Manpower

Updated 25 February 2015
3.3

Manpower CEO Jonas Prising
Jonas Prising

Pros
  • not sure about others but my work/life balance was great (in 23 reviews)

• Manpower placed me in my ideal role within a great company and gave me a chance to impress (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • I heard some full time employees complained about his or her job (in 15 reviews)

• Senior management acts with a 'do as I say, don't do as I do' mentality (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

Totally fulfilling experience

Current Employee - Amazing Opportunities In Any Role to Expand
    Current Employee - Amazing Opportunities In Any Role to Expand

I have been working at Manpower

Pros

The work is varied with an internal and external focus. The teams are fantastic, hard working and fun

Cons

Long hours culture can be a bit demanding

Keep doing what you are doing its a good place to be

Giant company - Sinking ship

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I worked at Manpower full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Some genuinely talented people in the company - Nice people

Cons

Generalist - they will eventually sink with out a major specialism and they described themselves as the TITANIC in their own words... Massive sinking ship

Keep doing what you are doing.... while you still can. Market disruptors will soon destroy this business model but good luck

Temping For ManPower London

I have been working at Manpower

Pros

Not a lot really. They got me a temp role but that's where it ends. the McDonalds at Liverpooll Street station is convenient for lunch whilst you wait for ManPower to locate your files.

Cons

Unprofessional, unorganised and a free for all. An absolute disgrace of a recruitment company. They are full of empty promises, telling the temp one thing and the potential employer another. This caused unnecessary drama and stress. Myself and 3 other temps have no idea whether our contract have been extended and not one ManPower employee seems to know what's going on.

Get it together guys! You charge your clients finders fees but yet you don't know your elbow from your bottom.

Horrible company to work for avoid like the plague

I worked at Manpower full-time (less than a year)

Pros

None None None None None

Cons

Awful company to work for I had some very bad personal issues going off which I explained and they wouldn't help me by changing my shift patterns this contributed even more to my depression and I needed time off they would constantly ring me and wanted me to come in for reviews every week. They would question why my Doctor put what he did on sickness notes, they didn't even pay the correct amount of sickness pay and I had to get in touch with Inland revenue. They would put the phone down on me etc. They would also screw up your bonuses sometimes overpaying people or vice versa and late. Even head office was useless when I got them involved they didnt return phone calls has they said they would. I also was spoken to rudely and told by one member of staff that her working hours was nearly over so I had to ring the following day to resolve my pay issues however if I were to do that or any other call centre staff you would get fired for bad customer service.

Need to actually care about Health and Well-Being and not treat people like they're just a payroll number and deal with any problems

A great provider of opportunity

Current Contractor - Scientist in Wirral, England
    Current Contractor - Scientist in Wirral, England

I have been working at Manpower as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Manpower placed me in my ideal role within a great company and gave me a chance to impress. This enabled me to restart my career and opened the door to opportunities within the company I was placed.

Cons

Not very hands on once placed. Only contact was to send in my timesheets. Not sure if they would have my back if things had not gone well. I feel that this might owe more to where I was placed than Manpower itself.

Try to become more than a means to an end for contractors.

All that glitters is not gold

Former Employee - Director in London, England
    Former Employee - Director in London, England

I worked at Manpower full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Solutions that Manpower provides (alike their competitors) make economies flexible and resilient. Being part of that promise is empowering. At Experis (aka Manpower Professional) companies and exceptional talent are connected to create great opportunities.

Cons

Regional leadership fails to execute high potential strategies to protect own comfort zone creating counter productive stress and departures of talent. Senior management acts with a 'do as I say, don't do as I do' mentality.

All hands-on and inside-out sounds great, but to listen and learn, and act outside-in is where longevity lives. Don't promise what you don't to commit to. And start valuing your talent, speak with those who have left and win them back.

Good company, great values

I have been working at Manpower

Pros

Interesting company, great people with positive opportunities.

Cons

Service is suffering because of cost saving initiatives.

Get your hands dirty at ground level

Whirlwind!!

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Edinburgh, Scotland
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Edinburgh, Scotland

I have been working at Manpower full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great company, excellent brand, good business model

Cons

Pace to market (Business)
    Red Tape
    Policy & Procedures

Reduce some of the red tape and policy and procedures that are in place.

R

It's like a playground

Current Employee - Retention Adviser in Leeds, England
    Current Employee - Retention Adviser in Leeds, England

I have been working at Manpower (less than a year)

Pros

Payed on time
    Hidden in an office so you don't have to see them

Cons

Constant phone calls if you are sick even if you have already called in
    "Plans" for underachievers

Manpower uk are like a bunch of children. No one knows what the other is doing. Records of sickness etc are not kept therefore IF a disciplinary had to be taken, myself or other employees, wouldn't have a leg to stand on as they seem to hide the proof. Even when in hospital manpower constantly harassing family to tell them when I get back to work "we will have a return to work meeting" TOTALLY UNSYMPATHETIC, no common sense, show no empathy towards anyone.

Also holiday pay for 3 months hasn't been payed had to ASK to be payed and was told "sorry there was an error on system"

This company needs morals, values to follow and training in customer service
    They are purely the reason I left my job which I loved

Great autonomy and work life balance

I have been working at Manpower part-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The team I work with are amazing, fantastic skills and a good laugh. The people make the Company great, it would be a challenge for me to find another Company where the people are so focused on each other. I put in long hours when needed but have the flexibility to have a life outside work.

Cons

I love working for Manpower, but I do know that some friends have not has a positive experience when looking for work, it does depend on which colleague you speak to as to the service you get (quality varies). Also for the role I do with Manpower my salary is not comparable to the external market (it's lower!)

Concentrate on your people not just on the bottom line

Manpower Photos