NIKE

NIKE Reviews

Updated Apr 17, 2014

NIKE President & CEO Mark G. Parker

Mark G. Parker

Pros:
  • "Work-life balance is good as long as your direct manager is on board too"
    in 46 reviews
  • "great work environment and encourage good balance between work and life"
    in 47 reviews
Cons:
  • "Overall business process management is well behind the times, extremely unbalanced work/life balance (life"
    in 20 reviews
  • "Sometimes long hours and late nights at work in order to communicate with overseas vendors"
    in 20 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Very good

Nike Athlete (Current Employee)
London, England

I have been working at NIKE part-time for more than a year

ProsFriendly atmosphere, a company who care about their staff.

ConsIt can be hard to apply.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing such a great job.

Amazing company, endless possibilities if you work for it

Sales Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at NIKE full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGreat products, great people, great sales meetings. Work hard play hard culture.

ConsSome long hours, and time away from home, but if you don't mind that enjoy it

Great work environment, good benefits, young and active coworkers

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at NIKE as a contractor

Prosgood hours, very young, active and international co-workers, great possibilities to exercise and sport, nice activities outside of office hours

ConsHilversum is not a big city and not so nice to live when you are young (but it is only 45 min travelling from amsterdam..), wages are on the low side when you start.

Great working environment and people, definitely hard work at times

Part-time Athlete (Former Employee)
London, England

Pros40% discount on friends and familly

ConsSpending with your discount it limited

Advice to Senior ManagementAsk employees on the floor ways to improve, they work on the floor, they no what does and doesn't work well

Just do it!

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
Marysville, WA (US)

I worked at NIKE part-time for more than a year

ProsI worked at Nike as a seasonal sales associate starting off. That position hires you above minimum wage and gives you up to 40 hours a week if you have availability for it. If they like your performance they keep you as a regular employee working 19.5 hours and below. This job was seriously fun. I don't know if that's because the location just had great managers (called coaches) or why, but it was such a great experience!
PROS: good wage for an entry level job with no degree required, easy to learn about their products and history through paid comprehensive training, 30% discount off merchandise even when on sale, access to the Employee Store in Beaverton OR, free shoes, pants, and shirt for work, Nike employees are friendly type A people which adds so much to the fun of working there, store meetings always have free pizza and games, Nike is great at recognizing employees Nd if you show you're a hard worker you can be nominated by your head coach for a traveling opportunity such as running a booth for Nike in NY for the US tennis Open!!! And if you got picked to do it they would pay for the whole trip even food.

ConsRetail after a year or so can be very frustrating. The customers (we call them guests) will get on your very last nerve and the fact that you work holidays will eventually get old too.
CONS: not a set schedule so planing ahead of the schedule being released can be near impossible unless you requested it off in a timely manor, Black Friday is hellish and you might end up working the split shift aka two time in 24 hours, every employee works Black Friday, no exceptions, you don't get commission so even if you work really hard the most you get is a possible MVP award and a better yearly raise, but people who get hired before you and have accumulated more raises will still get paid more even if they are the worst worker ever! Also seasonal positions get hired higher and higher each year so sometimes if you haven't been there very long the new seasonal employees will make more than you and still not as experienced as you. Customers can be very rude and literally make you hate them.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet corporate to pay people more if they are hard workers and stop hiring seasonal employees at a rate higher than your true employees who love and work hard at their job.

Amazing Company, Amazing People

Beaverton, OR (US)

I have been working at NIKE as a contractor for less than a year

ProsEven as a contractor the team I work for has treated me like I am really apart of their team. Nike makes you feel at home and part of the family.

ConsMoving from a contractor to perm. position takes a long time. I feel that while Nike teaches to obtain and retain the top talent, but they overlook who they have or are slow to do that.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust to remember to hang on to talent and loyalty. Having both qualities is having a gem in an employee/ETW and not all have BOTH qualities, so those who do, keep them.

Internship Experience at NIKE, China

Intern (Former Employee)
Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I worked at NIKE as an intern for less than a year

ProsHelpful colleague, relaxed atmosphere , good pay and benefits and chances of growth

ConsSometimes atmosphere looks too relaxed to take things easy..

Good Company

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
Anthem, AZ (US)

I worked at NIKE part-time for more than a year

ProsFun atmosphere and a good place to learn more about how athletic apparel and footwear impact an athletes performance.

ConsNo commission. Would work hard to meet goals for the store and would get a low hourly salary with no commission

Sports focused performance in all areas of the business.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Hillsboro, OR (US)

I worked at NIKE as a contractor for less than a year

ProsMany opportunities for advancement if you are a full time employee and wonderful atmosphere to work in.

ConsHard to find permanent jobs with benefits because they use so many contract employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou probably lose a lot of good people because of contracting out positions.

Great work environment, but can be hard to maneuver from one job to the next.

Learning Coordinator (Former Employee)
Beaverton, OR (US)

I worked at NIKE full-time for less than a year

ProsIt is a laid back work environment, but there is definite emphasis on getting the job done. You have the opportunity to go work out on your lunch. There are a lot of fun events especially during the summer. Also, there are athletes that drop in quite often.

ConsIt can be very hard to maneuver from one job to the next if you do not know how the culture works.

Worked for NIKE? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at NIKE reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for NIKE CEO Mark G. Parker. All 640 reviews are posted anonymously by NIKE employees.