MediaMath Reviews

Updated 14 October 2014
4.5

MediaMath CEO Joe Zawadzki
Joe Zawadzki

Pros
  • Excellent work-life balance - Working hours are less than most other places (9-5 with an hour for lunch) (in 8 reviews)

• MediaMath hires really smart people and challenges them every day (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • The company is growing extremely fast, larger facilities will eventually be needed (in 9 reviews)

• MediaMath is growing fast and as a result there are certain processes that they have yet to implement (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Constantly learning in an ever-evolving industry

I have been working at MediaMath full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The people, technology and culture! Its an exciting industry to be part of, theres a constant buzz and the people are great. Excellent benefits and there's a clear path to progression.

Cons

As the company expands, there have been some changes including the implementation of new processes. This is expected however and hasn't really caused any issues.

Keep up the great work! As the company grows it will become ever more important to retain the great culture.

The perfect company!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at MediaMath as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Mediamath really looks after its employees - to the point where one could even call it "pampering." The perks are endless, from free lunch to massages. The office is constantly buzzing with high energy. Everyone is excited by MediaMath's vision and is equally passionate about transforming the landscape of digital marketing. It's such a joy working for a company that is growing at an exponential rate on a global scale, as opposed to a company constantly having to lay off employees, like so many industries today.

Cons

Definitely fast paced and a lot to constantly keep up with - but that's the whole industry, really.

Amazing place to work

I have been working at MediaMath full-time

Pros

- Incredibly smart people, collaborative environment.
    - Positive vibe in the office.
    - Employee-centric company. Really make an effort to show their employees they care, whether it be the benefits, activities, food, etc.
    - Employees are constantly asked for their input and feedback on many things, results are presented company-wide - whether they be negative or positive.
    - Excellent work-life balance - Working hours are less than most other places (9-5 with an hour for lunch).

Cons

- Nothing I can currently think of.

Realize that the way the company is currently being run (employee-centric) is the way to go, and find ways to keep improving upon it so that the company grows to be as amazing as it is now.

Love working here!

Current Employee - Developer in London, England
    Current Employee - Developer in London, England

I have been working at MediaMath full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Top bunch of people. Everyone is young but incredibly talented!

Cons

I cant think of anything!

Fast-paced and friendly with a start-up feel.

Current Employee - Director, Platform Solutions in London, England
    Current Employee - Director, Platform Solutions in London, England

I have been working at MediaMath full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Fast-paced, friendly, knowledgeable and dedicated team. Good work ethic and a real focus on getting the best out of its employees. There don't seem to be any hidden agendas and transparency, along with doing what's best for clients seem to be a very big part of the culture.

Cons

Training for new starters could be improved, since some of these individuals will be responsible for demonstrating the technology to clients. This would save time waiting for these employees to get up to speed before allowing them to go in front of clients. This is changing slowly however.

Internal training needs to be more formalised to ensure consistent knowledge and platform levels across the service based team.

MediaMath is a wonderful place to learn, grow, and advance.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at MediaMath full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fast moving, fast growing, thought leaders, expanding across clients and markets. This is an epicenter of digital growth -- if you want to learn about and work within the future of digital advertising, this is the place to be. It's a thrilling industry to work in and MediaMath is a great place to work within it.

Cons

If you are not someone who works well in high-growth, fast paced environments, this is not the place to be.

Best place I've worked in over a decade.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

I have been working at MediaMath full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I have to say my experience at MediaMath is a bright spot in my many years of working in corporate America. I've worked for companies of all sizes and industries. MediaMath is a standout. It's the second best job I've ever has and is a contender to be number one. What makes MediaMath great is simple—it starts at the top. MediaMath's Executive team is top notch. Not only are they fantastic leaders and thinkers, they are most importantly decent people. This sense of intellectual excellence, coupled with a sincere interest in helping everyone grow and get better makes an amazing environment.

Cons

There's not a lot of downside to MediaMath. All companies suffer growing pains. MediaMath has grown exponentially over the last three years. The associated hiccups are noting compared to the upside of the company growth and the exciting atmosphere.

Keep the bar high and keep moving it higher. Great people together accomplish great things.

Great First Experience for New Grads

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at MediaMath full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The people are pretty brilliant, and collaboration is highly valued.
    Management is open with communication.
    The work is challenging but interesting - a lot of creative thinking is involved.
    They provide excellent training - ad tech is a very complex landscape, and they thoroughly prepare you for it.
    The new office at 4WTC is amazing - can't wait til we move.
    Benefits are pretty good - snacks in the kitchen, company parties, cell phone reimbursement, etc.
    There's an excellent culture - laid back, but still driven. Attire is more on the casual side of business casual.
    Constant push to learn and grow - training sessions, exposure to new things, etc.

Cons

Ad tech is constantly changing, very fast paced. Because of that, there is such a push to grow. The growth goals are ambitious, but sometimes pressure is put on the wrong people for not meeting them.

Keep hiring good people - HR is doing a fabulous job of this.
    The open communication between all levels is great; don't let that slip as we continue to grow.
    While the benefits are decent, they don't match other tech giants. As we keep growing, I hope they improve, which will better MM's pull for top talent.

Great company and great people!

Current Employee - Director in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Director in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at MediaMath full-time (less than an year)

Pros

When I joined MediaMath, I was amazed by how welcoming and open its employees are. You will be integrated quickly and you will get interesting projects to work on with a lot of responsibilities.
    The work-life balance is exceptional: as long as the work is done, you are free to organize your time between office and home, work and time-off, etc.

Cons

As a very fast-growing company, MediaMath sometimes needs more structure to be efficient. Getting information on existing features / projects can be challenging as you have to discuss with a lot of people.

Give more global directions and information to your employees: where is the company headed, what are the threats that we are facing, what are we doing to deal with them, etc.

Great company to work for

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Engineer in Cambridge, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance Engineer in Cambridge, MA (US)

I have been working at MediaMath full-time (less than an year)

Pros

welcoming atmosphere, great team, everyone has a common goal, management support. everyone works well together and helps each other out. a work-hard play-hard team! I only joined 2 months ago and feel that I am a contributing member to the team and company. Starting was a seamless transition for me and I was immediately able to start working on existing QA process/tools to help make them better and more efficient. Senior management also seems to really care about the individual employees.

Cons

commute, but I knew that coming in. the health benefits are medium, not horrible but not great.

get more peer recognition programs in place, consider using an online kudos program