Manhattan Associates

Manhattan Associates Reviews

Updated Jul 08, 2014

Manhattan Associates President & CEO Eddie Capel

Eddie Capel

Pros
  • Good for the ones having interest in Supply Chain domain(in 44 reviews)

• Work-life-balance is ok, at times it will be high during product releases(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/Life Balance not so much; cannot work from home(in 45 reviews)

• no work life balance and more pressure(in 15 reviews)

good work

Senior Manager (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

Prosgood work
    challenging projects
    ok benefits
    need more collaboration with geo teams

Consless salary
    need more bonuses / salary increases
    increase team sizes per projects

Advice to Senior Managementbe connected with low level team members

Good place to work

ProsLot of learning opportunity, opportunities to innovate, flexible working hours.

ConsWork life balance is a challenge.

Love my job

Software Analyst (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsYouthful, energetic workforce, great sense of humor, great teamwork, "startup culture", easy to get good ideas off the floor, great HR, great training, great benefits and competitive compensation, will probably work here until they kick me out!! I love working here!!

Consmixed experiences between departments, high learning curve, technical documentation could be improved/centralized

Advice to Senior Managementkeep being awesome, take control of meetings so they don't take all of your time

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Nice Work Culture, Great Environment and Fun to work

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsGood Salary Structure and as Product based, so much lesser affected by Global Recession. Best For freshers to start working with. Maximum chance for going on-Site.

ConsMost of On-Site work is limited for 3 months. Long Term on-site requires Very good knowledge of the product.

good interview

Prosproduct and functional knowledge is good and work timings are ok. PSO teams are overwhelmed with new projects and lots of work.

Consless technical and could be sustained easily if guys stick with the same mod rather than jumping from one to another.

Good (not great) place to work for

Principal Software Engineer (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

Pros1) All products are built on a common platform and that common platform will have all the latest technologies and will keep updating as well.
    2) Products are technically very sound, once you get to understand the architecture and code base, you will gain good technical knowledge.
    3) Works in supply chain domain, which is in demand in several other companies.
    4) Centralized build team now, so the developers can focus only on development and not bother about build and deployment, which was not the case couple of years back.
    5) WFH option and flexible timings (obviously depends on teams and managers).
    6) Free dinner and saturday lunch, for other days, they will give coupons.
    7) If you get lucky, you will get a good enhancement work, which will strengthen your technical acumen.
    8) Salary will be good (only if you are here for 5+ years)

Cons1) As I mentioned in the last point in pros, if you get lucky. But unfortunately, most of work we get in India is bug fixing and porting. If enhancements are there, they will be very minor ones, even a fresher can do. All good enhancements are design are done in US.
    2) UNFAIR onsite opportunities. In one department, there will be good amount of travel even for freshers and new joinees, while in other department, people will not get a single change even for 8-9 years. Very unfair and I always hated that.
    3) Some people may not agree but I have felt that some US people don't have much respect towards their counterparts in India.
    4) Salary is better than service based companies and less in par with other product development companies.

Advice to Senior ManagementDoing good job. Just one advice, give fair onsite opportunities at least to the good resources to keep up their motivation and also involve them more and more in design work.

Good learning experience, good culture

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

Prosbest in supply chain industry market
    cutting edge technologies are used
    there is less chance to be on bench , you will always have work
    transport service are good

Consif you are in support team or professional service team not in R & D team. so little chance to get complete picture of product or to develop something from begenning.
    Politics are there. have to maintain good repo with senior if want to grow further
    food quality are not good especially for north indian people

Advice to Senior Managementfocus on food quality
    give training to support and professional service team about complete product functional and technical flow.

Great company for Supply Chain Professionals

QA Analyst (Former Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsCompany pays good, work environment is excellent.

ConsSome of teams have alot of internal politics and favorism.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to listen to employees than just mid management.

Great Workplace Depending on Role and Product

Consultant (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsGreat for the Order Lifecycle Management Product
    A lot of hard work, but rewarding perks
    Recognized quickly for big name projects

ConsWork life balance
    Metrics that you rated on are not accurate
    Too many politics with management

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on the initial development and improvement of lower level employees
    Increase the Base Salary and Incentives!!!

Best Supply Chain Company, sometime very conservative

Director R&D (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsThis is a review of the R&D organization
    - Decent pay
    - Opportunities to grow
    - Ability to work on own ideas
    - Very good culture and customer focused
    - Hardworking employees

Cons- Some bad managers can spoil the company name and employee morale. There is no process(in some cases they are encouraged) to help managers improve their management style.
    - In some cases foreign workers can be exploited by low salary and process that lock in employees.
    - No transparency in HR process
    (As you can see most of my cons is regarding the HR department which has allowed bad practices to continue)
    - Lagging benefits
    - If you are a technology enthusiast then this may not be a good fit as they are a very slow moving company.

Advice to Senior ManagementManager training that focuses on people management. Do not reward the individual contributors by making them managers unless they can be good people managers.

Worked for Manhattan Associates? Contribute to the Community!