MediaMath

MediaMath Reviews

Updated Jul 20, 2014

MediaMath CEO Joe Zawadzki

Joe Zawadzki

Pros
  • MediaMath hires really smart people and challenges them every day(in 9 reviews)

• Best work/life balance of any company I've worked for(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Since the company is growing and has a limited amount of space, desk sizes are somewhat tiny(in 9 reviews)

• We're short on conference rooms and desks, which is frustrating at times(in 3 reviews)

The perfect company!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) London, England

ProsMediamath really looks after its employees - to the point where one could even call it "pampering." The perks are endless, from free lunch to massages. The office is constantly buzzing with high energy. Everyone is excited by MediaMath's vision and is equally passionate about transforming the landscape of digital marketing. It's such a joy working for a company that is growing at an exponential rate on a global scale, as opposed to a company constantly having to lay off employees, like so many industries today.

ConsDefinitely fast paced and a lot to constantly keep up with - but that's the whole industry, really.

Amazing place to work

Pros- Incredibly smart people, collaborative environment.
    - Positive vibe in the office.
    - Employee-centric company. Really make an effort to show their employees they care, whether it be the benefits, activities, food, etc.
    - Employees are constantly asked for their input and feedback on many things, results are presented company-wide - whether they be negative or positive.
    - Excellent work-life balance - Working hours are less than most other places (9-5 with an hour for lunch).

Cons- Nothing I can currently think of.

Advice to Senior ManagementRealize that the way the company is currently being run (employee-centric) is the way to go, and find ways to keep improving upon it so that the company grows to be as amazing as it is now.

Love working here!

Developer (Current Employee) London, England

ProsTop bunch of people. Everyone is young but incredibly talented!

ConsI cant think of anything!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fast-paced and friendly with a start-up feel.

Director, Platform Solutions (Current Employee) London, England

ProsFast-paced, friendly, knowledgeable and dedicated team. Good work ethic and a real focus on getting the best out of its employees. There don't seem to be any hidden agendas and transparency, along with doing what's best for clients seem to be a very big part of the culture.

ConsTraining for new starters could be improved, since some of these individuals will be responsible for demonstrating the technology to clients. This would save time waiting for these employees to get up to speed before allowing them to go in front of clients. This is changing slowly however.

Advice to Senior ManagementInternal training needs to be more formalised to ensure consistent knowledge and platform levels across the service based team.

MediaMath is a wonderful place to learn, grow, and advance.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) London, England

ProsFast moving, fast growing, thought leaders, expanding across clients and markets. This is an epicenter of digital growth -- if you want to learn about and work within the future of digital advertising, this is the place to be. It's a thrilling industry to work in and MediaMath is a great place to work within it.

ConsIf you are not someone who works well in high-growth, fast paced environments, this is not the place to be.

Truly an amazing company to work for. Exciting and fast-growing!!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsMediaMath seems to be growing at an extremely fast pace, which is great for the company overall. The atmosphere at MediaMath is exciting. Everyone who works here is intelligent, hard working and collaborative. It is a great feeling to know you're working for a company that is number 1 in the industry. Very generous benefits and perks. The work-life balance is truly extraordinary.

ConsDue to such rapid growth, larger facilities will eventually be necessary - but seems they've already planned ahead and figured it out!

Fun, fast-paced environment filled with lots of opportunity

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsThis is one of the very few companies nowadays where you can see an immediate impact of your contributions. Everyone and everything moves very quickly and things actually get done. The company is growing every week and it's exciting to be part of that. It's no wonder the survey results show that people are proud to work here - everyone seem happy to be at work.

The hours are very flexible, with the motto of "get your job done" - it isn't about face-time as much as it is about getting things done quickly and efficiently. Everyone is really smart and is working towards a common goal. Collaboration is a huge part of the organization, so if you prefer to work alone all the time, this may not be the place for you. Additionally, you can easily grow and have lots of opportunity to grow, learn, and move within the company.

Perks - chair massages, manicures, snacks all the time, lunches many times, bagel fridays, lots of various events in every office, regardless if you're in Chicago, California, Cambridge, NY, or in other parts of the world. The company tries to do the same thing in every location so no one feels like they're not part of the org. They're also very family-friendly/family-oriented and have a wall of "MathBabies" which is really cute. There are bring-your-child to work days, with even little kids showing up.

ConsSince the company has grown so quickly, there are some process that need to be put in place that may not have been necessary before, but that's being done.

If you're not prepared to work hard, and just want a 9-5 job, this place isn't for you.

Great place to work

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Cambridge, MA (US)

ProsPeople are smart and nice. Efficient and well-organized working processes. Free climate. Flexible working time. I live far so I'm allowed to work from home two days a week. And my working time on commuter trains are counted. Good compensation. Emails are only used for important announcements or system generated notifications. Most of communications are done via instance messaging in the chat room, which saves tons of time.

ConsNot really. I'm really satisfied.

Expect the unexpected

ProsThe current space is tight as other people have mentioned but the new space is literally the best workspace I have ever worked in. Every detail was carefully thought out and optimized for the type of task work that my department handles frequently and I really couldn't be happier.

Sideways mobility is very real here. I've personally seen several people successfully switch roles and in some cases entire departments to great effect. This is the only company i have worked at that has really made this a successful reality and not something that looks good on paper.

Conscomp is a bit below industry average, but is in many ways offset by sideways mobility that you cant find at most companies.

Advice to Senior ManagementUnlimited PTO while it sounds awesome in practice can be challenging in the actual implementation as many people in the current working culture (not just this company) feel guilty about taking time to begin with.

Fast paced, exciting company

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsIncredibly smart people, really pushing for the best and changing the industry in so many ways. Work produced really feels like it is making a direct impact in the company and lots of positive and constructive feedback.

ConsThe pace is very fast, but that brings part of the excitement. Can be stressful, but after a long week it is great to look back at all that has been done.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the pace but continue to support staff with the fast growth of the company.

Worked for MediaMath? Contribute to the Community!