Meralco

Updated Jun 17, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Manuel V Pangilinan

In Meralco, I experienced working in a family-oriented environment.

Associate (Current Employee) Pasig City (Philippines)

ProsThere is work-life balance in Meralco. Employees especially those assigned in Ortigas have the easy access to Meralco's sports facilities. People are friendly even the bosses especially of CIT group. As part of CIT family and Customer Management Systems in general, I was able to work wearing different hats which for me is an advantage. The government regulations make work in CMS even more challenging. Trainings are free and without bonds. We have a number of guaranteed bonuses in Meralco. Benefits like hmo and leaves are at par with other good companies.

ConsThe compensation for CIT employees lower compared to other IT companies.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease compensation based on industry standards.

Stable Company

Administrative Clerk (Former Employee) Pasig City (Philippines)

ProsGood benefits. Career growth with continuous training opportunities. Corporate Social Responsibility is top notch. Continuously improving processes and is abreast with technology.

ConsChallenges are the constant negative issues regarding power rates and sometimes some irate customers can no longer distinguish between the company and it's employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of the rank and file personnel who has loyally served the company for more than 20 years.

Life Changing..

Engineer (Former Employee)

ProsWell established and stable company. Good training ground for new professionals to acquire technical skills and competencies.

ConsWork-life balance is poor. Career opportunities for technical people aiming for management level is not a trend. Salary for engineers does not compensate the workload and responsibilities.

Advice to Senior ManagementReview the factors concerning the engineers and other technical people in Operations. Why most of the best personnel wants to leave the company? Are they neglected, disregarded, overlooked or mismanaged? Or something wrong with the organizational heads? Maybe they feel they don't get much of what they deserve..Only one thing is for sure, there is something that needs to be done here.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good for training ground working experience but not a good place to stay for long :)

Secret (Former Employee) Pasig, Rizal (Philippines)

ProsHas a lot of Pros way back then, but when the new management took over, everythings all about sales and money. Welfare of low level employees out of picture.

ConsIf you are an employee who is driven and has high ambitions in life, don't aim to join this company. They only value the team leader position and up but the lower level employees, NO! There are a lot of other companies that can offer you job security with better opportunities. Low level potential employees are not well taken care of, no career growth and low paid salary.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave an open and fair opportunities for all employees. The performance base system is still not well implemented. High politics, palakasan system.

Superb

Procurement Specialist (Former Employee) Pasig City (Philippines)

ProsThe processes in Meralco are all world class. They provide trainings to their employees. It has a Work & Life balance.

ConsSince it is a very big company, there is somehow a limited room for growth in advancing to the corporate ladder.

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Excellent

Lineman/Substationman (Former Employee) Pasig, Rizal (Philippines)

ProsGood health benefit, high salary,excellent training every promotion, ISO credited. I'm missing my buddies and the company itself (Meralco).

ConsWorld class standard, competitive skilled worker you will be, if being employed in Meralco. Continuous promotion, all offices are working properly, time-off policies are awesome.

Advice to Senior ManagementNever stop to pursue for the Meralco vision. May the management educate the lineman / substation man in financial handling. Most of us quit in Meralco because of financial problems, even we already had a good salary. I'm a foreman in substation South O&M ID#15041-7

Good company like family

Analyst (Former Employee)

ProsGood pay, many benefits. The company took good care of its employees.

ConsThere can be so much politics. Less opportunity for career growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo give chance to younger employees because there are so many people in the management position who will never let go of there position.

no career growth

Secret (Former Employee) Pasig City (Philippines)

Proseveryone is kind, and working environment feels like your second home

Consno career growth. politics driven. no opportunity

Advice to Senior Managementvalue those who are really working hard and not just the upper mgt.

I am very proud of being a meralco employee because it gave me a huge and excellent knowledged to be considered great.

Relay Technician (Former Employee) Pasig City (Philippines)

Prosvery good in all kind of seminars being conducted and complete benifits such as bonuses, hospitalization, health care for my family etc.

ConsI am not an anti- management that's why i dont wan't to make a comment.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue their excellent attitude.

The best place to retire

Prosfun work environment, good health benefits (with own hospital) and other employee perks (e.g. shuttle service, loans), free parking and access to gym and sports facilities

Consupper class personnel are extremely rewarded, while middle to lower class employees are pushed to their limits to achieve the company goals without reaping any rewards at all

Worked for Meralco? Contribute to the Community!