Main Street Hub Reviews

Updated 26 August 2014
Updated 26 August 2014

3.9

Andrew Allison & Matt Stuart

Pros
  • You will also make a lot of money along the way (in 6 reviews)

• No matter what work is work, but at MSH they give you an opportunity to make a lot of money, if you can figure out the sale (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management claims to care about employees, but will fire them at the drop of a hat (in 7 reviews)

• There is not room for growth or personal development (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Main Street Hub - Challenge accepted

Current Employee - Senior Local Marketing Consultant  in  Austin, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Local Marketing Consultant in Austin, TX (US)

I have been working at Main Street Hub full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great culture!! It is a fun work environment for those who don't like sitting in a quiet cubicle all day. Theres music playing, free food, and just a great overall place to be stuck at for 9 hours/day. The company has rapidly grown for the better and to be honest this job is not for everyone and I wouldn't take some of these negative reviews too seriously. Having a great work-ethic, mental fortitude, and a desire to make money will make you successful at MSH. The monthly and quarterly commission structure is great! The harder you work, the more and more you can get paid! I don't think I've ever had a job where I get excited to come in to work everyday to basically be with people I call friends and get to make money at the same time. If you have a work hard, play hard mentality, you will be fine here. Also because the company has recently made big changes in its upper management, the career path has gotten a lot of transparent in the last few months. They want more people to be promoted within and move up in the company.

Cons

This is not an easy job. The starting pay may not be the best and it's cold calling. The ones who come in here and treat it like another job where they clock in and out and collect a paycheck, are the ones who don't last long here and are frustrated as to why and it probably is because they lacked hard work and didn't reach out for help. The people who are highly motivated and work hard inside and outside the office to get better everyday are the ones who make extremely big paychecks! Trust me, i've seen some. It is cold calling and the uphill battle right out of the gates is going to be tough. You are going to get rude people and hung up on a lot, but the more experience, knowledge of the product, and work more efficiently you start closing deals and warm leads will start making it your way.

The hiring process needs to be better more strict and rigorous. Finding more people who are motivated and driven.

Boiler room setting with Very little potential for growth

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative  in  San Francisco, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in San Francisco, CA (US)

I worked at Main Street Hub full-time for more than a year

Pros

Staff is young and all get along really well. They do fun events a few times a month as a way to clear your head and forgot the endless cold-calling you do day in and day out

Cons

The service is only beneficial for companies that are very comp illiterate. After personally looking up customers accounts after they had signed-up (which is frowned upon by management) Many promises our sales staff is told to tell customers , never happen.

Allow more room to grow in the company and all though hard closing is necessary in most inside sales positions , lying to customers is only going to harm the company reputation in the long-run. The service you provide is helping word of mouth reputations stay positive... so I would assume your own company values would strive to have customers stay positive. We Used to be told to use the same few "satisfied" customers as selling references, however those few references were also only happy due to "free service"

Young Owners- Immature Company

I worked at Main Street Hub full-time for more than a year

Pros

This is a fun start-up environment.

Cons

Not a transparent company. Upper management are not able to use talent that they were hired for because the owners are controlling micro-managers and their lack of knowledge and support of employees is felt all the way down the chain.

sit on a board and hire someone who knows what they are doing

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

traumatizing

I worked at Main Street Hub full-time for less than a year

Pros

nothing positive about this dump of a company

Cons

deceiving CEOs
    no integrity
    ex cons welcome

sit on a board and hire people who know what they are doing

...and the journey is still going...

Current Employee - Senior Local Marketing Consultant  in  San Francisco, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Local Marketing Consultant in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at Main Street Hub full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you want success, then work hard and push yourself. Management will support you when following best practices and frankly just doing your job.

Cons

The keg is tapped out, oh no!

Leadership is clear cut, be prepared to roll with the many changes making the various better.

Challenging, room for growth, amazing culture

Current Employee - Social Media Community Manager  in  Austin, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Social Media Community Manager in Austin, TX (US)

I have been working at Main Street Hub full-time for less than a year

Pros

It's hard to not be excited about what's ahead at MSH. Not only has the company seen consistent growth over the past year, but they stick to their core values and what really matters to the company, its employees and its clients. Of all the companies I've worked for, MSH offers the best balance of a fun, hard-working culture, career and growth opportunities, and strong leadership. People seem hungry to keep things going this way, as well, which is exciting.

