MediaMath Reviews

Updated 22 October 2014
4.5

MediaMath CEO Joe Zawadzki
Joe Zawadzki

Pros
  • Excellent work-life balance - Working hours are less than most other places (9-5 with an hour for lunch) (in 8 reviews)

• Very diverse work environment, people are treated fairly and respectfully regardless of gender or ethnic background (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • The company is growing extremely fast, larger facilities will eventually be needed (in 9 reviews)

• Definitely fast paced and a lot to constantly keep up with - but that's the whole industry, really (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Constantly learning in an ever-evolving industry

I have been working at MediaMath full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The people, technology and culture! Its an exciting industry to be part of, theres a constant buzz and the people are great. Excellent benefits and there's a clear path to progression.

Cons

As the company expands, there have been some changes including the implementation of new processes. This is expected however and hasn't really caused any issues.

Keep up the great work! As the company grows it will become ever more important to retain the great culture.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in London, England
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in London, England

I have been working at MediaMath full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I work as a backend programmer for MediaMath London and I have to admit this is probably the best place I've ever worked. Lots of opportunities, very genuine hard working people. All the trappings associates with a tech startup... arcade machines, free food, free beer, LAN parties etc.

I've also found that in the last year I've been really encouraged to adopt new technologies (new for me) such as GO programming.

Cons

Hmmm... I've put on a lot of weight since joining :)

Keep it up!

The perfect company!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at MediaMath as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Mediamath really looks after its employees - to the point where one could even call it "pampering." The perks are endless, from free lunch to massages. The office is constantly buzzing with high energy. Everyone is excited by MediaMath's vision and is equally passionate about transforming the landscape of digital marketing. It's such a joy working for a company that is growing at an exponential rate on a global scale, as opposed to a company constantly having to lay off employees, like so many industries today.

Cons

Definitely fast paced and a lot to constantly keep up with - but that's the whole industry, really.

Amazing place to work

I have been working at MediaMath full-time

Pros

- Incredibly smart people, collaborative environment.
    - Positive vibe in the office.
    - Employee-centric company. Really make an effort to show their employees they care, whether it be the benefits, activities, food, etc.
    - Employees are constantly asked for their input and feedback on many things, results are presented company-wide - whether they be negative or positive.
    - Excellent work-life balance - Working hours are less than most other places (9-5 with an hour for lunch).

Cons

- Nothing I can currently think of.

Realize that the way the company is currently being run (employee-centric) is the way to go, and find ways to keep improving upon it so that the company grows to be as amazing as it is now.

Love working here!

Current Employee - Developer in London, England
    Current Employee - Developer in London, England

I have been working at MediaMath full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Top bunch of people. Everyone is young but incredibly talented!

Cons

I cant think of anything!

Fast-paced and friendly with a start-up feel.

Current Employee - Director, Platform Solutions in London, England
    Current Employee - Director, Platform Solutions in London, England

I have been working at MediaMath full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Fast-paced, friendly, knowledgeable and dedicated team. Good work ethic and a real focus on getting the best out of its employees. There don't seem to be any hidden agendas and transparency, along with doing what's best for clients seem to be a very big part of the culture.

Cons

Training for new starters could be improved, since some of these individuals will be responsible for demonstrating the technology to clients. This would save time waiting for these employees to get up to speed before allowing them to go in front of clients. This is changing slowly however.

Internal training needs to be more formalised to ensure consistent knowledge and platform levels across the service based team.

MediaMath is a wonderful place to learn, grow, and advance.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at MediaMath full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fast moving, fast growing, thought leaders, expanding across clients and markets. This is an epicenter of digital growth -- if you want to learn about and work within the future of digital advertising, this is the place to be. It's a thrilling industry to work in and MediaMath is a great place to work within it.

Cons

If you are not someone who works well in high-growth, fast paced environments, this is not the place to be.

Mostly positive experience working here but not without its flaws

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at MediaMath full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Bright, talented, and motivated employees. You will learn a lot from the other people who work here if you make the effort to do so. It's generally easy to make things happen with little in the way of bureaucracy and to make your voice heard by your manager or your colleagues. Flexible working hours and what ultimately matters is getting the job done. Unlimited paid time off is nice in theory although I haven't made much use of it in practice. Free weekly massages are awesome. Abundant free food and beverages. Fun social events and many other efforts to integrate employees into company life.

Cons

Compensation is the biggest concern as it is below that of competitors in the industry and certainly below average in the broader technology sector. The culture and working environment is so positive that the consequences on employee attrition have been pretty minimal, but it has been and will continue to be an issue. Not all employees embody the collaborative spirit that we aspire to and can be difficult to work with or completely non-responsive.
    I know of at least one employee who is a poor performer and not well-regarded by peers who has worked here for a long time and received promotions purely through their personal relationships with senior management.
    For my functional role here, my learning curve has flattened considerably since earlier in my time here and it's unclear what are my career development prospects if I stay with my current group.

Spend more time paying attention to employee concerns around compensation and benefits. Paying below market is better for the company's bottom line but you will be losing good people in the long run if it doesn't change. Figure out who contributes to the company's goals and reward them, figure out who adds no value or is actively detrimental and put them on notice or get rid of them.

Best place I've worked in over a decade.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

I have been working at MediaMath full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I have to say my experience at MediaMath is a bright spot in my many years of working in corporate America. I've worked for companies of all sizes and industries. MediaMath is a standout. It's the second best job I've ever has and is a contender to be number one. What makes MediaMath great is simple—it starts at the top. MediaMath's Executive team is top notch. Not only are they fantastic leaders and thinkers, they are most importantly decent people. This sense of intellectual excellence, coupled with a sincere interest in helping everyone grow and get better makes an amazing environment.

Cons

There's not a lot of downside to MediaMath. All companies suffer growing pains. MediaMath has grown exponentially over the last three years. The associated hiccups are noting compared to the upside of the company growth and the exciting atmosphere.

Keep the bar high and keep moving it higher. Great people together accomplish great things.

Great company and great people!

Current Employee - Director in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Director in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at MediaMath full-time (less than an year)

Pros

When I joined MediaMath, I was amazed by how welcoming and open its employees are. You will be integrated quickly and you will get interesting projects to work on with a lot of responsibilities.
    The work-life balance is exceptional: as long as the work is done, you are free to organize your time between office and home, work and time-off, etc.

Cons

As a very fast-growing company, MediaMath sometimes needs more structure to be efficient. Getting information on existing features / projects can be challenging as you have to discuss with a lot of people.

Give more global directions and information to your employees: where is the company headed, what are the threats that we are facing, what are we doing to deal with them, etc.