MillerCoors

Updated 5 March 2015
3.1

MillerCoors CEO Tom Long
Tom Long

Pros
  • Great perks: cases of free beer/ month, discounts on baseball tickets (in 44 reviews)

• work life balance a high priority among leadership in my team (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance at the brewery is not the best for people with families (in 20 reviews)

• Corporate and field sales and marketing are scared to death of the upper management (in 10 reviews)

More Highlights

On-Premise Sales Rep

I have been working at MillerCoors

Pros

-Tons of free beer, swag and access to events
    -You work with great people although you don't see them often
    -Training and travel often
    -Big Company

Cons

-Not enough clear guidance
    -Tons of recaps and tracking
    -Work/Life balance is really rough and you only get 10-15 days vacation a year
    -Stupid and useless goals
    -Company believes in promoting you within 1-2 years or never

Spend more time creating concrete and worthwhile goals for sales reps that adjust market to market

Great benefits and pay, but with long, frustrating hours

Former Employee - Senior Process Leader in Albany, GA (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Process Leader in Albany, GA (US)

I worked at MillerCoors full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Free Beer. Good pay. Good benefits. Almost impossible to be fired.

Cons

Work life balance wasn't existent. Weak upper management that were more politician than manager.

Intern

Current Employee - Intern in Albany, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Intern in Albany, GA (US)

I have been working at MillerCoors

Pros

Great learning environment and first-class leadership.

Cons

I have no complaints since I have been with MillerCoors

The leadership and the office culture is great.

Stuck in a Rut

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Golden, CO (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Golden, CO (US)

I have been working at MillerCoors full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Free beer. Company education program is pretty good. Good benefits. Lots of opportunity to move laterally, as long as you're willing to move. You could make a career here, as long as you do what you're told and don't complain.

Cons

Poisonous culture, especially in Marketing. Organization does not treat people like individuals, but instead as cogs in a system (unless you happen to be one of the few who are given special treatment for no apparent reason). Decision making is often pushed upward to the people least informed and able to make good decisions. Confusing organizational systems, and middle/upper managers who are only in it for themselves.

Time to flush out the political animals and get people into middle/upper management positions who are actually good managers and leaders.
    Clarify your vision for the company. Winning in Beer 2.1 isn't a vision, it's just a set of objectives.
    Fix the culture. It starts with you.

Amazing Team, Great Products, but Disappointing Experience

I worked at MillerCoors full-time

Pros

A strong network of well-educated, driven professionals who focus on results. Flexible work hours and great benefits (gym membership reimbursement, monthly beer allowance, generous health care package, etc.)

Cons

Limited options for promotion from entry level roles, effectively pigeon-holing employees into a career path they may not have envisioned when they first started. Significant disconnect between entry-level employees and upper management. Results are prioritized above all else, causing hard-workers to feel like their efforts essentially didn't matter if they didn't hit short-term goals.

My dream job, home based, selling beer!

I worked at MillerCoors

Pros

Home based office, great team, great benefits! Freedom and flexibility

Cons

no career path available to pursue

Worst employer I've ever had.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO (US)

I worked at MillerCoors

Pros

None. They don't care about whats important when it comes to brand representation and taking care of their people. I was hired as a manager to re-develop a team and they fought every suggestion.

Cons

Don't care about their people. Also, they are cheap. They offered me $20K LESS than my current salary when negotiations started. What an insult. I'm an expert in my industry and this was the worst client I ever worked for. The females are very caddy and unprofessional, as well.

Hire people who actually know what they are doing, and have the experience and numbers to back it up. Then, when they make small suggestions on how to make the team better, don't reject them because you're too cheap. You have a quarterly sales incentive worth $7K for reps, but want to pay the people actually out representing your brand way below market average? Thats why I quit: because you refused to give me the small amount of resources I needed to do my job well. I left your company because it was clear that those above me were less concerned about representing the brand, and more concerned with their personal lives and gossip. Treating your employees poorly will result in low morale which leads to inefficiency and decreased productivity in your business. That BUSINESS 101. Get it together. Pay good people what they are worth and it will be worth it in the log run.

Treats people poorly

I worked at MillerCoors full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing brands. Amazing work that people are doing. Fun industry. Beer is a cool place to work.

Cons

Lots of backstabbing. No real support and the organization treats people poor so they leave. They are losing a lot of top talent and they wonder why they have problems with results.

Stop talking about things you say are true but aren't. For example, there is a lot of talk about diversity but you all are losing diverse talent left and right.

Been with company for over 8 years.

I have been working at MillerCoors

Pros

Free beer
    Free food
    Great coworkers
    Pub
    Pay
    Salary

Cons

Manager of Customer Service rude, disrespectful, and plays favorites. Process leads get paid overtime and are never at work on the weekends just on call.

Hire new Manager of Customer Service.