Logitech

www.logitech.com

Logitech Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Bracken Darrell

Pros
  • Great health benefits and lots of flexibility for a good work/life balance(in 20 reviews)

• Great products with more on the way(in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance can be better(in 7 reviews)

• Poor senior management, more interested in personal importance than really growing the company(in 11 reviews)

Great company. Great people. Great products.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Newark, CA (US)

ProsIt's incredible to be surrounded with people who are passionate and care about what they do - designing and delivering amazing products. The recent open environment work spaces are just one example of how the company is transforming how we collaborate and how we work - it's so refreshing. You can feel the transformation underway. Can't wait to see what's next.

ConsI'm a happy camper. N/A.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue inspiring and leading us to be the best at what we do.

Fun workplace, great people, and nice benefits.

Sales (Current Employee) Newark, CA (US)

ProsAwesome managers. Supportive team. Love coming to work. Managers let us own projects. Great employment growth potential!!!!! Cool products, especially the UE Boom! I also love the new building compared to the old one...I like that we moved all moved from two buildings to one building recently too.

There's a company huddle every week where the CEO speaks at too with free raffles!

ConsOpen space area can get noisy and distracting, but at least I can talk to others easier. More collaboration. It's good and bad.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone so far. Great job, Bracken.

Fun workplace, good benefits, but lacks

Project Manager (Current Employee) Newark, CA (US)

ProsI LOVE COMING TO WORK EVERYDAY!!!!!! Supportive team. I can walk to any department within 5 minutes whenever I need a quick response. Great work benefits too! I love our CEO!! He's good looking too.. =]

ConsWe need to have more company events!! Logitech also needs to hire more recent college graduates to the workplace too.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompany huddles are fun! Please add more fun events!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good company, sub par management alignment. Too many Directors/VP's.....

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsOn site cafeteria, location and Halloween for certain! By far the best Halloween at any company I've been with. Really cool products that I still use today.

ConsIn a big company like Logitech, it is difficult to effect meaningful change without having to go through so many roadblocks. Salaries are low. Middle managers do not promote their employees, most are also not open to suggestions. This company would benefit from 360 review process.

Great Workplace

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat place to work with complete freedom. You can explore new things and no hierarchy

ConsNo one to really control you. So you should be self disciplined to work on your own.

Great place to work at---especially for an intern!

Intern (Current Employee) Newark, CA (US)

ProsI look forward to coming to my internship everyday, which sounds kind of weird! That says a lot, especially since it's a far commute. Compared to my previous internship at another tech company, Logitech treats me a lot better. My opinions and ideas actually get heard without much bureaucracy. The open office space, which I thought I would hate, is actually not too bad.

The internship program is pretty sweet too. Each week, the program hosts Lunch and Learns where they invite senior executives to come speak and share awesome prototypes. On top of that, they are planning about 3-4 off-site activities, which includes pay! We are going to the SF Giants game next week and I'm super stoked! We also get showered with Logitech swag and other fun exciting giveaways.

My manager also takes time to check on me without micromanaging. Trust me, I have had my share of that at previous internships and I was so happy this department doesn't do that. Logitech is not a cut-throat company, nor is it "very corporate" either. I love this start-up and small company atmosphere!

Logitech also hosts a series of fun events! Yesterday, they invited Baskin Robbins to come over and deliver ice cream.

ConsI wish there was free food, but the cafeteria isn't that bad either! Logitech should also host workshops for management training and technical skills too. This would be a huge hit and I would definitely join, especially as an inter.

Advice to Senior ManagementI have only been here for a little bit, but I can already feel a great positive improvement in company culture! Please continue the great transparency, especially among the high executives. It's always nice seeing them at the cafeteria, or walking down the halls so casually.

Logitech, one of the greatest companies to work for.

Senior Manager (Former Employee) Lausanne (Switzerland)

ProsThe people are simply professional (most). The company is very consumer focused and is listening to the consumers. It is clearly a high-tech and high-quality environment where people are important contributors.

ConsAs a European, I've seen the company power moving more and more to the US from where most decisions are taken. This is not a good tendency and a very short-term thinking. You cannot run a global structure successfully out of the US. People think different in different parts of the world.

Too many products in the past lead to bad focus. Looks like it has become better over the last 2 years.

Advice to Senior ManagementHandle US out of US, Europe out of Europe and Asia out of Asia instead of centralizing more and more in US. One day that will hit you back like a boomerang.
    Keep good people and get rid of the weak ones and not the other way round like done in several times in the past.

