Meralco Reviews

Updated 17 June 2014
Updated 17 June 2014
3.8

Manuel V Pangilinan

In Meralco, I experienced working in a family-oriented environment.

Current Employee - Associate  in  Pasig City (Philippines)
    Current Employee - Associate in Pasig City (Philippines)

I have been working at Meralco full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There is work-life balance in Meralco. Employees especially those assigned in Ortigas have the easy access to Meralco's sports facilities. People are friendly even the bosses especially of CIT group. As part of CIT family and Customer Management Systems in general, I was able to work wearing different hats which for me is an advantage. The government regulations make work in CMS even more challenging. Trainings are free and without bonds. We have a number of guaranteed bonuses in Meralco. Benefits like hmo and leaves are at par with other good companies.

Cons

The compensation for CIT employees lower compared to other IT companies.

Increase compensation based on industry standards.

Stable Company

Former Employee - Administrative Clerk  in  Pasig City (Philippines)
    Former Employee - Administrative Clerk in Pasig City (Philippines)

I worked at Meralco full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good benefits. Career growth with continuous training opportunities. Corporate Social Responsibility is top notch. Continuously improving processes and is abreast with technology.

Cons

Challenges are the constant negative issues regarding power rates and sometimes some irate customers can no longer distinguish between the company and it's employees.

Take care of the rank and file personnel who has loyally served the company for more than 20 years.

Life Changing..

Former Employee - Engineer
    Former Employee - Engineer

I worked at Meralco full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Well established and stable company. Good training ground for new professionals to acquire technical skills and competencies.

Cons

Work-life balance is poor. Career opportunities for technical people aiming for management level is not a trend. Salary for engineers does not compensate the workload and responsibilities.

Review the factors concerning the engineers and other technical people in Operations. Why most of the best personnel wants to leave the company? Are they neglected, disregarded, overlooked or mismanaged? Or something wrong with the organizational heads? Maybe they feel they don't get much of what they deserve..Only one thing is for sure, there is something that needs to be done here.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good for training ground working experience but not a good place to stay for long :)

Former Employee - Secret  in  Pasig, Rizal (Philippines)
    Former Employee - Secret in Pasig, Rizal (Philippines)

I worked at Meralco full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Has a lot of Pros way back then, but when the new management took over, everythings all about sales and money. Welfare of low level employees out of picture.

Cons

If you are an employee who is driven and has high ambitions in life, don't aim to join this company. They only value the team leader position and up but the lower level employees, NO! There are a lot of other companies that can offer you job security with better opportunities. Low level potential employees are not well taken care of, no career growth and low paid salary.

Have an open and fair opportunities for all employees. The performance base system is still not well implemented. High politics, palakasan system.

Superb

Former Employee - Procurement Specialist  in  Pasig City (Philippines)
    Former Employee - Procurement Specialist in Pasig City (Philippines)

I worked at Meralco full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The processes in Meralco are all world class. They provide trainings to their employees. It has a Work & Life balance.

Cons

Since it is a very big company, there is somehow a limited room for growth in advancing to the corporate ladder.

N/A

Excellent

Former Employee - Lineman/Substationman  in  Pasig, Rizal (Philippines)
    Former Employee - Lineman/Substationman in Pasig, Rizal (Philippines)

I worked at Meralco full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good health benefit, high salary,excellent training every promotion, ISO credited. I'm missing my buddies and the company itself (Meralco).

Cons

World class standard, competitive skilled worker you will be, if being employed in Meralco. Continuous promotion, all offices are working properly, time-off policies are awesome.

Never stop to pursue for the Meralco vision. May the management educate the lineman / substation man in financial handling. Most of us quit in Meralco because of financial problems, even we already had a good salary. I'm a foreman in substation South O&M ID#15041-7

Good company like family

Former Employee - Analyst
    Former Employee - Analyst

I worked at Meralco full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good pay, many benefits. The company took good care of its employees.

Cons

There can be so much politics. Less opportunity for career growth.

To give chance to younger employees because there are so many people in the management position who will never let go of there position.

no career growth

Former Employee - Secret  in  Pasig City (Philippines)
    Former Employee - Secret in Pasig City (Philippines)

I worked at Meralco full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

everyone is kind, and working environment feels like your second home

Cons

no career growth. politics driven. no opportunity

value those who are really working hard and not just the upper mgt.

I am very proud of being a meralco employee because it gave me a huge and excellent knowledged to be considered great.

Former Employee - Relay Technician  in  Pasig City (Philippines)
    Former Employee - Relay Technician in Pasig City (Philippines)

I worked at Meralco full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

very good in all kind of seminars being conducted and complete benifits such as bonuses, hospitalization, health care for my family etc.

Cons

I am not an anti- management that's why i dont wan't to make a comment.

Continue their excellent attitude.

The best place to retire

I have been working at Meralco full-time

Pros

fun work environment, good health benefits (with own hospital) and other employee perks (e.g. shuttle service, loans), free parking and access to gym and sports facilities

Cons

upper class personnel are extremely rewarded, while middle to lower class employees are pushed to their limits to achieve the company goals without reaping any rewards at all

Worked for Meralco? Contribute to the Community!