NIKE Reviews

Updated 19 September 2014
3.9

NIKE President & CEO Mark G. Parker
Mark G. Parker

Pros
  • Work-life balance is good as long as your direct manager is on board too (in 57 reviews)

• It is a laid back work environment, but there is definite emphasis on getting the job done (in 52 reviews)

Cons
  • If you have a family it can be difficult to manage work life balance (in 22 reviews)

• Sometimes long hours and late nights at work in order to communicate with overseas vendors (in 22 reviews)

More Highlights

motivating and inspirational each day.

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager  in  Glasgow, Scotland
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Glasgow, Scotland

I have been working at NIKE full-time for more than a year

Pros

ethos, benefits, community work, product, people

Cons

communication between departments, pace, no petty cash,

Constant bullying and pressure

I worked at NIKE

Pros

It's amazing discounts however with the premium price of shoes in comparison to the pay I can understand why..

All the team members on your level are friendly and keep the shifts entertaining to say the most

Cons

Terrible management. They do not know what they are doing.

They choose ridiculous locations for stores and fill these stores with old trainers I would never think about buying and wonder why we don't get a huge profit.

Management are constantly nagging you and pressurising you to do more and more and do not acknowledge one bit of success.. Feels like I'm back in school.

The management are bullies in abuse of their power.

The discount as I said is good but for premium priced shoes on a part time contract it's understandable why..!

No holidays ever.. Keep getting denied my holiday requests.

Hours are terrible. Both if you want more hours or less.. Stupid retails 4 hour shift pattern makes it a pain to balance school/college & having a social life..!

Again the management are abusive to other staff behind their backs and there is a lot and lot of sneaky comments about people's personal lives and work ethics in store.. It really is a very manipulative and bullying atmosphere where If you don't stand up you will be trodden on & if you do stand up for yourself you will be cautious about losing your job.

Furthermore when a member of staff complained to higher powers the higher power told the manager and made this employees life hell.

Management need more training and need to stop putting so much pressure on staff as without these staff they would be nothing.

Listen to your team members.

I have been extremely honest in this review.

If you want to work for nike be prepared to be made to feel like a child.

Very good

Current Employee - Nike Athlete  in  London, England
    Current Employee - Nike Athlete in London, England

I have been working at NIKE part-time for more than a year

Pros

Friendly atmosphere, a company who care about their staff.

Cons

It can be hard to apply.

Keep doing such a great job.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Amazing company, endless possibilities if you work for it

Former Employee - Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at NIKE full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great products, great people, great sales meetings. Work hard play hard culture.

Cons

Some long hours, and time away from home, but if you don't mind that enjoy it

Great work environment, good benefits, young and active coworkers

I worked at NIKE as a contractor

Pros

good hours, very young, active and international co-workers, great possibilities to exercise and sport, nice activities outside of office hours

Cons

Hilversum is not a big city and not so nice to live when you are young (but it is only 45 min travelling from amsterdam..), wages are on the low side when you start.

Great working environment and people, definitely hard work at times

Former Employee - Part-time Athlete  in  London, England
    Former Employee - Part-time Athlete in London, England

I worked at NIKE part-time for more than a year

Pros

40% discount on friends and familly

Cons

Spending with your discount it limited

Ask employees on the floor ways to improve, they work on the floor, they no what does and doesn't work well

Fun company in Portland, Oregon area

Current Employee - Senior Business Systems Analyst  in  Beaverton, OR (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Business Systems Analyst in Beaverton, OR (US)

I have been working at NIKE full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Benefits are good. Summer hours provide opportunity to enjoy the beautiful Northwest summers. Corporate employees get annual public transportation pass. Sustainable conscious company. Employees seem to enjoy working here. Employee discount on cool sportswear and sneakers extended to immediate family and in-laws. Very nice facilities. If you’re young in your 20’s, great place to meet people.

Cons

Decisions tend to take longer with many consensus and politicking and layers of bureaucracy involved. Danger of getting pigeon-holed in your initial position. Really have to network to find other internal opportunities and be responsible for your own career development

Keep or start encouraging employees to be confident in making decisions and own the outcome. Whether succeed or fail, what was learned and how to improve is more important.

Fun place to work but difficult place to have work life balance making it easy to get burnt out.

Former Employee - Senior Product Developer  in  Portland, OR (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Product Developer in Portland, OR (US)

I worked at NIKE full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Working at Nike gave me a chance to grow as a person and an employee. For me, it was an intense work environment but I really enjoyed my job so that helped deal with the day to day intensity. Most of the people that I worked with were great. The team environment feels more like a family than just coworkers. Definitely high energy and fun work place that values its employees and expects the best from them.

Cons

Nike seems to have a just do it way of doing business. There are no excuses. This attitude doesn't always make sense when it comes to training. Nike doesn't always make sure that people are trained and prepared for their next opportunity. They do not on board people well at all. It's sink or swim. They do not pay well.

I haven't seen many excellent managers at Nike. Most of them are lacking leadership skills. The company should focus on properly training and hiring the right people to manage others. A bad manager can really ruin the work environment and the effectiveness of the people that they manage.

Great company to work for!

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at NIKE full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Sports and unlimited career opportunities! You get to wear comfy gear all day! It's a very fun environment!
    Nike is pretty flexible when it comes to school. You can custom make your schedule according to your life style.
    While working at Nike you get a chance to engage with many people from all over the world! I have met tons of celebs and athletes while working at Nike.
    The company also have a Better World program where one is given a chance to participate in community events while still being paid as if you were at work. Awesome company to work for!

Cons

Super busy during Marathon but fun at the same time. I believe the benefits with healthcare can be a little better.
    Another con is the blackout days are from Oct 10, 2014 -Jan 2015. with little open days available for time off.

eye opening

I have been working at NIKE

Pros

the food was great

Cons

the dumb you down mentally

Worked for NIKE? Contribute to the Community!