MillerCoors Reviews

223 reviews filtered by
3.1
MillerCoors CEO Tom Long
Tom Long

Pros
  • Great perks: cases of free beer/ month, discounts on baseball tickets (in 44 reviews)

• work life balance a high priority among leadership in my team (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance at the brewery is not the best for people with families (in 20 reviews)

• Corporate and field sales and marketing are scared to death of the upper management (in 10 reviews)

Good company to work for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Golden, CO (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Golden, CO (US)

I have been working at MillerCoors full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good benefits, room for advancement

Cons

Management believes in lean staffing. It can be hard to learn new roles, because you are often buried with things to do.

2. Quality engineer

Former Employee - Analytical/Microbiological Specialist in Fort Worth, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Analytical/Microbiological Specialist in Fort Worth, TX (US)

I worked at MillerCoors full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Competitive pay, great benefits, free beer

Cons

Zero work life balance, low opportunity for personal growth and development

Advice to Management

Change with time

3. If you are going to work in food and beverage then this is about as good as it gets.

I have been working at MillerCoors

Pros

The plants are constantly getting capital to improve operations.

Cons

I always wonder whether I should be making alcohol for a living.

5. Confusing place to work, craft beer is on the rise and miller is slowly sinking.

I worked at MillerCoors

Pros

Cheap beer, provided uniforms, friendly co workers decent pay. Fun free tour, good history, onsite health center and fitness facility.

Cons

I was hired here as an overtime relief employee back in 2010, I stayed here for three years and was never able to actually get hired full time (even though they always promised it) I was hard working and never missed any work, if three years isn't enough to prove yourself to an employer nothing is. Employees always are on different jobs, lots of errors and lots of confusion make the workers resent each other, this company wastes more beer then they actually ship out it seems like. Equipment is always breaking down since it is from like the 1950's. Little to no training ever happens and they have like 4 people running entire lines.

Advice to Management

Want to be more cost effective? How about assigning a person one job so they know the ins and outs of that one job and you won't have as much waste. Craft beer is slowly killing off this old school brand and their watered down "beers",the younger generations are going to know this company as a thing of the past if you guys don't get more creative and soon. Retro labeling can only go so far. So please start making a beer like the Germans or local craft brewery's do.

6. Manager of Shopper and Channel Insights

Current Employee - Shopper and Channel Insights in Chicago, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Shopper and Channel Insights in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at MillerCoors full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Overall a good Company that believes in Insights and Innovation to maintain their leadership in market

Cons

Currently there is a lot of uncertainty about the future of the company and what shape it is going to take. The turnover rate is pretty high

Advice to Management

Try to reduce the turnover because we are loosing a lot of knowledge that keeps the company ahead of its competitors

7. Business Analyst

I worked at MillerCoors

Pros

culture, free beer, good people

Cons

limited upside, post merger problems

8. Enjoyed job but was too stressful

I have been working at MillerCoors

Pros

Great perks free beer and laid back atmosphere bad wor life balane

Cons

No opportunities for advancement, reduced staffing creates stressful atmosphere

On-Premise Sales Rep

I have been working at MillerCoors

Pros

-Tons of free beer, swag and access to events
    -You work with great people although you don't see them often
    -Training and travel often
    -Big Company

Cons

-Not enough clear guidance
    -Tons of recaps and tracking
    -Work/Life balance is really rough and you only get 10-15 days vacation a year
    -Stupid and useless goals
    -Company believes in promoting you within 1-2 years or never

Advice to Management

Spend more time creating concrete and worthwhile goals for sales reps that adjust market to market

10. Great benefits and pay, but with long, frustrating hours

Former Employee - Senior Process Leader in Albany, GA (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Process Leader in Albany, GA (US)

I worked at MillerCoors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free Beer. Good pay. Good benefits. Almost impossible to be fired.

Cons

Work life balance wasn't existent. Weak upper management that were more politician than manager.

11. Fun Product, Concerns of Future

I have been working at MillerCoors

Pros

What can be more fun than working with beer! Total Compensation is competitive (although, it is based on receiving lower salary raises with the remainder consisting of a high bonus – dependent on company/individual performance), Free Beer (3 cases a month with an extra case during the month of December and your Birthday) is always a plus, Free access to local events (i.e. Summer Fest in Milwaukee, WI), and 401K employee matching up to 5% with an after-tax Roth 401K option.

Cons

In the beer industry, the mainstream brands have been dropping in shares due to the increased public desire of flavored products / craft beers. With a generation that grew up with a variety of different flavors of Mountain Dew, they are looking for a significant level of variety in their alcoholic beverages as well. As a result, with typically large volume products dropping and the pressure to produce a variety of small volume flavored product lines, the beer industry is struggling to be innovative, to find ways to cut costs in order to accommodate the constant production change-overs, and to simply change in general. With respect to working in this environment, the pressure to cut costs has forced Health Benefits to move over to High Deductible Savings Plans, the push to utilize personal cell phones with partial reimbursement over company provided equipment, and the general practice of trying to do more with less people. There are significant concerns as to whether or not the leadership is able to take the company to the next level.

Advice to Management

Ensure that the company’s strategy is fully distributed at all levels of the organization. The strategy that is pushed downward is interpreted differently within each of the company’s major departments to the point that each department has a tendency to “do its own thing” – resulting in the further entrenchment of a silo-type culture. What activities is Marketing doing that is in alignment with the company’s strategy, what is Operations doing to support Marketing’s efforts, etc. In general, the strategy is communicated; however, it is not properly being distributed at the lower levels.