Marriott

Updated Jul 30, 2014

3.6 1,218 reviews

Marriott President & CEO Arne Sorenson

Arne Sorenson

Pros
  • Marriott really focuses on a good work-life balance (in 32 reviews)

• Great benefits such as steeply discounted hotel rooms when traveling (in 68 reviews)

Cons
  • Work Life Balance went away with the re-organization of the sales department (in 38 reviews)

• Some times the demands to work long hours proves to be a burden to associates family members (in 63 reviews)

More Highlights
1,218 Employee Reviews

I enjoy the multi-faceted approach to customer service from the interview process through to the guest follow up!

ProsGreat Staff through out the whole Hotel. Great holidays and good teamwork. It is great to learn that senior management take an interest in the day to day operations.

ConsThere can be a lot of difficult processes to be overcome. Salary is not amazing. You can not always get what you want, the bigger picture must be realized.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep communicating, keep checking, keep training and keep up on the positive work :)

Good but salary below average

Sales & Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) London, England

ProsGood training, good culture, good induction program

ConsSalary really low, lack of systems management in the UK, eCommerce procedures are very slow (to update something in the website it takes really long time)

Advice to Senior ManagementShould consider to increase the complete annual package

poor working conditions

Prosthere were none, I did not learn a thing and felt undervalued

Consdo not value staff, management are rude, it was very low pay

Advice to Senior Managementrespect staff more

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Rewarding

Receptionist (Current Employee) London, England

ProsCareer growth, amazing opportunities inside the company, great team

ConsIt could be more payable

Advice to Senior ManagementMore trainings

Great for a university student who wants an easy job but have to work lots of hours!

Navigator (Former Employee) Manchester, England

ProsGood pay for a student job. Management very helpful and understanding of other commitments.

Conscan include long hours. early mornings/ late evenings etc

Advice to Senior Managementneed a better system on handling cash. Till systems needs updating too

It has been more than exceptional

Bar Associate (Current Employee) Manchester, England

ProsI especially all the systematic work culture

ConsThere is a communication gap between the management and associates

Advice to Senior ManagementShare with associates

Great company

Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) London, England

ProsThe people I worked with were great, the mojority would do anything to help if needed. There were loads of opportunities for training and to gain extra skills. The benefits were great. I thoroughly enjoyed working there!

ConsCan't think of any worth mentioning to be honest, they are not perfect no one company is.

No career opportunities for experienced and hard workers

Manager (Current Employee) Heathrow, England

ProsFlexible rota, free parking, nice uniform, staff rate discounts, nice people around to work with

ConsNo opportunities for experienced, promotions only for who knows whom, drag & drop promotions, senior management oblivious to staff needs, cheeky methods to spy employees, rules applied on as and when basis, procedures change when GM & Dir Ops change , HR practically un functional

Advice to Senior ManagementRead employee performance reviews ESP HR director, know employees personally, take personal interest in their development, there are other people around rather than graduates and the ones close to your hearts, don't change rules to suit your management style but follow Marriott handbook, improve staff food, give experienced employees opportunity to excel, stop spying on staff and managers, treat all customers equally and not on personal terms, race, origin,

good training but less salary and benefits

Receptionist (Former Employee) London, England

Prosvery good training, nice team, fast progress within the hotel, possibilities of transfering even between the different brands (JW Marriott, Ritz, etc)

Consless salary, less benefits (the staff rates for hotels are to high), transfer between hotels is more difficult than they tell you while starting,

Best job ever

Marriott (Former Employee) London, England

ProsThe management team is great, good salary, good environment, beautifu ocations. It is a dream come true to work for a company like this. All your efforts will be greatly appreciated, if you do your best in order to achieve company's goals and targets.

ConsShort break, there weren't other cons.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep working this way, as usual- your actions are always crowned with success.

Worked for Marriott? Contribute to the Community!