NRC (National Research Corporation)

www.nationalresearch.com

NRC (National Research Corporation) Reviews

Updated Jun 30, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

NRC (National Research Corporation) CEO and Director Michael D. Hays

Michael D. Hays

Operations Associate - Basic entry-level position

Operations Associate (Former Employee) Lincoln, NE (US)

ProsFriendly company culture. Allowed to set my own hours and work around other commitments. Knowledgeable supervisors were always eager to answer questions pertaining to work processes.

ConsIn interviews it was stated that after three or four months they would be willing to look at transitioning me into a different full-time role within the company, which would better utilize my acknowledged broader range of skills. After two months of lauded work, I was informed by HR that this process definitely would not begin for "at least nine months." As the Operations work was fairly tedious and not something I enjoyed, I left the company shortly after.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more honest with prospective employees and don't overlook underdeveloped talent.

Great experience for new Grads

Business Development Manager (Current Employee) Lincoln, NE (US)

ProsGreat first job for college grads. Get the ability to travel throughout the US and get experience working with senior level people in healthcare systems. Able to develop great sales knowledge and presentation skills

ConsSenior leadership has been changing a lot lately making it difficult for anything to move forward. Also takes up to 3 months before you receive commissions.

Management is not available

ProsClients are pretty nice.

ConsManagmenet does not know how to do the nuts an bolts

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Constant structural reorganization, sales-focused with overworked service.

Client Service (Current Employee) Lincoln, NE (US)

Pros-Good work-life balance
    -Relaxed work environment
    -No micro-management
    -Decent compensation
    -good working relationships

Cons-Constant reorganization at mid-level management and above creates unstable work environment
    -401k match is a joke at .25 % company match
    -Service is often stretched very thin with too much work, not enough associates to complete it, and hiring freezes on top of that
    -the annual associate engagement survey seems less aimed at actually improving work lives and more geared towards appeasing associates with "small wins"
    -propriety software that supports the biggest portion of business is outdated (created 15-20 years ago) and senior leadership is in denial about the needed systems overhaul to stay competitive as a business
    -complete lack of formal training program for service associates; managers and supervisors with already full plates have to create and implement training programs for new associates

Advice to Senior ManagementNRC needs to step into the 21st century, technology-wise, and provide associates with adequate tools to do their job in terms of software used to create client deliverables.

Good experience

Director (Former Employee) Lincoln, NE (US)

Prospeople and teams were wonderful, always felt like I had the support of other people.

Consfinancially and very sales focused.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to invest in product development and fixes some major issues with systems.

Great company if you are ambitious

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Lincoln, NE (US)

ProsCan pave your own way, and hard work pays off in new projects and positions. Can make the job what you want. If you prefer work/life balance you can find ways to work limited hours and work from home often. If you are ambitious you can put in more hours and it seems to generally pay off.

ConsLocation of headquarters in midwest may not be desirable to some. Pay and benefits are slightly below industry averages.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in keeping key senior leaders. There is not a deep bench of top performing middle and senior managers so it is key to keep the few that you have.

Worst company I've ever worked at

Project Manager (Former Employee) Lincoln, NE (US)

ProsNice building, both inside and out, free parking if they have room for you, otherwise they pay for a parking garage, close to university.

ConsA revolving door, 70% employee turnover in one year. Dishonest managers. Fired 8 people one day because their insurance costs went up. They don't pay you for unused vacation when you leave so use it up first!

Great people, great office, not so great compensation.

ProsAmazing coworkers and relaxed atmosphere.

ConsPay structure seems to reflect the market in Lincoln, NE, but is not competitive for its branch offices in other major cities.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest more in your employees. Move at a slower pace. Don't bite off more than you can chew.

REALLY corporate environment, low pay, free beer on Fridays, lack of transparency in executives

Business Development Manager (Former Employee) Lincoln, NE (US)

ProsGreat work environment (besides Big Brother) - NRC mainly employees the "fresh-out-of-college" crowd so a majority of the associates are in their mid-twenties. They always have 2 beers on tap in the breakroom, which makes for a fun Friday afternoon "Beer:30" session with colleagues from different departments.

If you're really good at outside sales, you can make six figures in a few years.

ConsAn obvious "corporate" structure where entry-level associates benefit not by intelligence, but by their willingness to brown nose the higher-ups. Everything about the NRC entry-level sales program screams "entry-level" so if you are a recent college grad who is outgoing and looking for a low-paying, no experience needed opportunity (and happen to be in the Lincoln area), look no further.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake time to truly appreciate your associates. Treat associates like people more so than numbers.

Business Development

ProsFun work environment with a lot of autonomy. Managers always willing to help.

ConsPay highly dependent on commission .

Worked for NRC (National Research Corporation)? Contribute to the Community!