MasterCard

MasterCard Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

MasterCard President and CEO Ajay Banga

Ajay Banga

Pros
  • The company also has a great culture and most of its employees try to have a good work-life balance(in 39 reviews)

• Good benefits, good pay, good global exposure but still very beaurocratic and "meeting heavy"(in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • Forget about work life balance that they preach on paper but do not put in practice(in 9 reviews)

• There is a barrier with middle management - the top is visible and engaged but info stops in the middle(in 9 reviews)

New to MasterCard

Senior Professional, Financial Systems (Current Employee) London, England

ProsVery professional
    Colleagues are very friendly, approachable and helpful
    Objectives set for me on day 1 with an induction plan organised
    Highly supportive line manager
    Senior dept manager very visible and approachable

ConsNo cons to comment on

Advice to Senior ManagementNone so far. All in all a very positive experience for me in my first two weeks.
    Any rating provided by me is done so on the basis that I have only been here 1.5 weeks so unable to fully evalute certain areas such as Career Opportunities

A lot of good ideas but not much when it comes to action

Product Specialist (Current Employee) London, England

ProsGreat work life balance, no one at the office after 7pm

ConsMoves very slowly, HR not very reactive

Jun 30, 2014

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and experience!

Relaxed culture, not many opportunities for advancement

Prosdecent work life balance
    possibility to work from home
    friendly people

Consno coaching
    "old" company
    no upward mobility
    bonuses are a joke

Advice to Senior Managementfire half the people and establish a real performance driven culture with clear performance goals and significant bonuses

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Genuinely nice people

Business Leader (Former Employee) London, England

ProsSmart, professional and friendly people. Interesting projects.

ConsNot many processes - at times an advantage as no obstacles to decisions, but sometimes it was a hindrance.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed better alignment and processes between teams and regions.

It was a great brand but wasn't great for me

Relationship Manager (Former Employee) London, England

ProsGreat Brand global reach, lots of international scope

ConsThings changing very fast that you have to keep up!

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at training and development plans from day one.

Leader

Leader (Current Employee) London, England

ProsGreat career opportunities, great senior management. Hungry for innovation and good outlook for growth in the international markets.

ConsHard to move laterally and vertically. Must network to overcome this.

Good Company

Consultant (Current Employee) O'Fallon, MO (US)

ProsFast Paced, Good work environment, if you work hard you get rewarded. Good tuition reimbursement, pays for certifications and training.

ConsYou may have to work overtime, not everyone works hard.

Jul 22, 2014

Thanks for your review - we are happy that you gave some insight into our culture!

Outstanding culture that drives maximizing employee capabilities

ProsSupportive and progressive culture that drives employees to maximize their capabilities and contributions. Less of the political culture found in other organizations which lends itself better to success. There is a reason it is viewed as one of the best places to work.

ConsThere is a pace that can be heightened as far as delivery of solutions, but a solution is provided. Can increase the cross communication between business and an ease of corporate navigation can be improved.

Jul 24, 2014

Thanks so much for your review - investing in our employees is a critical focus area...

Excellent company with a dynamic CEO who has led the company thru significant growth and positive cultural change.

Vice President Senior Business Leader (Current Employee) Purchase, NY (US)

ProsSolid business model with focus on innovation, emerging markets, financial inclusion, merchants, goverments, issuers and consumers.

ConsOverall, excellent place to work, but sometimes organization is hard to navigate despite being relatively small with 8,000 employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to focus on innovation, emerging markets, financial inclusion, merchants, goverments, issuers and consumers.

Jul 22, 2014

Thanks for your comprehensive and positive review - an insider perspective is valuable!

About the job...

Account Management (Current Employee)

ProsI find a great live/work balance here at MasterCard; I start early and end early...usually 7AM - 4PM. The benefits are top notch with access to a gym and great medical and the company is doing very well overall.

ConsOn the down side, there is a lot of structure that come along with a bigger, public company...meaning lots of red-tape and reporting to managers.

Jul 22, 2014

People join Cultures..great tips from an insider - thanks!

Worked for MasterCard? Contribute to the Community!