Manpower

Manpower Reviews

Updated Jul 27, 2014

Manpower CEO Jonas Prising

Jonas Prising

Pros
  • Management is very understanding about keeping the work/life balance (in 23 reviews)

• The working environment is professional (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • I heard some full time employees complained about his or her job (in 13 reviews)

• Promised permanent placement but upper management did not follow though (in 10 reviews)

More Highlights

Good company, great values

ProsInteresting company, great people with positive opportunities.

ConsService is suffering because of cost saving initiatives.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet your hands dirty at ground level

Whirlwind!!

Branch Manager (Current Employee) Edinburgh, Scotland

ProsGreat company, excellent brand, good business model

ConsPace to market (Business)
    Red Tape
    Policy & Procedures

Advice to Senior ManagementReduce some of the red tape and policy and procedures that are in place.

R

Second to none, great company and great colleagues, well looked after.

Permanent Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) Darlington, North East England, England

ProsOn site support and training, great job opportunities and personal development, comparable salary but attractive benefits.

ConsCompetition and generally the local economy

Advice to Senior ManagementMore incentives

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great development opportunities to further career, learnt a lot from Managers and colleagues

Consultant (Current Employee) Darlington, North East England, England

Pros1. Friendly and helpful colleagues
    2. Great training and advice from all management levels
    3. Competitive salary + bonus
    4. Regular reviews
    5. Brilliant experiences with different clients

ConsRedeploying flexible workers into alternate vacancies

It's like a playground

Retention Adviser (Current Employee) Leeds, England

ProsPayed on time
    Hidden in an office so you don't have to see them

ConsConstant phone calls if you are sick even if you have already called in
    "Plans" for underachievers

Advice to Senior ManagementManpower uk are like a bunch of children. No one knows what the other is doing. Records of sickness etc are not kept therefore IF a disciplinary had to be taken, myself or other employees, wouldn't have a leg to stand on as they seem to hide the proof. Even when in hospital manpower constantly harassing family to tell them when I get back to work "we will have a return to work meeting" TOTALLY UNSYMPATHETIC, no common sense, show no empathy towards anyone.

Also holiday pay for 3 months hasn't been payed had to ASK to be payed and was told "sorry there was an error on system"

This company needs morals, values to follow and training in customer service
    They are purely the reason I left my job which I loved

Great autonomy and work life balance

ProsThe team I work with are amazing, fantastic skills and a good laugh. The people make the Company great, it would be a challenge for me to find another Company where the people are so focused on each other. I put in long hours when needed but have the flexibility to have a life outside work.

ConsI love working for Manpower, but I do know that some friends have not has a positive experience when looking for work, it does depend on which colleague you speak to as to the service you get (quality varies). Also for the role I do with Manpower my salary is not comparable to the external market (it's lower!)

Advice to Senior ManagementConcentrate on your people not just on the bottom line

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

A great company to work for when you put the effort in

ProsGreat work life balance
    Excellent career opportunities for those who stretch themseves to acheive development
    Excellent access to senior managenent / board directors
    Strong focus on ethical approach to employing people - temporary or permanent
    Senior management stablity - 3 CEO's in 20 years, how many multinationals can say that?

ConsCan be a big ship to turn
    Benefits package for new starters needs a refresh

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't just listen to the feedback that's given by employees every year - act upon it

The worst company I have worked for ever

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere are no pros at all

ConsPoor pay, bad management, appalling treatment of staff.
    Manpower is the worst company I have ever had the displeasure of working for in my thirty year working history. They are appalling, despicable, disgusting lying, bullying, victimising manipulating, unethical, revolting; repulsive, vile, offensive and sickening I could go on the words to describe this company are endless…..
    They have no morals, they have absolutely no HR and or people skills whatsoever, there is no point in escalating complaints regarding their conduct to a higher level including those of victimization and bullying as they all lie and deny that it is happening, they bury their heads in the sand and don’t care.
    They are all incapable brain washed zombies, it’s a bit like Stepford Wives. They are brainwashed into the Manpower culture which is that of don’t give a toss about their employees as long as they are making money from them.
    Loyalty, commitment and conscientiousness mean nothing to them, they don’t care that you work every hour god sends with no overtime or that you remain committed to doing a good job for their client, even the client’s wishes and opinions take second place to their bureaucracy!
    I have never experienced anything before in my life like Manpower and would never wish to ever again.
    If you are an employer don’t even think about using Manpower to hire staff unless you want miserable, de-motivated and undervalued staff and if you are a jobseeker, don’t ever work for this company unless you are a sadist that likes a challenge.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a grip, start showing your employees some respect!

Horrific.

Production Operative (Former Employee) Oxford, England

ProsThey pay a very good hourly rate for unskilled work. A rate which most of their "employees" would not be able to earn otherwise. If you keep your mouth shut, your eyes and ears open, know your job inside out and don't take time off you will be ok. There are some nice people there and you will make good friends with people from all over the world. It can be good as a temporary place while studying or waiting for a better job.

ConsWorking on the assembly line. Each job takes less than a minute and you repeat this over and over all day long, sometimes for 13 hours. The work is physically painful, uncomfortable and stressful. If you want the toilet you have to ask like a child and they might say no or ask you what you will do in the toilet so they can work out how long you will be. You will have trouble completing your process in the required time but will be shouted at and bullied for any mistakes or failures. Certain people stroll round doing nothing while others are near exhaustion. Lots of back stabbing and squabbling. Wages are often "miscalculated" (but only in their favour) and you have to fight and argue very actively to get them corrected. Lots of unnecessary rudeness and unpleasentness. You won't be given the correct attire (whch is part of your contract) but will be shouted at for not being dressed properly. The place is run on intimidation and fear and there is a lot of bullying. They can get rid of you any time they want and they use that against you every day. Breaks are much needed but few and far between and you may have to walk a distance to your rest area, then you have to que for everything toilet, wash basin, drink, microwave, canteen... by the time you sit down it's time to go back to work. They come down on you very hard for taking time off and always question it. The union is corrupt and not worth joining. They just act as a message service for management which the employees fund, do not join. Too many bad things to say about this place and it is always getting worse because they are always looking for ways to reduce costs and increase production.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have a responsibility to your workforce and to the community you operate in. You do not fulfill that responsibility. I would gladly tell companies like BMW to get out of the country and we will find something else to do. Any time BMW feel like it they threaten to upsticks and leave so I say go and be done with it, you wouldn't get away with this behaviour in Germany.

I have had a good experience with Manpower.

Clerical Assistant (Current Employee) Tampa, FL (US)

ProsThey know you by name when you call them for anything
    They give you a personal feel, whereas other staffing agencies do not remember you.

ConsWaiting to hear back about a job. It takes a longer

Worked for Manpower? Contribute to the Community!