MediaMath

Updated 8 November 2014
4.5

MediaMath CEO Joe Zawadzki
Joe Zawadzki

Pros
  • Excellent work-life balance - Working hours are less than most other places (9-5 with an hour for lunch) (in 9 reviews)

• MediaMath hires really smart people and challenges them every day (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • The company is growing extremely fast, larger facilities will eventually be needed (in 9 reviews)

• Definitely fast paced and a lot to constantly keep up with - but that's the whole industry, really (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Excellent place to work

I have been working at MediaMath full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great work life balance, friendly team, innovative training program in development, company growth, values, caring employers - and fantastic perks!

Cons

Office space is becoming limited but not a major issue. A clear policy for time off for medical reasons would be beneficial as I have had issues here.

Fast paced, highly motivating with awesome opportunities

Current Employee - Manager in London, England
    Current Employee - Manager in London, England

I have been working at MediaMath full-time (more than an year)

Pros

From my interviews (2 years ago) to now I have thoroughly enjoyed every minute. HR made me feel very welcome and helped me feel at ease coming into a potentially daunting environment (having never worked in Media before).

I have also had the opportunity to work with a number of other teams (NMI, OPEN, Engineering, PS etc) both UK and US based who have all been very professional and a joy to work with.

The office environment is fun to be a part of - who can argue with an arcade machine, vending machine and endless sweets / chocolate?

I enjoy the fast paced nature of the Media Industry and being on the edge of integrating with new technologies.

Cons

I would have said the on-boarding process as it can be daunting if you haven't worked in Media before. However, MediaMath have recognised this and have really focused their attention on improving this for new joiners.

Fast-paced and amazing environment

I have been working at MediaMath full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great perks and brilliant environment for personal growth. The company is very well known in the space and allows you learn and develop constantly. The colleagues are very dedicated and knowledgeable.

Cons

Nothing I can think of so far.

Constantly learning in an ever-evolving industry

I have been working at MediaMath full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The people, technology and culture! Its an exciting industry to be part of, theres a constant buzz and the people are great. Excellent benefits and there's a clear path to progression.

Cons

As the company expands, there have been some changes including the implementation of new processes. This is expected however and hasn't really caused any issues.

Keep up the great work! As the company grows it will become ever more important to retain the great culture.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in London, England
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in London, England

I have been working at MediaMath full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I work as a backend programmer for MediaMath London and I have to admit this is probably the best place I've ever worked. Lots of opportunities, very genuine hard working people. All the trappings associates with a tech startup... arcade machines, free food, free beer, LAN parties etc.

I've also found that in the last year I've been really encouraged to adopt new technologies (new for me) such as GO programming.

Cons

Hmmm... I've put on a lot of weight since joining :)

Keep it up!

The perfect company!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at MediaMath as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Mediamath really looks after its employees - to the point where one could even call it "pampering." The perks are endless, from free lunch to massages. The office is constantly buzzing with high energy. Everyone is excited by MediaMath's vision and is equally passionate about transforming the landscape of digital marketing. It's such a joy working for a company that is growing at an exponential rate on a global scale, as opposed to a company constantly having to lay off employees, like so many industries today.

Cons

Definitely fast paced and a lot to constantly keep up with - but that's the whole industry, really.

Amazing place to work

I have been working at MediaMath full-time

Pros

- Incredibly smart people, collaborative environment.
    - Positive vibe in the office.
    - Employee-centric company. Really make an effort to show their employees they care, whether it be the benefits, activities, food, etc.
    - Employees are constantly asked for their input and feedback on many things, results are presented company-wide - whether they be negative or positive.
    - Excellent work-life balance - Working hours are less than most other places (9-5 with an hour for lunch).

Cons

- Nothing I can currently think of.

Realize that the way the company is currently being run (employee-centric) is the way to go, and find ways to keep improving upon it so that the company grows to be as amazing as it is now.

Love working here!

Current Employee - Developer in London, England
    Current Employee - Developer in London, England

I have been working at MediaMath full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Top bunch of people. Everyone is young but incredibly talented!

Cons

I cant think of anything!

Fast-paced and friendly with a start-up feel.

Current Employee - Director, Platform Solutions in London, England
    Current Employee - Director, Platform Solutions in London, England

I have been working at MediaMath full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Fast-paced, friendly, knowledgeable and dedicated team. Good work ethic and a real focus on getting the best out of its employees. There don't seem to be any hidden agendas and transparency, along with doing what's best for clients seem to be a very big part of the culture.

Cons

Training for new starters could be improved, since some of these individuals will be responsible for demonstrating the technology to clients. This would save time waiting for these employees to get up to speed before allowing them to go in front of clients. This is changing slowly however.

Internal training needs to be more formalised to ensure consistent knowledge and platform levels across the service based team.

MediaMath is a wonderful place to learn, grow, and advance.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at MediaMath full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fast moving, fast growing, thought leaders, expanding across clients and markets. This is an epicenter of digital growth -- if you want to learn about and work within the future of digital advertising, this is the place to be. It's a thrilling industry to work in and MediaMath is a great place to work within it.

Cons

If you are not someone who works well in high-growth, fast paced environments, this is not the place to be.