Main Street Hub
mainstreethub.com Austin, TX 150 to 499 Employees

Main Street Hub Reviews

Updated Apr 04, 2014
Main Street Hub – “Team Photo”

Andrew Allison & Matt Stuart

Pros:
  • "You will also make a lot of money along the way"
    in 5 reviews
  • "No matter what work is work, but at MSH they give you an opportunity to make a lot of money, if you can figure out the sale"
    in 5 reviews
Cons:
  • "There is not room for growth or personal development"
    in 4 reviews
  • "I personally would love more options and flexibility since I often come in early for CST or EST calls"
    in 4 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Decent company, be prepared for a lot of dialing.

I have been working at Main Street Hub full-time for less than a year

ProsLaid back office environment, good people, potential to make a decent amount of money. Performance based sales promotions.

ConsRepetitive meetings that aren't always that helpful. A lot of turnover, but that is to be expected in a sales job. Very repetitive, reading the same pitch day after day.

I Make Over 10k a Month and Meet Great People Daily! I LOVE MY JOB!

Senior Local Marketing Consultant (Current Employee)
San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at Main Street Hub full-time for more than a year

ProsI love the product they have. I really trust the benefits to our clients and that makes it easy to sell. MSH has a great compensation plan. The base is modest however compensated greatly by the generous monthly and quarterly commission plans. If you are confident, great with people and love helping business owners learn about the benefits of social media sites like Yelp, Google+, Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare or Trip Advisor it is the opportunity of a life time. I really make a ton of money and love what I do. The leadership team is very personable and you can reach out and talk to them when ever you wish. They provide a great office manager at each location who makes sure we have food, snacks and lots of fun and games. There is a ping pong table and lots of great training. The team is so great and they really support each other so everyone feels a part and connected to something greater than themselves. I love that they are well recognized by their peers and interact with Yelp, Foursquare and Facebook. They have a fantastic marketing team who really makes sure that clients are nurtured and well engaged. The technology is simply brilliant. There is no better social media company to work for that is so passionate about local business owners nationwide.

ConsWork-life balance would be better for me personally if I could just back away from the computer. I work too much but I love it. It would be nice if there was a flexible schedule or telecommute options for senior sales reps. I personally would love more options and flexibility since I often come in early for CST or EST calls. I do wish we were paid for lunch (since we are not 100% relieved of duty during lunch i.e. if you are on a call). Then we could work 9-5.
I think after a year or at a certain level you do not need to participate in basic training that is done in the mornings so coming in later would be great and used for things like working out like they do at Google. My girlfriend just started at Google and they have a much more flexible work culture. This of course should be for senior reps who have proven able to manage their own time and have solid track records.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would prefer greater decision making authority, more autonomy over my work and an independent sales role option. If I have a great day and am tired I want to be able to go home or work from home when I need to or go out in the field a few times per month. I would love my cel phone covered or the mobile hot spot I use for my laptop covered or given these tools at company expense after 12 months of employment. I think at a senior sales level flex hours and more independence are warranted. This could give a better over all experience to qualified sales reps who desire a higher quality of life. This could additionally retain or attract more high quality reps who do not really need regulation. If your at quota and pacing leaving early Fridays or working from home would be great since most sales reps work many off hours evenings or weekends.

Great opportunity for someone with drive, determination and focus.

Social Media Sales Associate (Current Employee)

I have been working at Main Street Hub full-time for less than a year

ProsStock Options, opportunity for growth, professional development.

Consno pets allowed at work.

Advice to Senior Managementallow pets!

Rewarding work

Local Marketing Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Main Street Hub full-time for less than a year

ProsFun and supportive atmosphere. You can turn to your peers or managers for anything and we sell an amazing product.

ConsNo help with parking fees downtown Austin. Can't bring pets or family to office and most events.

Advice to Senior ManagementEverything you guys are doing is wonderful!

Main Street Hub - Awesome Company! Sales - Challenging (Like any sales role)

Senior Local Marketing Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Main Street Hub full-time for less than a year

Pros1.Culture - The company is very particular who they hire. The reasons: They need the employees to be a good fit for the main reason their services exist, HELPING LOCAL businesses thrive. They look for people who are passionate in this goal. They want their employees to build relationships within their peers, in their office and within the company.
2. Compensation - You're offered a base pay (which is nice, especially in a sales role). You are also rewarded with commission. There's opportunity to increase your base pay while staying in the same role; all depending on your performance sales wise. You have a monthly commission, a quarterly commission and a yearly commission. (Great potential to make A LOT of money) Spiffs - Want a $100.00 gift card for doing your job? Constant opportunities to win extra rewards, trips, tvs, electronics, and money.
3. Dress code - want to wear jeans and a tank top to work? Come on in! Or dress to impress, the choice is yours.
4. Music - Do you enjoy working while listening to some jams? Pandora all day!

