Masco

Masco Reviews

Updated Apr 02, 2014

Masco President, CEO, and Director Tim Wadhams

Tim Wadhams

A hugely ethical company that is interested in the people

I have been working at Masco

ProsLearning and Development opportunities have been way beyond expectation, even in an economic downturn, the focus on continuous improvement will have placed MASCO in an extraordinary position when housing starts begin to climb in both the US and Europe

Conscan't think of any, this company has been the best I have worked for

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what your doing

Great company to work for.

Retail Business Analyst (Current Employee)
North Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at Masco full-time for more than a year

ProsThe company culture is laid back. They believe in work life balance. Masco offers plenty of vacation time for the holidays so that you won't have to use your own vacation time to spend with family and friends.

ConsDepending on what division you work there are limited opportunities for advancement.

OK entry level......but that's it!

I have been working at Masco

ProsEasy job. Product training and merchandising in Lowe's stores. Little to no supervision!

ConsAdvancement is almost impossible. Many days of just hanging out with no work to do.

Tax Accountant

Tax (Former Employee)

I worked at Masco full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat people, excellent environment, Company emphasized on maintaining healthy life style.

ConsUnfortunately there is a lot favoritism not necessary to all of the department, in my situation there was. other than that a great company.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease value loyalty, and be patience with new hired, train them well, great foundation will help. Focus on developing employees for the long run, and look for favoritism

My internship here has been great and would love to come back in the future.

Tax Intern (Current Employee)
Taylor, MI (US)

I have been working at Masco as an intern for less than a year

ProsSubsidized food and drinks, so awesome cheap food. Benefits, pay and work life balance even as an intern are great. Managers actually care about staff development. Opportunities to grow and learn new things on the job. Can rotate departments for additional internship experience.

ConsWork is often repetitive and down time from work has to be filled with busy work that doesn't develop many skill sets.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing, I love the atmosphere and the people.

thoughtful

Analyst (Current Employee)
Columbus, OH (US)

I have been working at Masco full-time for more than 8 years

Prospay is comparable to others

Consno experience of downside. just needed something closer

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Tax Accountant

Tax Accountant (Former Employee)

I worked at Masco full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat people to work with!

ConsJob stability is affected by the connections you have with people from the company.

Changing

Account Manager (Former Employee)
Dallas, TX (US)

I worked at Masco full-time for more than a year

ProsStrong organization with strong Brand Recognition. Marketing in the industry is 2nd to none.

ConsThe organization was merging 3 different company's into a single company. Each individual company had it's own processes and policies. You have to be prepared for constant ongoing change and product supply issues. May layoffs due to economy.

Advice to Senior ManagementPrepare and guide employees through changes. Helpful for communicating to customer and managing their expectations.

Field Rep

Field Representative (Current Employee)
Mooresville, NC (US)

I have been working at Masco full-time for more than 8 years

ProsFlexability of the job. Not having a boss hanging over your shoulder. Work at different locations each day of the week.
Different Projects every month.
Meet new people all of the time. Busy Work.
Provides company car
Wonderful benefits.
Pay is OK, Better then most third party agenies
Bonus Potential
Wellness Program

ConsUpper management is disconnected from the field. There seems to be a disconnect from the office staff and the field. Communcation with management is lacking. Stories are not the same across the country. There is not a team feeling, but we are told that we are to work as a team.
Work comes home with you every day. Time each day spent on computer at your own time. You have to be really organized to ballance work with home life.
There is alot of off the clock work. Field feels micro managed.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't micro manage the field. Allow more admin time to get things done. Work to allow advancemnets for the field for those that want to move up. Regional Managers are over worked, add another layer of managment to help the field feel more like a team.

Very week on implementation & no clear vision

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Masco full-time for more than 3 years

ProsDecent benefits.
Fair wages.
I loved the people I worked directly with. There are a lot of talented people that work hard and truly want to see the company succeed.
Their inefficiencies are probably not uncommon in large holding companies

ConsMasco failed many years ago to set a course to win through innovation and change when the economy was starting to go south. Instead it seems that they scaled back, and are waiting for business to come back - and it is not going to. Inaction will be their true failure.

On-boarding process is terrible - no company background, no clarity on how your role fits into the bigger picture.

For me personally there was lots of overtime put in (nights and weekends), a lot of travel, and no policy for comp time.

Unlike other large corporations I have worked for, there is no clear vision, or message for how the company wants to grow and win.

Although many play in the same space, the business units do not communicate with each other, share learning, or partner to create bigger wins - this creates doubling of efforts, waters down brands, and shows weakness to retailers.

You can be at this company for years any not have awareness of what corporate services are available, what businesses Masco owns, or what research & development projects are in the works.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate a clear vision for all Masco employees. Force collaboration between businesses to create one pipeline for products and service offerings. Create clear brand differentiation with your many competing brands.

Worked for Masco? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Masco reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Masco CEO Tim Wadhams. All 36 reviews are posted anonymously by Masco employees.