Meggitt

Meggitt Reviews

Updated 23 January 2015
Updated 23 January 2015

Stephen Young

Good company and very friendly people, Management is a bit disorganised

Current Employee - Engineer in Coventry, England
    Current Employee - Engineer in Coventry, England

I have been working at Meggitt full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Holidays can be taken at short notice and pretty much whenever, very friendly employees. Small office containing all departments means that it is easy to talk between departments and get problems resolved. good for personal growth prospects

Cons

management on the whole give poor direction meaning deadlines are missed, and projects are rushed. Can be stressful at times. Limited budget on IT and software. Not much focus on keeping employees happy/motivated.

More investment into new offices and less penny pinching on tools required to streamline processes and improve workflow.

apprentice

I worked at Meggitt (more than 3 years)

Pros

funded university studies for 3 years batchelors

Cons

sometimes wasn't involved in day to day working in depts

get apprentices more involved

Good People, friendly atmosphere. Limited opportunities for development

I have been working at Meggitt

Pros

Interesting job, working on a variety of different aircraft in Civil or Military applications. Wealth of experienced people to learn from.

Cons

limited career development, somewhat dissorganised structure

investing in the future

I have been working at Meggitt full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Company takes a long term outlook and continuously seeks to remain relevant in aerospace and energy markets.
    Benefits package is higher than average.
    Recent emphasis on employee wellness.

Cons

Fast paced work environment.
    Need to be comfortable with multi-tasking and working in a multi-site environment due to nature of organization.

resources

Engineer

I worked at Meggitt

Pros

Paycheck is ok for industry

Cons

Limited startegy from management team

None really. This is a downward spiral

RUN!!! If I could pick zero stars, I would have.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Simi Valley, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Simi Valley, CA (US)

I worked at Meggitt

Pros

There are many talented individuals within several areas in the company. Overall, some really nice folks.

Cons

Where do I start?
    Very meeting heavy. I do not mind productive meetings, but having three MANDATORY DAILY meetings before I can even turn on my computer or sit in my seat was obsurd. I didn't get anything out of those daily meetings. They took a huge chunk out of my extremely busy days.
    Training? What training? No real processes in place. In my department, everyone had their own way of doing things...because of lack of processes and training, and being thrown in the deep end to sink or swim, the folks who made it and didn't quit, did what they could, their own way. In the short time I worked there, I had three bosses, and more than 1/3 of my department had quit or resigned within a 90 day period. HELLO!!! HUGE RED FLAG THAT SOMETHING MUST BE WRONG.
    I have left with a very bad taste in my mouth, and do not have very constructive things to say, so I will stop here.
    If you are thinking of applying here, really do your homework. The place has a lot of unhappy, overworked, and mistreated people.

I think it is very apparent that there are several areas that need major improvement, more help or better people in place to lead. It is not a secret to HR or Management where these places are. If you KNOW about your weak areas, why are you not focusing time and resources to fix and make them better? Wake up. You are going to lose more talented and dedicated employees, lose business or even suffer having to go through lawsuits. Your business has some huge gaping wounds that need to be bandaged.

look somewhere else...poor company in many ways

I have been working at Meggitt full-time

Pros

decent pay, good benefits, 401k match, 100% vested, holiday shut down, that is it really...

Cons

always in cost cutting mode, even at the employee's expense (layoffs) they don't care, as long as they show they're making their numbers
    always, always, always in change and chaos mode, constant changes happening and shifting, in LEAN mode every day
    horrible leadership team, barely approachable
    people talk behind your back, so watch your back...cannot trust anyone here
    lack of growth, they promote "internal" but only if your part of leaderships' "favorite circle"

retire, leave, move away, do something to stop the bleeding, because greed will come back to haunt you...

Chaotic all the time

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA (US)

I have been working at Meggitt full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great products, good benefits, fair pay

Cons

Always in crisis mode. Upper Management does not know what work-life balance means and don't seem to care about employees. Endless overtime, working over holidays, etc. Operations management is a revolving door. QEs, ME's, Buyers, Planners, Warehouse are all overwhelmed.

Get rid of dead wood and hire more support people. Get new management at Division Level.

The future is bright!

I have been working at Meggitt full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good culture - strong focus on ethical behaviour. Work/life balance is good.Emphasis on development. I really enjoy the health program that focuses on rewarding you for staying healthy.

the 401k program is great. Holiday time off is amazing.

Cons

no employee stock purchase plan for US based employees

stay focused on People and supporting them in getting the job done with the right tools.

Poor management, good benefits.

I worked at Meggitt

Pros

The benefits are about the only good thing I can think of although there are some good people that work there.

Cons

Poor management, watch your back trust no one if you are smart. It does not pay to be smarter than your boss.

Some department managers are rewarded not for what they know or do, but more for who they know and what they do, t do. They can out right lie to cover their own short comings with job knowledge, to make another worker look bad because they are smarter and more knowledgeable.