Logitech

www.logitech.com

Logitech Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Bracken Darrell

Pros
  • Great health benefits and lots of flexibility for a good work/life balance (in 20 reviews)

• Great products with more on the way (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance can be better (in 7 reviews)

• Poor senior management, more interested in personal importance than really growing the company (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

Fun workplace, great people, and nice benefits.

Sales (Current Employee) Newark, CA (US)

ProsAwesome managers. Supportive team. Love coming to work. Managers let us own projects. Great employment growth potential!!!!! Cool products, especially the UE Boom! I also love the new building compared to the old one...I like that we moved all moved from two buildings to one building recently too.

There's a company huddle every week where the CEO speaks at too with free raffles!

ConsOpen space area can get noisy and distracting, but at least I can talk to others easier. More collaboration. It's good and bad.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone so far. Great job, Bracken.

Fun workplace, good benefits, but lacks

Project Manager (Current Employee) Newark, CA (US)

ProsI LOVE COMING TO WORK EVERYDAY!!!!!! Supportive team. I can walk to any department within 5 minutes whenever I need a quick response. Great work benefits too! I love our CEO!! He's good looking too.. =]

ConsWe need to have more company events!! Logitech also needs to hire more recent college graduates to the workplace too.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompany huddles are fun! Please add more fun events!

Good company, sub par management alignment. Too many Directors/VP's.....

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsOn site cafeteria, location and Halloween for certain! By far the best Halloween at any company I've been with. Really cool products that I still use today.

ConsIn a big company like Logitech, it is difficult to effect meaningful change without having to go through so many roadblocks. Salaries are low. Middle managers do not promote their employees, most are also not open to suggestions. This company would benefit from 360 review process.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Brilliant minds, great products, bad politics

Engineer (Former Employee) Camas, WA (US)

ProsFair compensation, great benefits, fun environment, exciting work, great perks, awesome people (intelligent and friendly)

ConsPolitics in upper management; bad decisions regarding product lines means lots of time wasted developing great things which never saw the light of day

Advice to Senior ManagementResearch the big picture

Great Workplace

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat place to work with complete freedom. You can explore new things and no hierarchy

ConsNo one to really control you. So you should be self disciplined to work on your own.

Great place to work at---especially for an intern!

Intern (Current Employee) Newark, CA (US)

ProsI look forward to coming to my internship everyday, which sounds kind of weird! That says a lot, especially since it's a far commute. Compared to my previous internship at another tech company, Logitech treats me a lot better. My opinions and ideas actually get heard without much bureaucracy. The open office space, which I thought I would hate, is actually not too bad.

The internship program is pretty sweet too. Each week, the program hosts Lunch and Learns where they invite senior executives to come speak and share awesome prototypes. On top of that, they are planning about 3-4 off-site activities, which includes pay! We are going to the SF Giants game next week and I'm super stoked! We also get showered with Logitech swag and other fun exciting giveaways.

My manager also takes time to check on me without micromanaging. Trust me, I have had my share of that at previous internships and I was so happy this department doesn't do that. Logitech is not a cut-throat company, nor is it "very corporate" either. I love this start-up and small company atmosphere!

Logitech also hosts a series of fun events! Yesterday, they invited Baskin Robbins to come over and deliver ice cream.

ConsI wish there was free food, but the cafeteria isn't that bad either! Logitech should also host workshops for management training and technical skills too. This would be a huge hit and I would definitely join, especially as an inter.

Advice to Senior ManagementI have only been here for a little bit, but I can already feel a great positive improvement in company culture! Please continue the great transparency, especially among the high executives. It's always nice seeing them at the cafeteria, or walking down the halls so casually.

Logitech, one of the greatest companies to work for.

Senior Manager (Former Employee) Lausanne (Switzerland)

ProsThe people are simply professional (most). The company is very consumer focused and is listening to the consumers. It is clearly a high-tech and high-quality environment where people are important contributors.

ConsAs a European, I've seen the company power moving more and more to the US from where most decisions are taken. This is not a good tendency and a very short-term thinking. You cannot run a global structure successfully out of the US. People think different in different parts of the world.

Too many products in the past lead to bad focus. Looks like it has become better over the last 2 years.

Advice to Senior ManagementHandle US out of US, Europe out of Europe and Asia out of Asia instead of centralizing more and more in US. One day that will hit you back like a boomerang.
    Keep good people and get rid of the weak ones and not the other way round like done in several times in the past.

Company is in hands of wrong person.

Product Marketing Manager (Former Employee) Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

ProsOnce upon a time it was great company but now cannot be trusted

ConsCompany management seems to be confused n HR cannot be trusted. Do not speak up.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo get a degree in management n get some experience. U guys don't know how to manage a good brand

Good to work to work

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Chennai (India)

ProsUnlike in 2013 Now the company is stable.Salary is good

Consmonotonous after 6 month and less scope post and designation as there are many contender for the same post, they have more manager and team leader than developer.

Advice to Senior ManagementNA

Unsure of their future direction. For now, still a mouse company.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Newark, CA (US)

ProsVery casual atmosphere, healthy balance sheet, trying to adapt to the modern tech world. Benefits are good, and vacation time is competitive. You can learn a lot here that will help you at your next job.

ConsLogitech recently changed the Newark office environment to an "open office", which basically means no offices, no cubes. Everyone sits in rows of 30" x 60" tables, with a rolling file cabinet. This is supposed to help us collaborate, but it is noisy, distracting and depressing. It was actually done to reduce leased space.

The mantra here is small company, big products. This means that each person is getting more responsibility, as head count is reduced. Work/life balance is terrible. Actually taking vacation time is almost impossible. Most people I work with have maxed their vacation days and are burning them because they can't take time off.

Logitech is multinational and will shift every task to Asia if possible, so expect to work long hours to work in multiple time zones.

Advice to Senior ManagementLogitech needs to be a more aggressive competitor.

Worked for Logitech? Contribute to the Community!