Molina Healthcare

Molina Healthcare Reviews

Updated Jul 31, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Molina Healthcare Chairman, President, and CEO; Chairman, Molina Healthcare of California J. Mario Molina

J. Mario Molina

Pros
  • Pay is decent and benefits aren't bad (in 8 reviews)

• job security, average pay package, good benefits, just like working in DMV or public sector company (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Promises are made for advancement and not kept by upper management (in 10 reviews)

• Mid- and senior management are complete morons (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

Mixed experience good and bad

ProsGreat culture, great benefits, full of opportunity to grow and succeed.

ConsIT upper middle and lower management are terrible, condone and practice nepotism to its fullest extent, they also retaliate and get rid of anyone opposing their agendas regardless of the effort that people make to uphold company's standards.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of all of them in IT, they are nothing but HOLLYWOOD and as such waste precious company talent and money to line their own and also their friends and family

Claims Adjudicator

Claims Examiner (Current Employee) Long Beach, CA (US)

ProsPatience, persistent and Investigative, Growing, and Accepting

ConsHesitant, naive and unassuming, Old Fashion, Unbending

Advice to Senior ManagementBe Open

GOOD

ProsPTO and flexible hours for fulltime only

ConsSome managers and bosses do not interact with the employees

Advice to Senior Managementnothing

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

This has got to be the strangest place I haveever worked

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat Benefits, decent pay. The president of the company is the coolest guy ever!

ConsAfter you have received absolutely NO training at all. They take you into a room and evaluate you. They point out everything you have never been taught and make you feel like crap. Once you finally get the hang of things, mind you, because they have finally taught you something by criticizing the crap out of you (Criticism is your technical training). At your next evaluation, they tell you everything you've done wrong again...while you feel like you have helped the world, and have worked very hard....Management can't see it for being so focused on the negative. It is very sad. They seem to promote people based on how easy they are to work with, instead of promoting those who are qualified and really deserve the job. Also, I always feel like, somebody's watchhhhing meeee.......And I have no privacy. Most people I have spoken to are disgusted. It would behoove you to stay to yourself in a place like that. They go ask people if they want to be promoted instead of posting jobs so everyone has a fair shot. It is almost equivalent to the Stepford Wives.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote people based upon their knowledge skills and abilities.

Great company and people.

Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) Reston, VA (US)

ProsI started working as a part time pharmacy technician with while still in college. My supervisor was very understanding when it came to school responsibilities and not only allowed me a fairly versatile schedule, but was also very encouraging. Upon graduation I was offered a full time job in a difficult economy. They see their employees as an important investment and disperse their profits down the ladder. They offer great health benefits, retirement accounts, ESPP, discounts, and rewards.

ConsAs can be expected, some supervisors can have some negative qualities, but if brought up to them or their supervisor, they will take steps to better the working environment.

Since Molina Healthcare is a publicly traded company, sometimes daily activities can be profit driven, especially towards the end of fiscal periods. This can add stress to life, but is offset by the fact that they offer ESPP.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the family-driven management style.

Data Entry

ProsEnjoy helping people in need

ConsToo many cooks in the kitchen

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a look at how your management is running your company. Just because they are hitting numbers doesn't mean they are treating your staff they way they deserve to be treated.

horrible culture, ethics, work environment

Systems Analyst (Former Employee) Boise, ID (US)

Prosa job that pays and some some beneifts

Consmanagement is horrible
    the hvac doesn't work
    employees stab each other in the back
    corporate culture does not bleed to local culture of this office
    pigeon holing
    middle management is clueless and their hands are tied on all matters
    i could go on but you should have an idea by now.

Advice to Senior Managementquit or get fired- either way, just don't be there. you suck at managing anyone and should all diaf.

Do NOT Work For This Employer

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Long Beach, CA (US)

ProsI worked for this employer in two locations: Washington and California. I can't say enough good things about the WASHINGTON locations. I felt valued and respected as a team member and I felt the management was really trying to better the culture of the company and respect their employees.

ConsHowever, the experience I had working for this company in CALIFORNIA was the exact opposite. The corporate culture was oppressive and inflexible. I was illegally fired when I was 7 months pregnant after over a year of being shifted around to various positions that were well below my skill level because the company couldn't get it together enough to finally start the position I was transferred to this location for. I was repeatedly treated like I was an inexperienced and low-level employee, despite having education and experience higher than many of the management staff. I feel that this company, in general, does NOT respect its employees and I would not at all suggest that anybody take a job here if you want to feel like you're a valued member of a team.

Decent job, but problems working with Corporate office

ProsGood Values, no micro-managing. Some employees are very talented and many are very nice people. The office location is great.

ConsTop management are too self-involved. They don't care too much about their reports - don't want any details about the work their reports actually do, just "get it done".

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to be more involved with the people who work under you. There also needs to be some structure and agreement about what corporate office is responsible for and what the plan level is responsible for. Too many tasks and responsibilities get pushed down to the plan level without notice or preparation.

Great company to work for!

Human Resources (Current Employee) Long Beach, CA (US)

ProsI have worked here as an intern for one year and I love it. The culture is amazing and management is very helpful and a lot of fun to work with.

ConsThey don't have a big budget for certain projects.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

Worked for Molina Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!