Logitech

Updated 26 November 2014
3.6

Logitech President and Chief Executive Officer Bracken Darrell
Bracken Darrell

Pros
  • I like the level of work I'm assigned, and I appreciate a very good work-life balance (in 23 reviews)

• Logitech has a very strong history of innovation and great products (in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • The work life balance is thing that seizes to exist in this company (in 8 reviews)

• Poor senior management, more interested in personal importance than really growing the company (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

Working culture at Logitech

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Logitech full-time

Pros

Love the open desk culture and the fast paced environment.. Within no time you get to know the organization. The bar is set high and the easiest route to meeting goals is not acceptable. The effort put into enablement and knowledge share has been wonderful. Perfect for anyone willing to go an extra mile. Exceptional performance is appreciated and rewarded.

Cons

Few people have resistance to change but it does not affect the management commitment and execution.

None. Extremely committed management.

Amazing company with great products

Current Employee - Senior Trade Marketing Manager in Lausanne (Switzerland)
    Current Employee - Senior Trade Marketing Manager in Lausanne (Switzerland)

I have been working at Logitech full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great products, friendly mentality, passion

Cons

No big opportunities internally for employees

Develop people

Intern

Former Employee - Intern in Newark, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Intern in Newark, CA (US)

I worked at Logitech as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

I had a good experience working at Logitech as an intern.

- The team I worked for was comprised of members who were kind, enthusiastic, engaging--they appeared to enjoy their work, and they were specialists in their fields.

- The building in which I worked was clean, organized, spacious.

- I enjoyed sitting in short meetings with my team members to share ideas and brainstorm new projects to be worked on. .

Cons

I would have liked to engage with the other interns more during my time. We were working within our respective departments, so I became close to only the ones in my immediate vicinity.

Great ideas thus far, needs a few more big winners that can perform in the long-term, not on for short-period momentary basis. Keep it up!

Good company

I have been working at Logitech

Pros

Good working environment
    Nice people, approachable, willing to help

Cons

Not innovative
    Many coworkers have worked there for more than ten years, need fresh air

The best place for finance department ever worked with and all nice people

Current Employee - Sec Reporting Manager in Newark, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Sec Reporting Manager in Newark, CA (US)

I have been working at Logitech full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The work area is open space and no one is sitting in an office room including CFO and CEO. The tone at the top is very good and CEO and CFO are very open to suggestions to improve the business and process. There are no complex protocol to get good ideas executed. I can walk to CFO and present my idea and gets approved immediately as long as the idea gets adopted.
    My contribution to the Company is well recognized by the supervisor and CFO via a good compensation package.

Cons

Cross function department communication and support needs a little reinforced to get the whole process more efficient.

Experience at logitech

Current Employee - Accounting Group in Newark, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Accounting Group in Newark, CA (US)

I have been working at Logitech full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The company has changed and is changing fast. Enjoyable, Fulfilling, Great team AND Great Perks....along with Two things which I like and people here enjoy the most is fast moving and adopt new ideas. The culture is small company with great vision. Management is approachable and receptive to great ideas. great culture and great people around, who are focused on making things simple, easy, effective and you are listened and appreciated. The people around are good, great team sprit. location wise, very well located for me, mostly against traffic, which I love with the perks of free gym, free electric car charger and awesome discount on products of 50% and above. Given the European base, you get to travel to Europe, which is awesome.

Cons

Have to keep driving the culture and embrace the change.

They're trying...

I worked at Logitech full-time (more than an year)

Pros

People are friendly and earnest...company is eager to be "more" (although unclear what "more" looks like or how they'll get there)

Cons

Despite the "move fast" and "speak up" "winning behaviors," Logitech has a while to get there -- and hoping they do. This is not a fast-moving environment as far as results and productivity, although it is in terms of changes that tend to be unexplained and under thought.

Don't hire people with the energy/drive you need and then try to change them to complacent employees... don't oversell. Be realistic about how you operate.

Getting much more interesting

I have been working at Logitech full-time

Pros

A lot of good changes over the last year. CEO and Execs really serious about building fewer but much bigger products and overall the teams are operating at a faster pace. Very international culture.

Cons

Still too consensus-driven. Rebranded HR into People & Culture, but unclear what this changed beside the naming. Mixed bag of top talent and under performers, making key to find the right team.

Liking the job more than I expected to

I have been working at Logitech full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The execs walk around like regular folk, especially Bracken. There are sightings of him all over the place, including the café, hallways, work areas, and more. He's very approachable, as are all the execs. I am adjusting much better to the open environment than I expected I'd be able to. I like the level of work I'm assigned, and I appreciate a very good work-life balance. I also think my manager is great. This is about my eighth job in 8 years due to constant contract work changing and ending. I am so glad I made the move to Logitech and feel lucky to have landed here, and as an FTE I'm expecting to stay a long time.

Cons

As a small company there aren't too many jobs that overlap, so sometimes questions can't get answered as fast as a newbie would like. In the past, there were 4 or 5 people doing my job alongside me, but now I am dependent on one person only. But the tradeoff is worth it. I'm thriving and producing now, which feels great.

At every event where you are speaking to Logitech employees and contractors, please let us know who you are, both by name and job title.

Great place to do great things

Current Employee - Senior Brand Manager in Newark, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Brand Manager in Newark, CA (US)

I have been working at Logitech full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Under the new regime of Bracken, Logitech has made an incredible turn-around. The vibe is getting increasingly more positive and the culture is dramatically improving. I love the fact that we use video conferencing and can instantly connect face-to-face with any of our colleagues from around the world. This makes work a lot more productive without the hassles of traveling/being away from the family.

Cons

There are some legacy employees that are perpetually negative. The AMR region seems to try everything it can to work "against" the Business Groups vs with them. Not sure why this is...seems as if it's just "always been this way" and there are lots of legacy people who continue to feed this mentality. The workspace is all open office concept, but not in a "cool" way - it's ugly and cluttered.

Great work turning the culture around, keep it up! Would be nice to have a better work environment setup - the current open workspace environment is ugly, uncolorful and cluttered. Help to foster an environment where the AMR team isn't encouraged/incentivized to work against BGs.