Loomis Fargo & Co.

Updated 20 November 2014
1.5

Loomis Fargo & Co. Managing Director Lars Blecko
Lars Blecko

Pros
  • Good people to work with below the managerial level (in 4 reviews)

• Good pay for the job, not having to work with the general public (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Very low pay for the life risking job (in 5 reviews)

• VERY long hours, and if you lived a while away like I did, the extra money won't mean a thing (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

San Antonio Branch Driver/guard
    One huge mistake it was to work here. I got onto loomis after relocating to San Antonio and desperately searching for a job after getting out of the military. With having served in the military I can tell you even the worse leaders in the military out preform the management at Loomis. They're very inconsistent and incompetent. It will put most of the reasons on my cons section. Do yourself a favor and pick another place to work this place is a joke. There is so much risk and responsibility for such a low wage. They have a 50% turn over rate. Their facility is a joke. They can't pay out Christmas bonus' so they have the employees submit raffle tickets to see if they're lucky enough to get one. They said they were having a Christmas party but the employees would have to pay for it. I actually thought it was a joke until I saw the sign up sheet. They expect you to drive like it's a perfect world btw you're being videotaped by the company when you drive so every little thing you do gets sent to management so they can write you up for every little thing. For an example I avoided a vehicle that pulled out to far try to turn. I simply decreased my speed and honked my horn. After I came back from a 12 hour shift I was chewed out for honking my horn overall completely ignoring the fact that I didn't hit the other car. I felt that there was racial tension inside management like they had to have an egotistical complex when I was around since I wasn't Hispanic. From what I saw the only way you get promoted is if you start ratting people out to management for stupid simplistic things. While the snitches do the same or even worse. For an example one of the shift leads has had 3 wrecks and caused them. Nothing happens. But if someone calls in sick they assume that person doesn't want to work and suspends you. As far as safety goes, the company can give a rats butt,all they care about is making a profit. They got rid of 3 man crews and it's only a driver and a hopper. If you want a bullet proof vest you're only able to choose their crappy vests that cost $400+ and only stop .45 cal. Yup that doesn't make me feel safe either. The company decided to crony out and they found a loophole where they don't have to pay there employees who do all the grunt work for overtime unless it's over 60hrs. It had something to do with the weight of the vehicle but we're not truck drivers. We get out of the dang vehicle to pick up for customers and all that jazz. As far as the trucks you drive they're straight up death traps. Air conditioner doesn't work in the summer and the heater doesn't work in the winter. The summer time will be tough for drivers since they don't have tinted windows and you basically fry in the front cab. Sweating your butt off for 12 hrs, zero breeze, and being stuck in a confined space was pretty extreme. Management and upper management doesn't care they work in their air conditioned offices and they want their profit. If you stick it out and try to get promoted you'll be surprised once again because they will only promote those rats who kiss butt. As far as pay goes it doesn't matter how much experience you have they will only give you $11.10/hr no overtime unless it's over 60hrs. They will also threaten to take your profit sharing away because you can't drive super perfect going back to the driver spy cameras that were mentioned earlier. If they even give profit sharing out. It's crazy how they can pick and choose just so they can get a bigger cut. Thanks for taking the time to read this. Even though the economy is crap I will not succumb to being a wage slave.

Current Employee - Armored Driver/Guard in San Antonio, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Armored Driver/Guard in San Antonio, TX (US)

I have been working at Loomis Fargo & Co. full-time

Pros

Get to carry a gun, people think your job is like in the movies. Enjoyable if wages were better and management were more professional.

Cons

No overtime unless you work +60Hrs
    $11.10 base pay
    They only move your pay up 2% every year if they even see fit to do so
    Egotistical management
    Inconsistent
    Cronies
    Horrible trucks
    Ac/heater never works
    Company doesn't care about your safety
    Only rats and kiss butts get moved up.
    Good employees usually quit
    Dead end job
    Lies about wage increase when short handed so people don't quit
    Drama
    To much responsibility for low wage.
    Dirty and unkept facilities
    Raffling out christmas bonus
    Goes on...

Increase the driver/guard wage
    Get rid of over time rule
    Lead by example
    Be consistent
    Don't alienate people

Terrible

Current Employee - Tech
    Current Employee - Tech

I have been working at Loomis Fargo & Co. full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Nothing worst company ever no days off.

Cons

Long hours 12 cent per year pay raise company paying slave wages.

If its your only option!

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Loomis Fargo & Co.

Pros

All federal government holidays off

Cons

Poor pay for what you actually do.

Tons of under performing coworkers skating by because managment will not fire them.

Turnover is greater then any other company i have ever seen.

Training is horrible.

Managment is very poor.

Increase pay and attention to training! The best and brightest employees are turning and running after few months.