Cons

No 401k program (young people don't seem to care!) Parking not paid for in expensive downtown area, but with how much we are growing this would be a massive expense for the company.

Great culture with a huge opportunity for advancement

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative  in  Austin, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Austin, TX (US)

I have been working at Main Street Hub full-time for more than a year

Pros

It is not the easiest job out there, but if you work hard will will be rewarded. There is continual support from management and peers. This company is growing every month so there is a ton of opportunity for advancement in that aspect. Even with growth they have been able to maintain a good culture and fun environment. Also did I mention the comp plan!!

Cons

You have to continue to work hard everyday, this is not a job you can just coast through.

Continue to hire great people!!

I was told to do this so here I go

Current Employee - Senior Local Marketing Consultant  in  Austin, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Local Marketing Consultant in Austin, TX (US)

I have been working at Main Street Hub full-time for less than a year

Pros

The highlight of my day is when I get to watch the yuppy white kids lip-sync to drake or lil wayne. It reminds me of that movie Office Space where the guy is rapping in the car. Don't let Eminem come on, they get so tough and angry that it messes up their putt putt game on the sales floor. Of course I wouldn't be a true Main Street Hub vet if I didn't say happy hour and kegs. Oh yeah you're a "vet" if you make it past 3 months. I've been here about 9 months and I swear I've met every sales person in Austin. That's how many people have come and gone. It's a revolving elevator. I like the recognition after a sale. Banging the gong in the middle of a sales floor is cool, especially when theres a training class or someones interviewing, I feel so cool.
    Oh yeah everyone gets hired. Sales or no sales background, come on down

Cons

downtown parking, $8/day starts to add up. happy hours start to add up. commission structure is horrible! I actually saw someone fall off the wagon while working here.

keep doing what you're doing. we will follow you blindly into the fire. as long as you keep feeding us beer. #hublife

Best job I've ever had

Current Employee - Local Marketing Consultant  in  Austin, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Local Marketing Consultant in Austin, TX (US)

I have been working at Main Street Hub full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great culture(Company happy hour almost every Friday, plenty of catered breakfasts and lunches, paid benefits, fantastic people to be around for 9 hours a day during the week, not to mention you work in the heart of downtown Austin) awesome work life balance, plenty of vacation days, management provides constant coaching and support, fantastic commission perks, career opportunities for top performers.

Cons

Let's be realistic, this is a sales career position , if you are looking for a 8-5 job, go work at McDonalds. Their is plenty of stress, turnover, but the people that stick, belong, the people that don't, wash out. Also its a growing start up, if you don't like change, this isn't the place for you.

Keep doing what you are doing.

Best Job on the Planet in Social Media Management

Current Employee - Senior Local Marketing Executive  in  San Francisco, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Local Marketing Executive in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at Main Street Hub full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people are amazing here. I love my co workers and the upper management team. Super personable, friendly and and they really care you have a great work-life balance. You are treated as an adult who cares about your job and there is so much to work for. Frequent incentives: bonus, commission, trips, prizes and so much fun while helping small business owners understand the value of having a presence online. If you enjoy helping people and understand the business value of Facebook, Google, or Yelp absolutely apply today. It changed my life and now I make a huge amount of money and enjoy every moment of my day and the great people I meet.

Cons

Main Street Hub has grown so much since I started about 2 years ago. The new Vice President and the upper management team has done so much to give us more flexibility and rewards that I really have zero to complain about. I am excited to start my day and wake up thrilled to start my day. In the past there were improvement I suggested and you know what they actually did all those things. You will not find a job that listens and responds like this job. They are not stuck in the mud nor do they have a deaf ear. They hear and they care.

You are so amazing. I have nothing to add that you have not done. Flexible hours, excellent perks, a wonderful job I just am so thankful for the blessing of working here with you. I hope this will be my only job for the rest of my life. I am totally in love with you.

Worked for Main Street Hub? Contribute to the Community!