NCH

Add Photos

Irvin L. Levy

Old company being changed

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Bilston, England

ProsLots of new things happening
    Good communication with managers
    Okay office, good respect for personal issues

ConsLack of annual pay rises!

Advice to Senior ManagementThere's good ideas for the future, but this needs to be pushed throughout the company--some people do not support well.

Innovative company and a great place to work

Management Development Program (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC (US)

ProsCertified Labs has some of the best sales training that quickly gets you up to speed to sell in the field. The support system fosters a great culture throughout all levels of the company. Your success is directly related with your work effort. The company really sets you up for success. I would recommend to a friend

ConsFor some people this may be a con. In order to be successful you have to work hard.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to keep employee engagement high.

Job Security

Technical Service Chemist (Current Employee) Irving, TX (US)

ProsFamily oriented company, Stable company, looking for a long term job, this is the place for you.

Conssalary are a bit lower that others if you don't work at the corporte building

Advice to Senior ManagementEncourage employees higher education.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

This is the best company I have worked with.

Sales Representative - Certified Labs (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsThe people here really care about you and the management team is great. You can set your own pace and this company is constantly growing. You can make as much or as little as you want. There are also great opportunities to grow within the company. This could absolutely be my last stop.

ConsIf you are use to selling on price this job is not for you. The products will always cost more than others on the market but they are the best and that's a fact.

There has never been a better time to work for this company.

Sales Representative (Current Employee) Detroit, MI (US)

Pros- Fantastic training, sales reps are treated like gold.
    - High quality products I am proud to sell.
    - Uncapped commissions and plenty of opportunity for advancement.

Cons- Product line is sold based on value so you need to be a good sales person not an order-taker.
    - We are in the process of updating a lot of our presentations and technology, but it's getting way better.

Advice to Senior ManagementThings seem to take a long time to get accomplished and there is some resistance to the changes that are happening at the company, but that is far outweighed by the company culture. I have yet to meet someone that wasn't immediately likable. I would also like to see some web based marketing improvements.

Good people, but stuck in their ways

Prosgood people; some departments really want to invest in their employees

ConsVery hierarchical and political environment; very low pay in comparison to other organizations; not a forward thinking organization

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your employees more, everyone there talks about leaving as soon as they get a better offer elsewhere. You are losing talent.

Review 5 years in the making...

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsAble to skate by due to so much going on, no one realizes stuff isn't getting done because everybody thinks someone else is responsible for it so it just never gets done.

ConsThis billion dollar company is still being run like a mom and pop shop. Budgets are so strict some departments still have typewriters and are just unable to properly do their job...frustrated with not being provided adequate tools to do their job (but then get disappointing performance reviews for not doing a good/proper job) people get fed up and quit after 1-3 years. I feel their pain.
    Every single employee does the bare minimum to skate by and get their paycheck. There is no company pride.

Advice to Senior ManagementOpen your wallet! You gotta spend money to make money. And remember every person below you needs to be treated like a human.

Family Company with great products and unlimited earning potential

ProsValue based products promote loyalty to rep and company. Uncapped earning potential. Recession resistant. Company very loyal to hard working, high attitude people. Best outside sales training in the business.

ConsCould be more up to date in the technology department...

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to promote ways to connect the outside sales force with each other.

Well established company, been around for many years, stable. You could have a career here.

Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee)

ProsI worked for Certified Labs, a NCH division. They provided extensive training, and support for me and the rest of the sales team. Management is really respectful, and do a pretty good job. Pay can be decent if you're willing to break your back everyday.

ConsNCH's umbrella of companies creates a conflicting battle for business which is absolutely pointless! Literally the same exact products with different labels, and multiple reps in the same area. This is such a pain to deal with. Expense compensation is TERRIBLE. With all of the gifts they want you to buy clients and potential clients, and the gas and car damage from driving everywhere, the $200 a month is an absolute joke. Also, the industry in which you'll be working is dirty.

Be prepared to work this job from the moment you wake up, until you go to bed at night. Organizing all of your leads, clients, etc etc, while processing orders (yep, you have to do that too), when you get home from work, you'll spend 3 hours on the computer and then your day is completely gone.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis company makes an extreme amount of money each year. Show some love to your reps in the field who drive their own vehicles almost 50,000 miles a year. Find a more efficient way for reps to enter orders. iPads would make sense. Boom, you place the order right there! Listen up management!

Lack of strategic clarity/alignment. Limited upward mobility.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPleasant work environment, fitness center.

ConsPoor overall communication between management and mid-managers. Lack of clarity and alignment around corporate strategic goals. Limited transparency around corporate problems/challenges inhibits ability to resolve them cross-functionally. Industry is in decline.

Worked for NCH? Contribute to the Community!