Manpower Reviews

Updated 13 September 2014
3.2

Manpower CEO Jonas Prising
Jonas Prising

Pros
  • Management is very understanding about keeping the work/life balance (in 23 reviews)

• The working environment is professional (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • I heard some full time employees complained about his or her job (in 13 reviews)

• Promised permanent placement but upper management did not follow though (in 10 reviews)

More Highlights

A great provider of opportunity

Current Employee - Scientist  in  Wirral, England
    Current Employee - Scientist in Wirral, England

I have been working at Manpower as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Manpower placed me in my ideal role within a great company and gave me a chance to impress. This enabled me to restart my career and opened the door to opportunities within the company I was placed.

Cons

Not very hands on once placed. Only contact was to send in my timesheets. Not sure if they would have my back if things had not gone well. I feel that this might owe more to where I was placed than Manpower itself.

Try to become more than a means to an end for contractors.

All that glitters is not gold

Former Employee - Director  in  London, England
    Former Employee - Director in London, England

I worked at Manpower full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Solutions that Manpower provides (alike their competitors) make economies flexible and resilient. Being part of that promise is empowering. At Experis (aka Manpower Professional) companies and exceptional talent are connected to create great opportunities.

Cons

Regional leadership fails to execute high potential strategies to protect own comfort zone creating counter productive stress and departures of talent. Senior management acts with a 'do as I say, don't do as I do' mentality.

All hands-on and inside-out sounds great, but to listen and learn, and act outside-in is where longevity lives. Don't promise what you don't to commit to. And start valuing your talent, speak with those who have left and win them back.

Good company, great values

I have been working at Manpower

Pros

Interesting company, great people with positive opportunities.

Cons

Service is suffering because of cost saving initiatives.

Get your hands dirty at ground level

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Second to none, great company and great colleagues, well looked after.

Current Employee - Permanent Recruitment Consultant  in  Darlington, North East England, England
    Current Employee - Permanent Recruitment Consultant in Darlington, North East England, England

I have been working at Manpower full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

On site support and training, great job opportunities and personal development, comparable salary but attractive benefits.

Cons

Competition and generally the local economy

More incentives

Whirlwind!!

Current Employee - Branch Manager  in  Edinburgh, Scotland
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Edinburgh, Scotland

I have been working at Manpower full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great company, excellent brand, good business model

Cons

Pace to market (Business)
    Red Tape
    Policy & Procedures

Reduce some of the red tape and policy and procedures that are in place.

R

Great development opportunities to further career, learnt a lot from Managers and colleagues

Current Employee - Consultant  in  Darlington, North East England, England
    Current Employee - Consultant in Darlington, North East England, England

I have been working at Manpower full-time for more than a year

Pros

1. Friendly and helpful colleagues
    2. Great training and advice from all management levels
    3. Competitive salary + bonus
    4. Regular reviews
    5. Brilliant experiences with different clients

Cons

Redeploying flexible workers into alternate vacancies

It's like a playground

Current Employee - Retention Adviser  in  Leeds, England
    Current Employee - Retention Adviser in Leeds, England

I have been working at Manpower for less than a year

Pros

Payed on time
    Hidden in an office so you don't have to see them

Cons

Constant phone calls if you are sick even if you have already called in
    "Plans" for underachievers

Manpower uk are like a bunch of children. No one knows what the other is doing. Records of sickness etc are not kept therefore IF a disciplinary had to be taken, myself or other employees, wouldn't have a leg to stand on as they seem to hide the proof. Even when in hospital manpower constantly harassing family to tell them when I get back to work "we will have a return to work meeting" TOTALLY UNSYMPATHETIC, no common sense, show no empathy towards anyone.

Also holiday pay for 3 months hasn't been payed had to ASK to be payed and was told "sorry there was an error on system"

This company needs morals, values to follow and training in customer service
    They are purely the reason I left my job which I loved

Great autonomy and work life balance

I have been working at Manpower part-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The team I work with are amazing, fantastic skills and a good laugh. The people make the Company great, it would be a challenge for me to find another Company where the people are so focused on each other. I put in long hours when needed but have the flexibility to have a life outside work.

Cons

I love working for Manpower, but I do know that some friends have not has a positive experience when looking for work, it does depend on which colleague you speak to as to the service you get (quality varies). Also for the role I do with Manpower my salary is not comparable to the external market (it's lower!)

Concentrate on your people not just on the bottom line

A great company to work for when you put the effort in

I have been working at Manpower full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great work life balance
    Excellent career opportunities for those who stretch themseves to acheive development
    Excellent access to senior managenent / board directors
    Strong focus on ethical approach to employing people - temporary or permanent
    Senior management stablity - 3 CEO's in 20 years, how many multinationals can say that?

Cons

Can be a big ship to turn
    Benefits package for new starters needs a refresh

Don't just listen to the feedback that's given by employees every year - act upon it

The worst company I have worked for ever

I worked at Manpower

Pros

There are no pros at all

Cons

Poor pay, bad management, appalling treatment of staff.
    Manpower is the worst company I have ever had the displeasure of working for in my thirty year working history. They are appalling, despicable, disgusting lying, bullying, victimising manipulating, unethical, revolting; repulsive, vile, offensive and sickening I could go on the words to describe this company are endless…..
    They have no morals, they have absolutely no HR and or people skills whatsoever, there is no point in escalating complaints regarding their conduct to a higher level including those of victimization and bullying as they all lie and deny that it is happening, they bury their heads in the sand and don’t care.
    They are all incapable brain washed zombies, it’s a bit like Stepford Wives. They are brainwashed into the Manpower culture which is that of don’t give a toss about their employees as long as they are making money from them.
    Loyalty, commitment and conscientiousness mean nothing to them, they don’t care that you work every hour god sends with no overtime or that you remain committed to doing a good job for their client, even the client’s wishes and opinions take second place to their bureaucracy!
    I have never experienced anything before in my life like Manpower and would never wish to ever again.
    If you are an employer don’t even think about using Manpower to hire staff unless you want miserable, de-motivated and undervalued staff and if you are a jobseeker, don’t ever work for this company unless you are a sadist that likes a challenge.

Get a grip, start showing your employees some respect!

Worked for Manpower? Contribute to the Community!