Company is in hands of wrong person.

Product Marketing Manager (Former Employee) Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

ProsOnce upon a time it was great company but now cannot be trusted

ConsCompany management seems to be confused n HR cannot be trusted. Do not speak up.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo get a degree in management n get some experience. U guys don't know how to manage a good brand

The worst company I have ever worked for

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Newark, CA (US)

ProsInteresting products. Most of my immediate team members were fantastic- but almost all are looking for new jobs.

ConsThis is the worst company I have ever worked for- and I came here from a company voted Worst Company in America two years in a row. Wholly incompetent leadership at the C-level that trickles down. I've heard it said that A-level people hire A-level people- but B and C level people hire C and D level people in order to feel superior to someone, and the latter is definitely the work culture here. A lot of rhetoric about "acting like a start-up"- an impossibility for a 30+ year old company, especially one that does not offer the benefits or perks of working for a start-up- at an offsite, we were told that we were all expected to work long hours and wear multiple hats (with no equity or other start-up benefits). Upper management in fact does not know what acting like a start up means: in a recent blog post from the CEO, he mentioned that from a recent momentum survey it seemed like a lot of people were confused about what that meant- and that at the leadership level THEY knew what it meant- but what did WE think it meant? This pretty transparently signaled that they didn't know- and were in fact crowdsourcing from their own employees for cues. We were recently moved to an awful open-office configuration, which the C-level seemed to spend more time on than fixing actual company problems. We were also fed the line that it was to make more collaboration possible- my team in fact got moved further away from each other in the new arrangement, whereas we'd been able to turn around and talk to each other when we were in cubes, we now could no longer even see each other. The open-office arrangement was actually a cost-cutting solution to get all employees into one building but fed to us as some sort of start-up culture garbage.

I have also never worked anywhere where politics were as fully and awfully transparent. Many individuals are clearly only interested in their own advancement and perceived "power". I had to work with people who clearly did not have the skill-set or basic competence for their positions and ended up doing extra work to clean up after them- they had only been hired or promoted due to being some executive's pet as their only work skills appeared to be making an executive feel important. In addition, management frequently makes questionable and illogical decisions. Those who question these decisions with logic, metrics, or even common sense are moved to other business units, demoted, or laid off.

The work hours are awful due to working with all regions across the world and being expected to conform to their schedules. It is not uncommon in one day to have a 6am meeting with Europe that you need to be in the office for, and an 8pm meeting with Asia, and to be called multiple times on the weekend in the middle of the night by Asia.

Employees are very obviously extremely demotivated, depressed, and looking for new jobs. As I had always loved Logitech products before going to work there, it saddened me greatly to see the reality of how awful things actually were in the company. I only worked there a year and saw many great coworkers depart, and also 6 layoffs, many of which were conducted secretly and subversively, and not communicated out (in one meeting I mentioned a process may be slower due to someone being laid off two weeks ago, only to have almost everyone in the room express surprise- "No wonder he hasn't been replying to my emails!")

Additionally, towards the end of my time there, I was told that I had been expected to have been doing a whole other completely different job that I did not even have an applicable skill-set or experience in, in addition to the job I was already doing despite the fact that it had never been communicated to me (and it was acknowledged that this was never communicated to me- apparently psychic powers are also something employees at Logitech are supposed to have). Thankfully this was around the time I already knew I had an offer from a better company coming- but if there ever was a nail in the coffin, that was it. I would never recommend anyone go work here. In fact, when I was leaving, a friend went to go interview here despite my advice to her not to (she was hoping a different business group would not have the same issues I was experiencing) and immediately afterward she told me I had been right, and that the dysfunction and toxicity of the work environment had been readily apparent from one on-site interview alone.

I whole-heartedly do not recommend anyone go work here and hope that members of my team will all be successful in their current job-searches.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs a complete rehaul as the current C-level is not equipped in any way to effectively handle a turnaround. Stop wasting time on lying to your employees about start-up culture and open-office spaces- spend time on fixing the contentious relationship between regions, stop making the business units compete against each other, and fix the horrible problems in procurement. Stop promoting brown-nosing people who have not demonstrated applicable job skills. In fact- the board should just outright replace the entire C-level.

Good to work to work

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Chennai (India)

ProsUnlike in 2013 Now the company is stable.Salary is good

Consmonotonous after 6 month and less scope post and designation as there are many contender for the same post, they have more manager and team leader than developer.

Advice to Senior ManagementNA

Worked for Logitech? Contribute to the Community!