Molina Healthcare

Molina Healthcare Reviews

Updated Jul 18, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Molina Healthcare Chairman, President, and CEO; Chairman, Molina Healthcare of California J. Mario Molina

J. Mario Molina

Pros
  • Pay is decent and benefits aren't bad(in 8 reviews)

• job security, average pay package, good benefits, just like working in DMV or public sector company(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Promises are made for advancement and not kept by upper management(in 10 reviews)

• Mid- and senior management are complete morons(in 8 reviews)

Member Services Rep

Member Services Representative (Former Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsI loved working there at Molina

Conspay was ok, worked in a call center in Houston. It was not as stressful as the average call center.

Professional cohesive family like environment.

Contract Cordinator (Current Employee) Bothell, WA (US)

ProsMolina employees truly want to work, and all work well with others. The pay is decent, depending on your department the workflow is progressively satisfying.

ConsHaven't a complaint at all. Molina has proven to be credible to their name and dually supportive of their employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemain proactive and there will never be a need to be reactive.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

This company is deceiving in that they pretend to care for their hard working employees

Corporate Recruiter (Former Employee) Long Beach, CA (US)

ProsThis company offers exceptional benefits.

ConsThis company hires friends and family of the Molina's that don't have talent nor are qualified to run a billion dollar managed care corporation. The employees bleed Molina green and then are blindsided with terminations. This company will suck you dry and spit you out. I had a strong passion for this company and was a loyal, loyal employee and one day they decided they had no more use for me. This is a common occurence.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a clue on hiring executives who are not friends and family of the Molina's and get away from the Good Ol' Boys Club mentality.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The most stressful job I've ever had!!

RN Case Manager (Current Employee) Irving, TX (US)

ProsI can't think of any

ConsUnreasonable expectations, below average pay, upper management does not listen to employees concerns.

RN case manager

Clinical Case Manager (Current Employee) Bothell, WA (US)

ProsGood benefit package and stable job

Consnot innovative, management is not involved with staff

No Innovation. Bad Office Environment. This job sucks!!!!!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Irving, TX (US)

ProsI really enjoy my co-workers. I work with some of the best people I have ever met. Also if you are sick you can work from home. And that's about it.

ConsThis company seems to lack vision. Employees are not valued here and it is a revolving door. So many people either quit or get fired. Also, I go days and weeks without having any projects assigned. The job would be boring but there is so much office politics and drama that there is never a dull moment. This company sr. management also have a finger-pointing, blame others, and throw who they can under the bus. This job is so stressful.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease treat people with respect and learn how to have a little fun and stop being so uptight. I do not see how you all can compete with other MCO companies that have Christmas parties, wear jeans, more PTO, work from home policies, & market share.

There are better places to work. Would avoid this one.

Corporate Director (Former Employee)

ProsWork hours were sometimes flexible and people around the company seemed generally OK. The salary was below industry levels but decent. Bonuses are a total joke so don't factor that in. Benefits were decent.

ConsThey are big on family slogans, but it is pure BS. The work environment is awful. Leaders (funny term in this place) are phony. Companies sometimes say stuff like our people are our biggest asset. Definitely not the case here. Very high management turnover. HR appears unprofessional. Good people get axed and just disappear over night. It appears senior managers are poorly equipped and poorly trained. Spent almost three years very anxiety filled years here. Very happy now in a truly professional environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementPeople here do not really listen, so advice is wasted.

Avoid This Place

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Long Beach, CA (US)

ProsSalary and Benefits are not bad

ConsToo many to list. Contractors are literally third class citizens particularly if you are an American. The place is run by H1s with a small scattering of Americans. Management is oppressive and completely out of touch with the yelling, threats, and pure nastiness that is this place. Expertise is completely wasted here since the average H1 has no idea what they are doing and choose to point fingers. Blame based environment where the least qualified is promoted. Don't waste your time here.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Poor Interview follow-up

Information Technology Applicant (Current Employee) Remote, OR (US)

Prospromotes virtual corporate structure through remote positoins

ConsEvidently they do not training hiring managers to have a little more courtesy

Advice to Senior ManagementTraining your hiring managers to have a little more courtesy.

Repetitive

Provider Service Representative (Current Employee) Baton Rouge, LA (US)

ProsThe pros are a paycheck and the benefits

ConsManagement does't manage. They let people get away with not doing their work, talk all day, and basically avoid work. The people who actually do work are overloaded because of the work avoiders. The work is repetitive, you talk to the same people everyday and ask the same questions. It gets old very quickly. Many people have quit the company and management refuse to fill the positions so everyone has too many tasks and many mistakes are made.

Worked for Molina Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!