Market Strategies International

Market Strategies International CEO Rob Stone
Rob Stone

1. Great place to work

I have been working at Market Strategies International

Pros

This is a company that really puts effort into hiring good people and teaching them how to be great researchers. They really train you to do well in your current position and help you understand how to get to the next level. They hire out of good programs and help those hired in grow through their career with the company. I have had good managers and I think leadership is doing a good job in a tough market. I have never worked at a place that values their employees and the work they do more than this company.

Cons

Benefits aren't great now but hopefully will improve in the next year or so.

Advice to Management

Continue to offer positive feedback and recognition for good work and listen to your employees. A good work environment goes a long way in encouraging people to do their best work possible. Continue to find new training opportunities to help analysts increase their technical skills and RMs to improve in their day-to-day management skills.

2. Oh you want a career path?

I worked at Market Strategies International full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Some of the client managers are great to work with and truly care about your career path.

Cons

Very political environment, the Tech analyst managers are always looking to praise themselves, instead of doing what is best for the greater good. You will work long hours, get underpaid, and no recognition.

Advice to Management

Do not discourage employees to have big dreams and take interest in your direct reports personal career goals and help provide guidance on how to make it to the next step in your career path. Treat the analyst the same way as a client because as of lately you can't keep a happy employee, without happy employees you will not have the staff to get the client work completed.

3. Great teamwork

I have been working at Market Strategies International

Pros

This company is full of a lot of hard working people. Employees are treated like adults and are expected to get their jobs done. Great teamwork, lots of people willing to help and advise. Some really phenomenal leaders.

Cons

There are a few tough personalities and the benefits could be better.

Advice to Management

Continue weeding out those who don't fit or detract from others being able to do their jobs. Continue to refine ISO processes.

5. Just meh....

Former Intern - Analytis in Livonia, MI (US)
    Former Intern - Analytis in Livonia, MI (US)

I worked at Market Strategies International as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The managers are very nice, they're usually okay with working remotely, and everyone is pretty flexible. The people there are normally friendly.

Cons

No career paths really exist here. It seemed like I would always be doing the same thing no matter what I did. Market Strategies doesn't really strive to develop talent or their employees and the turnover rate seemed to be very high. A great deal of the work is farmed out to other companies, and they would farm out even more if they could.

Advice to Management

Stop focusing on the "One Company" mantra and start developing real career paths and find ways to build your employees skills. As it stands now, the workshops you have don't really serve any purpose. Of all the workshops I went to in my time at Market Strategies only 1 had any real value.

6. Okay part-time gig

Current Employee - Telephone Interviewer in Nashville, TN (US)
    Current Employee - Telephone Interviewer in Nashville, TN (US)

I have been working at Market Strategies International

Pros

Very flexible shifts available with the option to choose the times you come in and leave (note that if you change your schedule, you must work that schedule for at least 30 days before changing it again if you need to; Provides paid training; positive work culture with fun supervisors (some) and co-workers; while a part-time position, they offer the ability to come in and work hours you are not scheduled for based on client needs and hours available; Promotion opportunities made available; Open door policy with all management

Cons

Low pay ($8, which goes to $8.75 after completing the 90 day probation period and .75 cent raises available after each year); Trainers/Supervisors not all trained to be or qualified to be in management and leadership positions; paid training provided but the curriculum contains many flaws; not allowed to use cell phone in down time (between calls as its an automated system that dials the numbers for you but has 1 to 2 minute delays between calls/ you can doodle and work in crossword puzzle/Sudoku books but cant read from actual books in between calls, which I find strange because I'm a big reader.

Advice to Management

Allow for employees to submit their comments and suggestions (anonymously if needed) and follow through with the suggestions; further develop the training curriculum so that it's not so dull and more interactive instead of requiring us to read the manuals from cover to cover

7. Frustrating -- no paths available

I have been working at Market Strategies International

Pros

It's pretty flexible in terms of when you can work. Nobody is looking over your shoulder. Also, the vacation benefit is good. Depending on your manager, you can also have more agency to do what you want to do in your area of interest.

Cons

There is no commitment to helping employees progress along a path towards their desired career path. The whole philosophy is for you to optimize your current position. Talent is bought not developed. Do develop your own talent, you have to go rogue and do it under the radar.

Advice to Management

Take off your blinders to see the talent you have right under your noses and stop buying high level executive 'talent' who then prove to not be talented enough to aid your business.

Do you like working unpaid overtime because we'd like you to work unpaid overtime

Former Employee - Analyst
    Former Employee - Analyst

I worked at Market Strategies International full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Average pay and a remote chance you could learn a variety of skills (but be advised you have to act as your own advocate to make this happen) could make this an ideal first job or transition gig.

Cons

At some point on a sinking ship you will start to be overtaken by a sense of helplessness and dread. Wouldn't be so bad if the RX coverage was better.

Advice to Management

There's no speaking truth to power because why would power bother to listen to anyone outside the powerful?

Descent pat-time job

I have been working at Market Strategies International

Pros

fast-paced, independent, and well organized

Cons

my main issue was that it is part-time

10. I love it here.

Current Employee - Interviewer in Nashville, TN (US)
    Current Employee - Interviewer in Nashville, TN (US)

I have been working at Market Strategies International part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone is super nice and the job is fun, it has very flexible hours and right now is offering full time hours! I think that everyone should give it a go! You won't regret it one bit. People are very considerate and it does offer room to grow... pay raise after 90 days = 75 cents.

Cons

Pay starts out at 8 bucks an hour wish it was better compensation. I dont see this as being bad as it weeds out the baddies:)

11. Solid experience but little potential to grow within company.

Former Employee - Research Associate in Livonia, MI (US)
    Former Employee - Research Associate in Livonia, MI (US)

I worked at Market Strategies International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule, ability to take on new tasks and responsibility to gain a variety of experiences, ability to work from home, good location and nice work spaces.

Cons

Inability to grow within company unless there is a position open to apply for (difficult for certain career paths), top heavy, little direction from upper management, underpaid workers.

Advice to Management

Appreciate the good employees and reward them while they are still around. Many have already left so it's probably too late now.

Market Strategies International Photos