Millennium Hotels and Resorts

Add Photos

Millennium Biltmore revolving door

Manager (Current Employee)
Los Angeles, CA (US)

I have been working at Millennium Hotels and Resorts full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThey are finally starting to renovate the hotel a little now that most all of the other four star hotels in downtown Los Angeles have been completed renovated or have just been built within the last few years. A lot of line level employees have been here for many years and really care about the hotel. However, many are not very happy but can not afford to leave. The hotel lobby and banquet rooms are beautiful.

ConsThe owners do not seem to care very much about the managers. Their have been five general mangers in the last five years and in the sales department where I work, we have had five different directors of sales in the last four years. so many managers come and go in six months to a year. I have been at the hotel for three years and have accepted a new job and will be leaving soon. I feel sorry for our new Sales Director - he works so hard and is not appreciated. We have not had a general manger for five months now and the owners don't seem to care very much.

Advice to Senior ManagementI am not very sure that they will listen. We have lost so much business in the last year compared to the other hotels in L.A. Groups and meeting planners do not like the hotel any more do to the fact that management changes happen every six months and the hotel guest rooms are in dire need of renovation. The staff moral is very poor

Amazing staff all round the place

Hotelier (Current Employee)
Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I have been working at Millennium Hotels and Resorts full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat place to work in the owner is so cool

ConsLow and mid levels of staff are not well taken care off, a lot of racism is in the company which supports Arabs , in some departments there are more managers that are not needed than staff

Advice to Senior ManagementEquality to all staff and in the recruitment policy racism is rife in the company

Worked for Millennium Hotels and Resorts? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Millennium Hotels and Resorts reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by Millennium Hotels and Resorts employees.