MillerCoors

MillerCoors Reviews

Updated Apr 12, 2014

MillerCoors CEO Tom Long

Tom Long

Pros:
  • "You get free beer and the place is fun to work for"
    in 39 reviews
  • "There are a lot of great people that work for this company"
    in 17 reviews
Cons:
  • "Work life balance at the brewery is not the best for people with families"
    in 19 reviews
  • "Upper management at the brewery level does see the overall picture"
    in 9 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Fair Company

I have been working at MillerCoors full-time for more than 3 years

ProsLots of development opportunities, room for growth, salary fair, multiple locations to choose from with various opportunities.

ConsInnovation, benefits are expensive and some sr mngmnet need to value millennial input more and allow for creative ways of doing business.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior Mngmnet really should be evaluated on a frequent basis and ensure they are being effective.

Great industry to work in but..........

Sales (Current Employee)

I have been working at MillerCoors full-time for more than 10 years

Prosgreat people, great benefits, great brands, awesome distributor partners

Consthe senior managers really buy into "good ole boys" culture, culture driven by senior management is horrible. Corporate and field sales and marketing are scared to death of the upper management. If you aren't part of the "club" then they automatically think you aren't doing your job. Performance doesn't matter. They are cutting frontline sales and marketing people, but yet continue to invest in non-value added positions at corporate. SR managers all survived the most recent lay-offs. Last I read, it all starts at the top. Time to make changes to the guys at the top who aren't driving better business result and are only pulling the puppet strings.....

Advice to Senior ManagementGood Luck!

Great people in field positions, questionable at corporate HQ

Senior Director Sales (Current Employee)
Cincinnati, OH (US)

I have been working at MillerCoors full-time for more than 5 years

ProsFun industry, great products, innovative, good working environment, benefits, training.

ConsBalancing job requirements with family and changes in industry.

Excellent Company to work for!!!

Guest Server (Current Employee)
Milwaukee, WI (US)

I have been working at MillerCoors part-time for less than a year

ProsIf you love beer, you'll love MillerCoors

Consnothing I can think of

Great Company

Meeting Planner (Former Employee)
Golden, CO (US)

I worked at MillerCoors full-time for more than 8 years

ProsGreat people, good work culture and what better product to represent than beer! I loved working in Golden too...There isn't anything I can say bad about the company.

ConsThis is a tough one. I would say having the HQ in Chicago is tough because there isn't as many jobs in Golden.

Good Company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at MillerCoors

ProsYou learn so much in training about beer and the company that you are prepared for most guests questions. You get free beer and the place is fun to work for

Conssome drama but as with all strong personalities there is bound to be drama. Parking kind of sucked and you do feel lost in the corporate shuffle.

Poor quality company.

Anonymous (Current Employee)

I have been working at MillerCoors

ProsGreat people to work with in Golden and at the various breweries.

ConsLegacy Miller people who are in management positions are horrendously unethical. They are very biased against the legacy Coors people who are unlucky enough to have to report to them. Lying on an employee's review is very common. Decent raises are given to the manager's Miller direct reports while the Coors people receive the crumbs.
Overall, very low quality Miller people are in management roles. Favoritism abounds. Definitely a good old boy atmosphere.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo work for an ethical company for a period of time and see how thinks could be done. Don't be afraid to fire your good old boy VPs who are all style and no substance.

Not as much fun as you would think working for a beer company

I have been working at MillerCoors

ProsMost of the people that I work with have great passion for putting out a very high quality product.

ConsManagement from Miller has changed the company to the point where everyone feels that we are not doing the right thing or putting out a high quality product. Union mentality!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementStart doing the right thing and stop thinking about just money. Soon the money will all go away when we have no customers do to poor quality.

If they would only listen...

Chain Account Executive (Former Employee)

I worked at MillerCoors full-time for more than 5 years

ProsCompany has big brands, good brands.

There are good people in many middle management roles.

Plenty of money available

ConsCompany has lots of big brands that are crashing due to the economy

Company continues to think they can manage from on-high without talking to people at the ground level to truly understand what is going.

Company is one of the most silo'ed organizations one can find.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe senior leadership hasn't worked since the JV. Time for a reboot. Including the CEO and CMO.

Don't use market conditions to decide whether or not an employee should be released from the company.

Out of Touch

Production Operator (Former Employee)
Trenton, OH (US)

I worked at MillerCoors full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat pay, Benefits. Most employees are friendly. Others can be evil.

ConsCoworkers generally run the plant. You are basically at the mercy of how your coworkers feel about you. If they don't like you, they will find a way to get rid of you. HR believes or accepts too much of what the general worker says and usually its a fabricated story. MillerCoors has a 6 month probationary period... AND THEY USE IT. If they don't like the way you comb your hair or tie your shoes you will be terminated. Other plants may operate differently but Trenton prides itself in never having a layoff so they view termination as a better option.

Advice to Senior ManagementHR needs to take a better look at management and not always accept the word of veteran workers and management as truthful. Needs to work closer with the employee AFTER the hiring process.

Worked for MillerCoors? Contribute to the Community!

MillerCoors – Why Work for Us?

Our History Frederick J. Miller was a determined young brewer who settled in Milwaukee and purchased the Plank Road Brewery where he founded Miller Brewing Company in 1855. He brewed his delicious beer using yeast that… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MillerCoors reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for MillerCoors CEO Tom Long. All 158 reviews are posted anonymously by MillerCoors employees.