Cons1. High turn over - Expected, you don't perform sales wise, then you won't be a good fit to maintain a long term employment.
2. Not enough sales training. Coaching is provided, feedback, etc. However, sales training is not.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen hiring, offer a sales training that covers techniques for different scenarios. Strongly believe more people would be retained, if their was a training specific to actual selling and sales in general.

Fast paced, extremely smart team all around

I have been working at Main Street Hub full-time for more than a year

ProsLove working with very smart people. The company does an amazing job at hiring the best at a fast pace. Everyone has the ability to grow here no matter what level you come in. I have seen interns move into senior positions.

ConsIf you are not up for a challenge, then this isn't the place for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementI know we are growing even faster over the next few years. Please keep up the good work on providing a place for all of us to also grow and learn.

MSH is a place where you can be challenged and make a difference.

New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Main Street Hub for less than a year

ProsIf you want to be successful and are willing to put in the time and effort it takes to get there, this is the place for you. CEOs hold company culture and values in high regard and execs implement new ideas and processes often. Long-term career potential as long as you are patient. Great mentors in upper management. Opportunities like this don't come around often.

ConsWhen one person has a negative attitude it is passes on to the whole floor. Most days at work are highly stressful - you need to be able to separate your emotions while on the job.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more creative in the ways you train on new and old material, and don't take credit for the hard work of others.

Your willingness to hear what anyone in the company has to say, regardless of performance or title, is appreciated.

You get out what you put in.

I have been working at Main Street Hub full-time for more than a year

ProsI've been an employee at MSH for quite a while and have had many opportunities to move and grow within the company and can honestly say this experience is what you make of it.

I've seen some have phenomenal experiences and some have less than stellar ones, but the outcome was almost always a product of talent, effort, and attitude. If you want something bad enough here and you're qualified or put in the effort to make yourself qualified -- you can usually achieve what you want. There's no room for politics, only performance.

We've definitely come a long way from our humble roots and with great growth comes great challenges, but I think the leadership is strong and we're all in for a exciting and rewarding ride.

ConsThe company runs lean, so you may not get all of the shiny perks you might expect from some of the other startups in town. You won't find a chef, free parking, gym memberships, or super slick facilities, but you have what you need to do your job and never feel like the company is throwing their money down the drain.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing, invest in your people a little bit more and I think we'll all be a part of a winning formula.

Heading in a great direction

Content Marketing Associate (Current Employee)

I have been working at Main Street Hub full-time for more than a year

ProsWith nearly two years in the company, I can say that we've come a long way. There were some times where things needed improvement, and this was recognized, improved upon, and changed. People need to realize that this is a young company, and there will be challenges that need to be overcome. Two words for every current and future employee: Speak Up. This company consistently blows my mind at how well management takes feedback from employees into consideration and uses that feedback as a barometer for how they're running the business. I've never had such access to an executive ear, which makes me truly feel that my voice can and will be heard.

ConsIt's not an easy job. Period. If you want to often phone it in or have a job where you can give less than 100%, this isn't for you. There will be long days. There will be side projects, things added to your plate, and an atmosphere of constant change. I don't know if I'd call it a con, but it's something that you have to be prepared to take on. Your starting pay isn't going to make you rich, especially if you're not coming straight out of college, but there are opportunities to grow and take on new positions within the company as it continues its vast growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementMaintain your focus on creating a great company culture and lending your ear to feedback. Continue emphasizing the personal and confidential options for providing that feedback. Try to keep your finger on the pulse of employee satisfaction, as there's no question that some feel overworked, which can affect culture.

Best Place I've Ever Worked

Local Marketing Consultant (Current Employee)
New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Main Street Hub full-time for less than a year

ProsThis is probably the best place I've ever worked and I've worked at many different companies with different cultures and titles. If you can have a strong consistent work ethic and are willing to learn and love consulting business owners this is a great place to work and the culture is amazing.

ConsIn order to succeed you may need to put in long hours, but it's really all about your drive and determination to rise to the top.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing, the culture and environment are great.

Worked for Main Street Hub? Contribute to the Community!

Main Street Hub Videos

Main Street Hub – Why Work for Us?

Founded in 2010, Main Street Hub is the voice of more local businesses than any other company. Through technology, creativity, and service, we provide great local businesses around the world with do-it-for-you products… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Main Street Hub reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Main Street Hub CEO Andrew Allison & Matt Stuart. All 60 reviews are posted anonymously by Main Street Hub employees.