Molina Healthcare

Molina Healthcare Reviews

Updated Jul 18, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Molina Healthcare Chairman, President, and CEO; Chairman, Molina Healthcare of California J. Mario Molina

J. Mario Molina

Pros
  • Pay is decent and benefits aren't bad(in 8 reviews)

• job security, average pay package, good benefits, just like working in DMV or public sector company(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Promises are made for advancement and not kept by upper management(in 10 reviews)

• Mid- and senior management are complete morons(in 8 reviews)

A great place to work.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThis is a very family-friendly company.

ConsDisparate organizations in support roles.

Advice to Senior ManagementCentralize your support (e.g., technical, IT) organizations. The same support structures can be found in Texas, Louisiana and Utah. Coordination becomes difficult.

Molina Family

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Long Beach, CA (US)

Prospersonal growth, learning, people, culture, environment

Consin-house training classes need some restructuring

Roller coaster

ProsGreat location, some great managers.

ConsSome employees are very difficult to work with, everyone knows each other (referrals).

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more non-referrals!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Working here for 2 years

API (Current Employee) Long Beach, CA (US)

ProsGood working offices. Supervisor support when needed. Good place to start your career to learn and earn experience.

ConsUnderpaid in some cases. They pay you low but expect you work much more than the level they advertised in job posts. They take advantage of your capabilities to do complicated work as much as they can without thinking how to have a corespondent compensation for these!!! As a result, good employees have to leave for better opportunities. Second, they refuse to pay you overtime even though they know you have to work overtime to complete their assignments. Finally you have to take work home without pay if you want not to look bad in front of them, which will affect your humble benefits. Stupid coaching and training system which just creates un-realistic imagination to fill in the coaching forms, cost time, money, create unnecessary pressure, but doesn't bring any effectiveness and improvements.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease think about your employees. If they can do the jobs which nobody in the department can, please consider a fair compensation for them.

Print and Fulfillment department dissolved and outsourced

Print and Fulfillment Specialist (Current Employee) Bothell, WA (US)

ProsThere were some extremely experienced team members who were able to handle huge challenges, and I learned a lot from them in the year I was there.

ConsIn 2014 it was decided to dissolve the in-house print and fulfillment department and outsource it. So as of summer 2014, it simply doesn't exist.
    One of the problems the department had was a cliquish attitude. There was a high school-style "in" group, which got old.
    Another issue was the lack of understanding (or willingness to understand) the time needed to produce custom printed materials on the part of the other offices in the company. There was also a great deal of disorganization. (Perhaps that will be improved on by the vendor who is taking over the department.)

Advice to Senior ManagementSet up an online materials request web site, with requester profiles which include their department, what they have ordered in the past, and subscriptions to materials they'd like to order in the future - so they'll get a 'ping' when someone else in their office places an order for something, they can jump in and order at the same time. Getting a small order for something, followed a week later by another small request for the same thing, is inefficient and not cost effective.

LPN

Prior Authorization Nurse (Current Employee) Bothell, WA (US)

ProsNice professional people to work with

ConsConstant rotation of staff as many leave Molina

Worst plantation ever

Anonymous (Current Employee) Albuquerque, NM (US)

ProsPay is decent and benefits aren't bad

ConsMid- and senior management are complete morons. Employees are slaves expected to just nod their heads and say "Yes massuh" to every idiotic order. Employees are never consulted when processes are changed and do not feel valued. Employees at this health plan are leaving in droves. Office politics are not even thinly disguised, and your advancement is based on who you know. They keep the dysfunctional employees and run off the good ones. I will be gone as soon as I find another job.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvice to corporate: Clean house.

Sales

Sales (Former Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsGood employee health benefits and PTO, good sales manager that tried hard to help.

ConsPay, commission is not what it should be for the same position at another carrier. Molina has no specialist and seemed to not worry about it. They had a scam provider directory that few doctors are actually accepting the MMOP members.. High stress due to lack of providers.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet specialist that out PCP's can refer to. It's pathetic. Get transition of care. Medicare requires these things and eventually it's going to catch up to Molina, it will not be good. Distribute a directory that is correct and not a sham!

Awful workplace

Case Manager (Former Employee) Springfield, IL (US)

ProsPay, benefits, Co workers, members, volunteer opportunities.

ConsManagement, senior leadership, no training, all employees are referred, segregation amongst departments, no communication amongst departments

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your staff. Ask them questions better yet you should know the job better than your staff. Nothing is worse than asking your manager for assistance and being given the wrong information. You're not that busy, your job is to manage not 8hr meetings all day. Communicate with the staff what goes on in those meetings. Have your staff back. They know the job better than you. Stop talking behind all your staff back and gossiping with your referrals. It does get out when we're out on breaks. We know you aren't smart. We know the ones that's skating by. We won't cover for you and do your work for you while you take the credit. You should talk to the other department managers to find out what the others are responsible for. Know your workflow and other departments as well. At least know where you can find it. Lastly, learn how to comprehend. Don't just read understand what you're reading. Mayer fact take the time to read before you hit the reply button. We don't have time to continously train our new managers.

Nightmare

Case Manager (Current Employee)

Prosgood pay and benefits if your single

Conspeople are rude unprofessional, no stability no one follows dress code, to many bosses, work is unreal not enough training for job

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more supportive, recognize everyone not just certain indiivduals.Get more training on being a supervisior or people skills

Worked for Molina Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!