hotel was being ran on a small budget. We begged for a nice room service cart, and after months of begging we finally got one, and it was CHEAP! The new management that was brought in was not nice to current employees. It seemed like they wanted to bring in their own people at the time.

Advice to Senior ManagementCheck in at your hotels more often. Ask the actual employees what needs to be changed. It seemed at the time like you prefer to shun the regular employees, and only talk with hotel management. You don't get any real feedback this way.

Mediocre experience, more frustrating then good.

ProsFlexible hours.
Non-management co-workers are great to be with.
Good for part-time.

Cons-So-so pay.
-Lack of training.
-Incompetent management.
-Housekeepers cannot communicate well enough, causing everyone problems (especially the guests).
-Uniforms are hot, itchy, and unprofessional. It doesn't matter what size you are, you will look like a clown.
-Constant berating and non-constructive criticism from managers, especially HR. You will hardly receive positive feedback, despite your effort and personality.
-Having to clock in and out; HR highly persnickety. You are always watched.
-30 minuted lunch...

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the terrible, polyester uniforms. Let Front Desk wear own profession clothing.
More hands-on training instead of from a computer.

Satisfactory

Night Auditor (Former Employee)
Frisco, CO (US)

I worked at Lodgian

ProsThey provide food and accommodation for foreign employees, the properties are located in exotic locations like the Rocky mountains, which act as mood enhancer for employees. They bring on board employees from many different countries, and thus facilitate cross-cultural bonding.

ConsBad management feedback, no training, no growth opportunity. Management give no training and reprimand the employees. There are no perks to boost motivation and employee performance.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease conduct management training programs and train your employees before reprimanding them. Have a counseling session with your team before giving them notice. Find out who enjoys what the best and do proper competency mapping.

Ehhhhh ... No Growth

Ehhhhh No Growth (Current Employee)

I have been working at Lodgian

ProsIt's a paycheck, there's not much to do at a hotel, management is tough to keep up with

ConsEhhhhh ... No Growth, if the promotions were there, it would be nice. there is no recognition

Great Company!

Assistant General Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Lodgian

ProsMarriott is an awesome company to work for. They treat their employees with respect and fairness. Well established management training programs allow for career advancement for those individuals interested in excelling within the organization.

ConsAs with any company in the hospitality industry the hours are long and working holidays and weekends as well as night shift vs day shift changes make it difficult for family time.

Advice to Senior ManagementOne of the things that took place every year when I worked at the Courtyard was executive management would go out into the field and work in one of the hotels for 1 week covering several of the positions within the hotel i.e. housekeeper, dishwasher, front desk clerk etc. It was awesome for employee moral and kept the executives in touch with life on the front lines.

good job for the short run, but don't plan to build a career

Food & Beverage Manager (Current Employee)
Saint Cloud, MN (US)

I have been working at Lodgian

Prosgood opportunity for growth and flexibility with hours through college.
able to make adequate wages through hours and tips earned

Conslittle reward for tenure in terms of compensation and advancement.
don't expect to be rewarded for the time you put in or the education you've gotten besides another week of vacation.

Advice to Senior Managementit takes more than another week of vacation to retain an employee that has invested themselves in your company.
try offering competitve wages to your supervisors/middle management.

Decent place to work, pay not so great.

I worked at Lodgian

ProsLodgian is a decent place to work - great people, job was so-so, but the pay wasn't anywhere near what the employees would like.

ConsThe company needs to realize that minimum wage is not a livable salary and not be so stingy with the pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay raises!

Holiday Inn Express

I worked at Lodgian

ProsWell managed. Flexible and fair scheduling. Competitive compensation for the type of work. Nice perks including HIE discounts at other locations.

ConsThe position required late night shifts that were shared by all employees. Position offered little challenge or chance to advance beyond the desk.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement was fair and well respected. Only suggested improvement would be a displayed opportunity for challenges and eventual advancement. Would work for this company again.

It was what it was.

Evening Auditor (Former Employee)
Middletown, NY (US)

I worked at Lodgian

ProsJob not particularly complex. Good if you like interacting with and servicing guests. Working night shifts can be very quiet at times (a plus if you like that).

ConsDealing with people up all night "wilding" and disturbing other guests (if you were expecting quietness on the evening shift). Low pay of course.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think some of the guest management issues have been worked out for the better. The place I worked had an antiquated tracking and management system.

A fine enough job for what it is.

Front Desk Associate (Former Employee)
Gainesville, FL (US)

I worked at Lodgian

ProsIt is a fairly easy job and is only sometimes stressful. The hours weren't entirely flexible, but concessions were made when they needed to be. My coworkers were also nice.

ConsThe job was sometimes boring and I didn't see much room for advancement. Also, I felt disconnected from a lot of the other departments as we didn't interact all that often. There was no importance placed on getting to know anyone other than those you worked directly with.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure that people who are in every position feel appreciated and valued. Also, make sure that the work place feels open and that different employees can communicate with each other.

Worked for Lodgian? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lodgian reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Lodgian CEO Dana M. Ciraldo. All 14 reviews are posted anonymously by Lodgian employees.