Modern Woodmen

Be The First To
Add Photos

W. Kenny Massey

Financial representative

Financial Representative (Current Employee) Carmel, IN (US)

ProsYou get paid based on how hard you work. Benefits are out of this World. I have a pension and they pay for all of my health insurance. I get to give the companies money to the communty as a way to advertise myself. Unbeatable products.

ConsYou get paid for how hard you work. nowhere to hide. takes someone who really wants to be successful, not just do “ok”

Good company

Financial Representative (Former Employee)

ProsGood people and decent bonuses and incentives to sale

ConsStraight commission sales could use more products

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A.....pretty good people and managers overall

Good learning experience

Sales Representative (Current Employee) Dallas, TX (US)

ProsSolid conservative well funnded company

ConsHalf the normal commissions with very poor lead assistance.

Advice to Senior ManagementUnless you supply good very fresh leads, you should pay higher commissions or at least a base salary.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fraternal Benefits for members outstanding

Financial Representative (Current Employee) Sacramento, CA (US)

ProsGreat support form everyone, the support we receive to give back to communities is awesome. Technology is up and coming, lap top with everything needed.....so much more

ConsNo financial support until you receive your license and become an active agent. Need several successful appointments to qualify for Financial support every month.

Advice to Senior ManagementOnce agent passes exam and finger printing Modern Woodmen should really give at least a couple grand to agents to help for at least first 6 months, and training should be done at home office as soon as we are licensed not months later. It would really make a huge difference.

Good job to learn the business but hard

Financial Representative (Former Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsGood training and support. The office where I was at has nothing to do with how the company as a whole is ran. I actually went to home office had a personal lunch with Kenny Massey, and he and the other home office staff were all great people.

ConsYou need to have a lot of money to back you, so when you have to spend it on advertising and tons of other expenses. Although I was a top producing Agent and in our monthly magazine, it was still a hard financial burden topped with a lie of family life balance.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to help your new agents more, stop worrying about the people who kiss your ass to get on you good side, as they talk down about producing agents and try to back-stab them. I left due to this, and I busted my ass putting my family on the side and worked 80hr weeks and worked Saturday and Sunday. All the time. Good place to gain, but not to thrive from.

Genuine people centered around genuine core values

Financial Representative (Current Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsVery rewarding. Amount of effort put in equals the amount of rewards you reap. No salary cap, great benefits, very caring colleagues. There is always someone willing to lend a hand to help. Genuine people that truly believe in the company's core values and principles. Work environment is very different, but positive and motivating, compared to traditional companies. Teaches you to be approachable, but also how to effectively communicate with others. Very flexible schedule; you set your own.

ConsHard when first starting to build your network and business. Initial out-of-pocket expenses may be higher. Business expense tax write-off only counts for the following year. Lots of travel is involved. Must set own appointments.

Advice to Senior ManagementFor managing-partners, stay supportive to your own representatives. For regional directors, stay supportive and offer words of encouragement to those who work under you. Always work as a team and share experiences to help each other.

Good place to provide real value to others in your community.

Financial Representative (Former Employee) Rock Island, IL (US)

ProsExcellent reputation in communities. Meaningful Fraternal benefits to members.

ConsNot always competitive on premium rates and product selection.

Advice to Senior ManagementLess focus on management and more focus on the sales force. Too many Regions that produce next to nothing for the company. Resources allocated to Regional Managers do not directly impact or benefit sales force. Reduce # of Regions and use those funds to support agents through better HO service, and admin assistance in Managing Partner's offices.

Opportunity of a life time

FIN (Current Employee) Lincoln, NE (US)

ProsModern Woodmen rewards good, honest, intelligent effort. I was tired of working for organizations who took advantage of the value that I brought to their business. With Modern Woodmen, I have a great opportunity to better my community, help my clients, and be paid what I am worth. In addition, Modern Woodmen has given me all the tools and training that I need to run a successful business. Having been exposed to several advisors in other regions and the staff at the Home Office, Modern Woodmen is truly an organization that lives up to the high character I expect out of an employer.

ConsGood, honest, intelligent effort is hard to identify. It is a fact that this career path is not for everyone. Within the first few months, our advisors are personally challenged. How one responds to that challenge says a lot about an individual. Unfortunately, the only way to find out is to take that first step.

Advice to Senior ManagementWho you attract is not determined by what you want, but determined by who you are. Continue to lead with integrity, character, and energy.

Best organization to work for

Financial Representative (Current Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsGreat benefits. Great to build relationships with clients and co-workers. Success falls on one's own shoulders. No one can cap my income. Gave me the tools to succeed. Has great training program and benefits as compared to other companies in the area. That fact that MWA is a fraternal organization is awesome.

ConsHard to get started. You have to use own money for necessary business expenses. Takes awhile to be officially appointed with MWA.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe quicker on new technology.

Great company for a retired person or a used car salesman.

Financial Representative (Former Employee) Conway, AR (US)

ProsYou are rewarded for success.

ConsThe older experienced representatives farm young talent to grow the business and then cut them loose when they have gotten every dollar out of you.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive new employees a stable work environment.

Worked for Modern Woodmen? Contribute to the Community!