Millicom

Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Hans-Holger Albrecht

Great place to work

I have been working at Millicom full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat new office, multicultural enviroment, nice colleagues, good reporting structure with a flat structure feel, exciting projects, career growth opportunities.

ConsOffice is new, so slightly chaotic.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue with your plans to focus on local operations, as you have already seen, a lot of attention is needed there for us to be competitive. There needs to be more collaboration between HQ and local operations as well as more integration with all functions...

A great place to get experience but plan your exit strategy the day you sign your Cypress based contract!

Anonymous Senior Management (Former Employee)

I worked at Millicom

ProsGet the global experience and job scope that you may not get in a more traditional organization.

ConsExpect no respect for work life balance and a low trust environment where people are viewed as an expendable resource.

Advice to Senior ManagementWalk the talk - consider revising the infamous "Golden Rules" which are a laughing point amongst a majority of the people in the company. The humor is that while the Senior Management espouses the values in the MIC Golden Rules their actions and words are inconsistent with those values. Perhaps the fact that the Golden Rules are hanging in the toilet at the Stenbeck farm in Luxembourg is telling.

Group CIO

Group CIO (Former Employee)

I worked at Millicom full-time for more than 3 years

Prosvery young dynamic organisation using the best resource around the world to achieve result

Conslimited long term view. Over reacting on investor comments

Advice to Senior Managementmanage the company, not the investor

Good company

I have been working at Millicom full-time for more than 3 years

ProsInnovation, high velocity, passionate people, driven by results, dynamic, fare pay comparing with oher companies in the same country

ConsComplexity, lack of defined processes, rush all the time, fast changes without change management, wick leadership skills in executive team

A good workplace to begin my career with excellent benefits and work-environment

I have been working at Millicom full-time for more than 5 years

ProsMultinational Telecom Company with operations in LATAM and Africa
Excellent Benefits
Good workplace environment

ConsSalaries, job-hours (very extended), no to much opportunities to be promoted to the Headquarter office in Luxembourg

Some Senior Mgnt has their thinking wrong, it's "Growth DESPITE of us & not BECAUSE of us"!!!

Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Millicom

Prosflat hierarchy, lack of good staff creates opportunities, self-initiative is key at all levels, some motivated staff at country-level, Emerging Markets work for sure more dynamic than "old world"

Cons2009 restructuring created uncertainties and frustration, lack of long-term thinking i.e. increased HQ in Luxembourg in 2008, 2009 new CEO and now regional offices in Miami & Dubai and smaller HQ in Luxembourg

Advice to Senior Managementstop fooling around and start executing, e.g. mobile payment service: discussed for last 3 years, the outcome so far: one pilot in South America - where is your commitment to VAS as the growth driver?

Exciting place to be if you are adventurous

Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Millicom

Prosgood pay. relocation possibilities in operations in third world countries. good benefits. nice people. young workforce.

Consno clear cut roles/ownerships. un professional atmosphere. less competence in certain areas, no processes, no sophistication.

Advice to Senior Managementbetter work culture needed, more professionalism, far-sightedness

Worked for Millicom? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Millicom reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Millicom CEO Hans-Holger Albrecht. All 7 reviews are posted anonymously by Millicom employees.