Logitech

Updated 11 December 2014
3.6

Logitech President and Chief Executive Officer Bracken Darrell
Bracken Darrell

Pros
  • I like the level of work I'm assigned, and I appreciate a very good work-life balance (in 23 reviews)

• Logitech has a very strong history of innovation and great products (in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • The work life balance is thing that seizes to exist in this company (in 8 reviews)

• Poor senior management, more interested in personal importance than really growing the company (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

Great Branding but Weak Product Roadmap

Former Employee - Project Manager in Fremont, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Fremont, CA (US)

I worked at Logitech as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Great place to work for marketing folks. Strong brand ID and resilient marketing organization. They treat their product packaging like art and the creation process works. Lots of smart and loyal people work at this company. They let people jump around into new jobs which is good for personal growth of better performers.

Cons

No answer for touch technology which is a threat to the legacy peripheral business. Poor business planning as they run a very high percentage of contract workforce via 3rd party's. Furthermore contractors are treated as second class citizens. Hence a very hostile and disrespectful work atmosphere. Product planning comes down to which new commodity gadgets coming out of CES that they can slap their logo on and go to market in 90 days.

The follower strategy of slapping logos on ODM designs is not going to grow this company. Acquire an agile company with some intellectual property that is scalable. Strive to be the leader at CES not the follower.

A company on the way up ... way up

I have been working at Logitech full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing products ... the products are getting so much cooler, better designed, and smarter

Lots of change in culture ... almost all for the better

Fast, cool, fun ... open office, very casual but high intensity at same time

This is the most underestimated company in silicon valley

Cons

The open office needs to be 'designed' but i hear that's coming

Besides that, there just aren't any real negatives to speak of ...

Great

Current Employee - Intern in Lausanne (Switzerland)
    Current Employee - Intern in Lausanne (Switzerland)

I have been working at Logitech

Pros

Great work atmosphere. Possibility tout get a lot of skills.

Cons

No event organized between interns

Avoid working in the accounting/finance team

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, CA (US)

I worked at Logitech full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Learnt a lot in the field of accounting.

Cons

The work life balance is thing that seizes to exist in this company. They would request us to work during the weekend even though it was not of any urgency. We were not allowed to work from home (weekday/weekends included). The work culture in that team is that all the work needed to be done in the physical location and hence people left pretty much everyday after 8 p.m. The manager is highly inefficient in doing his job. He continues to give all the other teams, the time and freedom to continue booking journal entries but only crunch his own team to work harder without having any realistic sense of how things can take time. In fact, the CEO had announced that he wants to be connected only with his current employees but not through LinkedIn, they should reach out to him by email/phone call. Because they are no longer worthy of his time. This is a company, where one can learn on how not to be a bad manager/company and learn to respect its employees to say that it is perfectly fine for them to have a work-life balance. Do not join this team, if you have an health condition that needs a doctor's appointment even once a month. They have clearly stated that it disrupts the work and will consider you to be an efficient employee. I'm glad I no longer belong to this team.

Learn to respect your employees and create a work-life balance so that I can contribute more.

Intern

Former Employee - Intern in Newark, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Intern in Newark, CA (US)

I worked at Logitech as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

I had a good experience working at Logitech as an intern.

- The team I worked for was comprised of members who were kind, enthusiastic, engaging--they appeared to enjoy their work, and they were specialists in their fields.

- The building in which I worked was clean, organized, spacious.

- I enjoyed sitting in short meetings with my team members to share ideas and brainstorm new projects to be worked on. .

Cons

I would have liked to engage with the other interns more during my time. We were working within our respective departments, so I became close to only the ones in my immediate vicinity.

Great ideas thus far, needs a few more big winners that can perform in the long-term, not on for short-period momentary basis. Keep it up!

It was very good

I worked at Logitech

Pros

The best company to work for

Cons

Salary can be a bit more

Good company

I have been working at Logitech

Pros

Good working environment
    Nice people, approachable, willing to help

Cons

Not innovative
    Many coworkers have worked there for more than ten years, need fresh air

Missing chance to growth

I worked at Logitech full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Have good market share and technical strength could leading marketing trend, even influence end user.

Cons

Top and down thought are totally different, senior managers are not willing to listen real employee thought.

Although changing is good, but need to consider what really need to change. Definitely not do the change just for a change.

Getting much more interesting

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, CA (US)

I have been working at Logitech full-time

Pros

A lot of good changes over the last year. CEO and Execs really serious about building fewer but much bigger products and overall the teams are operating at a faster pace. Very international culture.

Cons

Still too consensus-driven. Rebranded HR into People & Culture, but unclear what this changed beside the naming. Mixed bag of top talent and under performers, making key to find the right team.

Working culture at Logitech

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Logitech full-time

Pros

Love the open desk culture and the fast paced environment.. Within no time you get to know the organization. The bar is set high and the easiest route to meeting goals is not acceptable. The effort put into enablement and knowledge share has been wonderful. Perfect for anyone willing to go an extra mile. Exceptional performance is appreciated and rewarded.

Cons

Few people have resistance to change but it does not affect the management commitment and execution.

None. Extremely committed management.