Working here is anything but great

Former Employee - Armed Service Tech in Cincinnati, OH (US)
    Former Employee - Armed Service Tech in Cincinnati, OH (US)

I worked at Loomis Fargo & Co. part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Absolutely nothing you couldn't find at another employer.
    Except carrying a gun but don't get to giddy the bad guys carry better ones.

Cons

The pay is not worth the risk. ( I repeat ) the pay is not worth the risk.10.00 an hour its never going to be worth a bath.
    Additionally the lack of training increases the risk
    The lack of leaderships is great at increasing the risks we face. How you might ask, well they made the executive decision that three-four man crews in ghetto areas, guards armed with rifles/shotguns, and training were far to expensive so you don't get any of these; thus, increasing the risks you are faced with.

Your good at making life difficult and threatening to your employees you need to change that.

As it stands you have made your work force soft targets to would be radicals and criminals.

Hold you'r heads in collective shame, you have betrayed us.

You'd better not

Former Employee - Armed Guard/Driver in Bloomington, IL (US)
    Former Employee - Armed Guard/Driver in Bloomington, IL (US)

I worked at Loomis Fargo & Co. full-time (more than an year)

Pros

A job unworthy of your physical efforts, time, and certainly your life or pain.
    Good guys and gals to work with at the bottom half.

Cons

Pay is bad doesn't equate to being under the microscope of liability for others millions or being shot, injuries, or killed for those millions.

Policies and rules are a laughing matter because nothing is done by the books.

Equipment is on its last leg.. Trucks have no A/C... Trucks with holes you can put your hands threw.

NO overtime

20 Cent raises

NO TRAINING

Sickening work environment included

Wise up and stop mistreating your associates.You have to start spending some time in meetings and business trips considering what its like to be in our position. Right now your just being indifferent and that is the root to all evil.

Nope never again

I have been working at Loomis Fargo & Co.

Pros

Good people to work with below the managerial level.

Cons

Low pay-Bad equipment- None existent training-Lack of trust and respect from corporation/management-No work life balance- Job no career- Poor pay raises.

You have a lot of opportunities to make great changes for your low level staff, the only problem is you ignore those opportunities. Stop that shenanigan right away.

Worked hard and unappreciated

Current Employee - Armed Guard/Driver in Bloomington, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Armed Guard/Driver in Bloomington, IL (US)

I have been working at Loomis Fargo & Co. part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Exceptional co-workers and a few who actually value brotherhood; wish that existed at headquarters.

Cons

The whole company is a con take a job elsewhere... or take a job and learn the hard way...you'll just become another person who doesn't advocate working for this company.

You created something really special, and I hope at the end of your career you come to realize the plight you wrought on us.

Please hold your heads in collective shame.

You can't run away fast enough

Current Employee - Armed Guard/Driver in Cincinnati, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Armed Guard/Driver in Cincinnati, OH (US)

I have been working at Loomis Fargo & Co. part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Beats being a criminal somedays

Cons

Pay and training are low just like company moral, so turn over is always very high and all the head aches associated with what I have mentioned mean you'r just applying to sub par job not a career.

Loomis has more in common with McDonald's than law enforcement, but McDonald's has more career opportunities that the big difference.

The pay and training can be way way better. You need to do our job for a year.

The worst rated cash movement company...for a reason.

Former Employee - Branch Manager in Jacksonville, FL (US)
    Former Employee - Branch Manager in Jacksonville, FL (US)

I worked at Loomis Fargo & Co. full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Wish Glassdoors would reduce this to a two word minimum since that is all I need to get the point across...

Its a J...ust, O...ver, B..roke

Cons

Four most sever issues facing this company.

1. Senile/Ignorant/Unimaginative/Toxic management hierarchy and corporation guided by money and investors. Not guided by sound principles
    2. Lack of training and existing training leaves much to be desired
    3. Poor pay and employee support coupled with bad employee moral
    4. Outdated equipment and procedures

You have got to act!
    Bring your employees things that we can actually value.
    You as a corporation can do more to increase resource distribution than anyone could as an individual, so start raising the amount of money you pay us and give better raises (to the best). This would be so beneficial to the economy.

Long hours with no thanks

Current Employee - Armored Service Technician in Allentown, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Armored Service Technician in Allentown, PA (US)

I have been working at Loomis Fargo & Co. full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The employees are good people and if you want 10+ hours of OT a week you'll get it...

Cons

Busting your butt for pennies. Run a gain for the quarter and get profit sharing of .20 on the hour. Management gives no praise or real incentive to do a good job except the meager wages and the "profit sharing". The trucks that hold millions of dollars don't get maintained even if you tell management.

Try and have a people first attitude. Stop running your employees down with 12-16+ hour days and when you are going to offer profit sharing make it worth while instead of insulting. Maybe sending your branch managers to Dubai isn't the best investment....