Molina Healthcare

Molina Healthcare Reviews

Updated Jul 29, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Molina Healthcare Chairman, President, and CEO; Chairman, Molina Healthcare of California J. Mario Molina

J. Mario Molina

Pros
  • Pay is decent and benefits aren't bad (in 8 reviews)

• job security, average pay package, good benefits, just like working in DMV or public sector company (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Promises are made for advancement and not kept by upper management (in 10 reviews)

• Mid- and senior management are complete morons (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

Molina is a good place to work.

Graphic Artist (Current Employee) Bothell, WA (US)

ProsBenefits, life-work balance, lots of time off

Consunderpaid, does to much internal stuff

Molina Medicaid is Resistant to Change

Manager IT (Current Employee)

ProsThe Molina Healthcare culture from the California parent company is great - the company values its employees and goes out of its way to make people a part of the team and focus on Molina's customers.

ConsThe state Medicaid group is stuck in the past and refuses to change. New ideas are ignored and new employees are regarded as not understanding "how we do things." Transparency across the Medicaid group is non-existent.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet out of the past and realistically assess the Medicaid environment.

Dissatisfied, they don't care about their employees

Project Manager (Former Employee) Augusta, ME (US)

ProsOffer good benefits. Do offer training and promote from within. If you conform to 'their' way, you can go far.

ConsLeadership is ineffective. There is blatant discrimination throughout the company. The morale of Maine employees is at an all time low, rather than trying to improve it, they just ignore it. Good employees are leaving. HR representation is a joke. Molina does not care about its employees, their only focus is on money. They literally drove me out with a bully boss and created a hostile environment for everyone in my department.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend more time listening to your employees and follow through with their complaints.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I am hoping I will like the company better if/when I can be promoted out of the call center.

Member Services Representative (Current Employee) Bothell, WA (US)

ProsLow cost personal health insurance. The history of how the company came to be. The Molina family. I was impressed with their ideals when visiting the corporate office.

ConsPerformance being graded solely on numerous stats/matrix. If you don't meet their extremely high goals they are very quick to write you up. Being monitored every minute of every day. Constant reminders. Half hour lunches. Not enough time to go out for lunch. Very rigid schedules. Difficult to develop comrodery with co workers because all breaks and lunches are scheduled for you each day. No time to blow off steam after a crappy phone call, the next one comes whether you are ready for it or not. And there are many crappy phone calls when you are administering Medicaid. Very stressful job with low pay and perfection being expected of you every minute.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop treating call center employees like they are children. Trust your employees more and treat them like the intelligent adults they are. I understand phone coverage is priority in a call center. However, the entire staff is not going to just get up and take their lunch and breaks at the same time. The schedule could at least be to take lunch during a particular hour but not down to the exact minute. Recognize an employee's worth based on experience and pay them a living wage. Recognize that some of your requirements just don't make sense. Required statements/scripts during phone calls that do not follow the natural flow of conversation.

The BEST Company I have ever worked for

Provider Research & Resolution Representative II (Current Employee) Troy, MI (US)

ProsMolina is truly a family oriented company, and they make each employee feel special. I have great a great benefit package and compensation.

ConsNo work at home opportunities in my department

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is great and very flexible. I am not just saying these things because I have worked at two other Insurance companies, and I have NEVER enjoyed my employment like I do here at Molina.

Proceed with caution

ProsCo-workers and middle management care about the quality of the work - their own and the mission of the company.

ConsCorporate is out of touch with the state health plans. Genuine and compentent executives are few and far between. Decisions are made based on personal agendas and nepotism rather than on sound business.

Molina could be much better

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Detroit, MI (US)

ProsSalary was comparable. Good co-workers.

ConsLeadership is no longer effective. There is blatant discrimination throughout the company. The morale of employees is at an all time low, rather than trying to improve it, they just ignore it. Good employees are leaving. HR representation is a joke. Molina does not care about its employees, their only focus is on money.

Advice to Senior ManagementLeadership should listen to their staff.

Review

Quality Analyst (Current Employee)

ProsGood Healthcare company to work for

ConsNot into remote workers, genaerally

Molina is a good place to learn

Intern (Current Employee) Bothell, WA (US)

ProsInnovative and adaptive, the company is definitely growing as many companies are during medicare expansion. We have one of the largest provider networks in Washington which makes dealing with prospective providers easier. The work we do is rewarding.

ConsSome managers and bosses do not interact with their employees well. Communication is a two way street and everybody should allow transparency when possible.

A lot of change, all at once

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Trenton, NJ (US)

ProsA lot of growth in the company. A lot of opportunity in the industry. Growth opportunity for those with the right skills. Good benefits.

ConsA lot of growing pains. Issues with management not being ready for all of the change. Maybe a bit too much for them to handle.

Worked for Molina Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!