MomentumSI

MomentumSI Reviews

4.0

CEO

Great place to work

Current Employee - Director  in  San Jose, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Director in San Jose, CA (US)

Pros

- I worked here for several years before I left to try some new things. Came back a year and a half ago to take advantage of a great opportunity.
    - The fact that I get exposed to multiple leading edge technologies, inherently promotes my job security.
    - Few companies have the learning opportunities afforded here.
    - Management is fair in all matters, internal or customer-facing.
    - The firm is growing rapidly given demand for modern technology services.
    - I get to work remotely from the Bay Area. Although, I collaborate extensively with colleagues on Hangouts, Skype, StatusPath and Yammer.

Cons

- Because I work remote, I sometimes miss daily interactions with colleagues on a daily basis in an office environment.
    - If you are not intellectually curious and not always looking to expand your knowledge, you will not like it here.

I already provide ideas and feedback to management on an ongoing basis. Glad to report that I get a fair hearing and actions taken based on merit.

My experience was fantastic at MomentumSI- as ideal as possible

Current Employee - Senior Consultant  in  Austin, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Austin, TX (US)

Pros

Working with the newest,latest and greatest technologies and staying ahead of the technology curve with DevOp's and Cloud. Getting to travel and work at different client sites and with grow my skill set through the different opportunities

Cons

Not a lot to complain about; great team to work with and if anything, just the travel can be an adjustment to get used to

Continue to provide different opportunities to grow from within

Technically rewarding, verbal expectation nightmare

Former Employee - Senior Principal Consultant  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Principal Consultant in Houston, TX (US)

Pros

Best of MSI is their ability to ask you to do anything beyond what you've done already - great for folks who want to expand their technical abilities and are self-motivated to learn. They pay/reward well for specific ability. They will also expect your participation in CEO efforts that often expand your technical ability and be of strategic value at the time. Good recognition for those contributions.

Cons

MSI has long hours and are very apt to tell you one thing yet do another. Make sure you get all 'offers' and statements of work in writing - especially when it comes to anything you 'think' you'll receive as compensation for work/travel or expect to do at a client. If you're not currently engaged - be prepared to do low level development or sales support if you're a consultant- this is not a job where you can focus only on your given area of expertise.

Formalize the hiring process and ensure verbal discussions match written SOWs and or agreements with clients and employees. Nothing worse than going to a client expecting one thing and doing another. (This is from an expectation on both the client part - and the consultant's.)

Worked for MomentumSI? Contribute to the Community!