www.molinahealthcare.com

Molina Healthcare Reviews

Updated 14 December 2014
Updated 14 December 2014
2.6

Molina Healthcare Chairman, President, and CEO; Chairman, Molina Healthcare of California J. Mario Molina
J. Mario Molina

Pros
  • Pay is decent and benefits aren't bad (in 9 reviews)

• They have good benefits,nice people to work with and chance for growth (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Promises are made for advancement and not kept by upper management (in 12 reviews)

• Worst work-life balance I've ever had the displeasure to experience (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

If you want to live, don't work here

I worked at Molina Healthcare full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Fairly competitive salary and benefits

Cons

Two-faced managers, supervisors who bully, unethical and toxic environment. I wouldn't wish Molina on my worst enemy. Worst work-life balance I've ever had the displeasure to experience. Getting the hell out of there was done to save my life. A bunch of unqualified, back-stabbing hypocrites.

Clean house!

Why does Molina block emails?

I have been working at Molina Healthcare

Pros

Don't know, maybe health benefits, stock options, they say it feels like a mom and pop company.

Cons

I know a lot of companies want to play the negotiation game when interviewing, but Molina wants you to ask upfront before your interview (most companies frown on this). I guess my email was blacked because I asked about the salary at my second interview and not prior.

Improve IT work culture and Environment.

Former Employee - Project Manager in Long Beach, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Long Beach, CA (US)

I worked at Molina Healthcare as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

I worked at Molina Health care as a consultant, the only good part was the location, nothing else.

Cons

Middle/ Senior IT management needs to be trained enough to take the responsibilities rather then relying upon their own team members and PM's.

PMO processes are not very well defined, there are too many cooks who are spoiling the broth.

Team culture and team building does not exist within IT.

Please provide proper training to the IT Management.

Human Resources

I have been working at Molina Healthcare

Pros

Great opportunities to grow your career, if your manager/leader has the right leadership skills to invest in the talent of their team. CFO values its employees.

Cons

Inconsistent practices, nepotism, challenges with fast-growth, and compensation/bonus are low.

Continue to develop managers and employees.

Molina is a great place to get started!

I have been working at Molina Healthcare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Molina is a great place to get started in a career. The culture is amazing and people are genuine. Some great talent in the organization. I was pleased with the beginning salary offer.

Cons

Training focuses mainly on HR related issues and there are few opportunities for professional development within areas related to current position.

From a middle management perspective, senior leaders would do well to listen to issues that impact their management team. These challenges, however small to a senior leader, grow larger and become significant and overwhelming and negatively impact overall positive outcomes. The philosophy of team work is lacking.

medicare customer service representative

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Houston, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Houston, TX (US)

I worked at Molina Healthcare full-time (less than an year)

Pros

getting to assist many people on a daily basis with their needs

Cons

training was not up to 100%

Make sure all employees are properly trained.

Mixed experience good and bad

I have been working at Molina Healthcare full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great culture, great benefits, full of opportunity to grow and succeed.

Cons

IT upper middle and lower management are terrible, condone and practice nepotism to its fullest extent, they also retaliate and get rid of anyone opposing their agendas regardless of the effort that people make to uphold company's standards.

Get rid of all of them in IT, they are nothing but HOLLYWOOD and as such waste precious company talent and money to line their own and also their friends and family

Poorly Managed

Former Employee - Data Analyst in Long Beach, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Data Analyst in Long Beach, CA (US)

I worked at Molina Healthcare as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

If you want to work for a company with growth potential then this is the place. They will experience huge revenue increases since they administer government funded health insurance. The growth potential is only limited by their marketing team and their ability to land new contracts with new states. This company will be in business for a long time.

Cons

Very poorly management. Steer clear of this company. If you choose to work for this company be very careful regarding management. Make sure you get a good feeling regarding the hiring management and your future boss.

I worked hard for this company. During my current job search my previous boss provided a bad recommendation. Very surprising and luckily a company I was applying to gave me the heads-up. It is etiquette to provide no information rather than a poor recommendation. This is a very poorly managed company (which you can verify from other reviews). Employee morale is very low.

Sabotaging a previous employees job search is despicable. This is an incredibly difficult company for employees that care about doing a good job.

Focus on employee morale. I never heard about anonymous surveys performed by this company. Perhaps some departments look for feedback but mine did not. Pay very close attention to their suggestions.

Worst company I have ever worked for

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakbrook Ter, IL (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakbrook Ter, IL (US)

I worked at Molina Healthcare full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Many employees truly believe in the mission that Molina pretends to portray, that of helping the poor, underserved community.

Cons

Behind the scenes in the management and corporate environment, it was apparent that the "Molina Family" cares nothing about the underserved population or it's altruistic, hard working employees. Unfortunately, it is all about making a buck for the CEOS and corporate team. Molina is at least 20 years behind the times in data and technology which makes it impossible to manage healthcare effectively in today's environment. The corporate team is all about blaming of employees instead of support and getting the job done.

Get out of the business of caring for poor people and go live on Wall Street.

Molina Healthcare

Current Employee - Community Outreach in Long Beach, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Community Outreach in Long Beach, CA (US)

I have been working at Molina Healthcare part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great Company to work in

Cons

No Cons associated with this job opportunity

Hardwork is key