MetLife

MetLife Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

MetLife President & CEO Steven A. Kandarian

Steven A. Kandarian

Pros
  • Flexible work arrangements and very good company for work life balance(in 103 reviews)

• MetLife has great benefits and different positions in different departments(in 74 reviews)

Cons
  • Lean work force, very aggressive timelines, work/life balance(in 20 reviews)

• Lack of visibility to senior management as to who is doing the actual job(in 33 reviews)

Hectic but fun!

IT Consultant (Current Employee) London, England

Prosgreat team of people in the UK office

Consnone that I can think of

Advice to Senior Managementn/a

Ruthless, rude, uncaring, backbiting disorganised company

ProsNone whatsoever. This company is going nowhere fast

ConsCompany values are spouted but not followed, loads of backbiting, no team spirit, expected to work long hours for no reward, no work life balance, no support, terrible exec team. This company in the UK thinks it is better than it is, it is so disorganised with a terrible exec team that act like children and have little or no management experience at this level. Bad things are round the corner for this company

Great Colleagues, good benefits

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) London, England

ProsBenefits are good and most colleagues are very nice.

ConsDifficult to progress, poor salaries internally

Advice to Senior ManagementReward the people that work hard for you

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good Company to work for but only on contract basis

Programmer Manager (Former Employee) London, England

ProsGreat offices location in London.

ConsVery biurocratic and US centric organization you have to be either American or extremely well connected in America to reach executive roles. A lot over very heavy characters that in most cases limit the ability of this company and brand to fully develop in the UK

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on innovation as opposed to autocratic backward processes. Enforce key talent to manage the business in a modern and forward looking way. Only the lack of innovation is keeping this company from growth, that’s 100% visible in the stock price which should be well over 70 by now. Management can’t come up with a credible growth story they can sell to the marker & analysts. Develop a strategy, establish milestones, realize the milestone show growth, build investor confidence that you can deliver on your strategies then benefit. Unfortunate management has a poor story, no one buys it, they poorly define milestones, can’t deliver them or show that they delivered them, cant’ differentiate themselves from the rest of the insurance market, hence the $40 share price.

a good company that do the right thing for staff and customers

Sales Consultant (Current Employee) Newcastle upon Tyne, England

Prosvery good money, good products to sell that do what they are supposed to do, excellent admin & support,

Conspoor career advancement, commision only sales basis, no prospects just pure sales position

Advice to Senior Managementthe management do a very good job of leading the sales force but more recognition is needed

Don't swamp the UK creativity in American approaches to business.

IT Manager (Current Employee)

ProsIt is a stable reliable company to work for that is not going anywhere soon and provides reasonable benefits and the opportunity to work outside London. But, a number of times I have seen really good ideas generated by UK staff and the result is often that US policies and approaches are applied without really considering the idea generated.

ConsAmerican ownership can be a bit of a downer when they run roughshod over the ideas and innovations of staff in the UK. A number of times I have seen really good ideas generated by UK staff and the result is often that US policies and approaches are applied without really considering the idea generated.

Advice to Senior ManagementNurture the creativity of staff in the UK and encourage there independence.

Great company

Senior Customer Service Representative I (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC (US)

ProsMetlife is an efficient company who cares about their employees and customers. The trainjng team, benefits, and oayroll department ae awesome snd on top of issues that nay arise.

ConsThey have a lot of systems, but uf one can master them, tgen a grest company to work for.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe training was steady and was able to keep up and learn the material to be better prepared for the job. Advuce for upper management is to keep improving and keep up the good work!!

Life of a financial advisor

Financial Advisor (Current Employee) Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)

ProsExcellent work life balance as you make your own schedule.

ConsCustomers do not always buy.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive updated leads

Great company overall, just some bad managers

Pension Benefit Consultant (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsGreat benefits, good people, flexible

ConsPeople who are managers who are not qualified and do not have people management skills.
    Growth depends on who you work for, not your work and knowledge.
    Recycling people from one department to another
    Limited growth opportunities in current location
    Employee morale low

Advice to Senior ManagementStop making decisions about a person's career among yourselves. Value your employees who work hard with pay level increases, even if there is no position. Open door policy is a joke

You get out what you put in

Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) Boca Raton, FL (US)

ProsFair compensation, good materials and a national network

ConsIf you don't have a mentor or partner, this is a tough place to work

Advice to Senior Managementteaming!

Worked for MetLife? Contribute to the Community!