Maverick USA

Updated Jun 17, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Steve Williams

This is a wonderful company to work for. One of the few places left who look out to their drivers.

Fleet Manager (Current Employee) North Little Rock, AR (US)

ProsFrom their state of the art facilities for training, to the innovative truck technologies implemented, Maverick provides all the tools to give you a rewarding career.

ConsNot a broad offering of services. Specialized, flatbed, temperature control only.

Great company to work for

Truck Driver (Current Employee) North Little Rock, AR (US)

ProsThe company treats you well and the pay is above average for a trucking company. The company offers a great training program and they do set the bar high for new hires.

ConsThey are an OTR company so expect to be away from home for long periods of time. You can expect to be home from every weekend to every three weeks depending on the division you choose.

awesome training

Driver Glass Div (Former Employee)

ProsWorked in the Glass Div., Its easy work.

ConsI'm not working there, had a problem with the truck

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A great transportation company! Pay is very good, home on weekends, professional.

Commercial Driver (Former Employee) North Little Rock, AR (US)

ProsMaverick takes care of its drivers who work for them. Pay is above average. Benefits are very good. Fleet-managers are easy to work with. Equipment is well maintained. They are on their game!!!

ConsSometimes, you may not be able to go home on a weekend, but this is very rare. Tarp pay needs to be increased. Maverick needs to crack down a little more on companies that make its drivers wait too long to be loaded; 3 hours is ridiculous!

Advice to Senior ManagementCrack down on companies who take ALL 3 HOURS to load a Maverick flat-bed truck; no excuse for it!!! Increase tarp pay; Tarping in 10 degree weather is no fun!

Good, bad and ugly.

Maintenance Coordinator (Former Employee)

ProsThere are some great people who work there and will help you as much as possible. If you're a truck driver, their training is out of this world and that's no joke. Mr. Williams is an brilliant and excellent business man with a great love for trucking.

ConsMaverick is a very tight knit organization and they seem to keep some individuals longer than they should. I believe in a business, it should be based on numbers and quality of work, not who you know.

Advice to Senior ManagementI am a former employee who had better than average numbers and for some reason (that I wasn't explained) I was fired. I loved my time a Maverick and wish it hadn't abruptly ended, but I suppose that's the way it is. If given an opportunity, I would defiantly work for you again, just in a different department.

Great Jumping off point

Driver (Former Employee) Little Rock, AR (US)

ProsThis was the first trucking job I had and they trained me well, kept me running, and paid me promptly. The trucks and the dispatchers were top notch as well.

ConsSame as any trucking company. Long times away from my family. I took a local trucking job as soon as I could

Advice to Senior ManagementGood stuff

Overall Satisfaction

ProsAs an IC driver, the schedule is flexible and hometime is reasonable.

ConsSometimes feel pressure to take less than average paying freight.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to work toward maximum home time and utilize more 'pre-loads' for better efficiency.

If you get a good Fleet Manager you will like it.

Driver (Current Employee)

ProsMaverick will get you miles and keep you moving. They train you right. They pay you for all miles driven empty or full. Have newer trucks all automatics. Promise you Christmas at home. They will try to get you home on weekends.

ConsIt's all about "policy" and do they have some that keep changing. The freight is slowing so be prepared to see "changes" coming. Fuel mileage bonus if you want to sleep in a cold or hot truck all the time. Every Monday delivery has to be delivered by 10 a.m. regarless if you just got home on Saturday nite and must leave on Sunday to deliver by Monday. Fleet Managers are good and bad hope you get one that has at least driven a truck before. You are a truck number and trailer number and it's about the truck moving and making money, although they say it's about the driver, sorry it's not.

Advice to Senior ManagementTeach your Fleet Managers to get to "really" know their drivers and "Where" they live so you can coordinate the drivers home time and family needs.

Maverick is the best Flatbed employer.

OTR Driver (Former Employee) North Little Rock, AR (US)

ProsThey try to get you home every weekend. .

ConsFlatbed is hard, dirty work not for lazy people. The steel and building industry are slow so freight slowed to a level I needed to find other work in another commodity.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen freight is slow, DONT keep hiring people.

Worked for Maverick USA? Contribute to the Community!