Logitech Reviews

Updated 18 October 2014
3.6

Logitech President and Chief Executive Officer Bracken Darrell
Bracken Darrell

Pros
  • I like the level of work I'm assigned, and I appreciate a very good work-life balance (in 23 reviews)

• Logitech has a very strong history of innovation and great products (in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance can be better (in 7 reviews)

• Poor senior management, more interested in personal importance than really growing the company (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

Innovative Company on the rebound

I have been working at Logitech full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Logitech is a dynamic company driven by innovation and high quality. The company has a very creative vibe and treated its employees quite well. When I worked there (about 6 yrs ago) the company culture was a interesting mix of European and American values. All was good until market pressures forced them into a massive and prolonged RIF. Looks like Logitech is regaining its footing again

Cons

The company entered business segments that strayed from its core competencies. The business units were somewhat disparate, so that technologies and products were not easily cross-pollinated. The company was slow to adapt to new market trends (transitions from PC to notebook/mobile/tablets/ etc.

Invest in your employees. Integrate technologies across business units. Dampen the NIH attitudes that may be perceived as arrogant by customers and partners.

Working culture at Logitech

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Logitech full-time

Pros

Love the open desk culture and the fast paced environment.. Within no time you get to know the organization. The bar is set high and the easiest route to meeting goals is not acceptable. The effort put into enablement and knowledge share has been wonderful. Perfect for anyone willing to go an extra mile. Exceptional performance is appreciated and rewarded.

Cons

Few people have resistance to change but it does not affect the management commitment and execution.

None. Extremely committed management.

The best place for finance department ever worked with and all nice people

Current Employee - Sec Reporting Manager in Newark, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Sec Reporting Manager in Newark, CA (US)

I have been working at Logitech full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The work area is open space and no one is sitting in an office room including CFO and CEO. The tone at the top is very good and CEO and CFO are very open to suggestions to improve the business and process. There are no complex protocol to get good ideas executed. I can walk to CFO and present my idea and gets approved immediately as long as the idea gets adopted.
    My contribution to the Company is well recognized by the supervisor and CFO via a good compensation package.

Cons

Cross function department communication and support needs a little reinforced to get the whole process more efficient.

They're trying...

I worked at Logitech full-time (more than an year)

Pros

People are friendly and earnest...company is eager to be "more" (although unclear what "more" looks like or how they'll get there)

Cons

Despite the "move fast" and "speak up" "winning behaviors," Logitech has a while to get there -- and hoping they do. This is not a fast-moving environment as far as results and productivity, although it is in terms of changes that tend to be unexplained and under thought.

Don't hire people with the energy/drive you need and then try to change them to complacent employees... don't oversell. Be realistic about how you operate.

Getting much more interesting

I have been working at Logitech full-time

Pros

A lot of good changes over the last year. CEO and Execs really serious about building fewer but much bigger products and overall the teams are operating at a faster pace. Very international culture.

Cons

Still too consensus-driven. Rebranded HR into People & Culture, but unclear what this changed beside the naming. Mixed bag of top talent and under performers, making key to find the right team.

Great place to do great things

Current Employee - Senior Brand Manager in Newark, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Brand Manager in Newark, CA (US)

I have been working at Logitech full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Under the new regime of Bracken, Logitech has made an incredible turn-around. The vibe is getting increasingly more positive and the culture is dramatically improving. I love the fact that we use video conferencing and can instantly connect face-to-face with any of our colleagues from around the world. This makes work a lot more productive without the hassles of traveling/being away from the family.

Cons

There are some legacy employees that are perpetually negative. The AMR region seems to try everything it can to work "against" the Business Groups vs with them. Not sure why this is...seems as if it's just "always been this way" and there are lots of legacy people who continue to feed this mentality. The workspace is all open office concept, but not in a "cool" way - it's ugly and cluttered.

Great work turning the culture around, keep it up! Would be nice to have a better work environment setup - the current open workspace environment is ugly, uncolorful and cluttered. Help to foster an environment where the AMR team isn't encouraged/incentivized to work against BGs.

love working here, been here for awhile and still happy!! fun workplace.

I have been working at Logitech

Pros

products: i love the UE boom! we need to hit the smartphone market hard with better marketing strategies. we are known for our quality products, so let's keep that momentum.
    work environment: open space is efficient. reduces unnecessary meeting times and quick feedback.
    culture is good: great employee discount. fun events like halloween and company bbq. CEO walks around the office a lot, which is good. I know Logitech will go far with Bracken. also, very casual attire.

Cons

no training program, talent management, and volunteer program. products needs more innovation and marketing. a lot of people don't know about UE boom or harmony still.

keep doing what you're doing. great job with our turnaround. i look forward to continue working with Logitech!!

Way underrated

Current Employee - Finance in Newark, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Finance in Newark, CA (US)

I have been working at Logitech full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I was pleasantly surprised that this company has it together in terms of organization design, career opportunity, challenging employees, and compensation. I have done start-ups and other multinational corporations, but Logitech stands out as a emerging hybrid among the two. Management and senior management completely gets it and provides a holistic platform that enables opportunity for anyone in the company who wants to work hard.

Cons

Located in a suburbs of Silicon Valley. A little heavy on the use of contractors. A little too reactive to stock analyst ratings. Would do better to maintain confidence in investors. Logitech needs to keep their eye on the ball for long-term strategy.

We know you know, so do it with confidence.

software developer intern

I worked at Logitech as an intern

Pros

freedom , innovation and good place to learn

Cons

freedom , innovation and good place to learn

need to spend more money on research

On the move, great potential.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, CA (US)

I have been working at Logitech full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Logitech has a very strong history of innovation and great products. The multinational culture provides an opportunity for truly global work experience. The new CEO is a breath of fresh air and the environment reflects hid 'winning behaviors'. This is a great place to work if you want to make a difference and create amazing experiences for your customers.

Cons

At times the successes of the past create a sense of entitlement in the long-term employees. There is not enough time spent on learning from mistakes and using the learnings to inform future actions.

While it important to have continuity in the management and leadership team it is just as important to hold leaders accountable for their performance.