NTT

Be The First To
Add Photos

NTT President, CEO, and Director Satoshi Miura

Satoshi Miura

Good long term employer with a steady revenue stream

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsStable employer with good values and work life balance. Compensation is above average.Suits the salaried man with long term tolerance for ambiguity.

ConsLack of diversity in views and too many long term employees who cannot go anywhere else. Hence a sense of negativity and dis-empowered thinking prevails. Management is also exclusively Japanese and changes often causing oscillating policies. Not a place if you are the upwardly mobile sort.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease diversity and broaden thinking. Learning good English may be a place to start.

Demotivating, Repetitive, Just plain DULL!

Pricing Officer (Current Employee) London, England

ProsAdvantage of working with some talented/ down to earth characters, who are unfortunately all being taken for a ride

The Location. although it is due to change to somewhere cheaper by 2015

ConsLack of flexibility: little or NO working from home, expect to be monitored on EVERYTHING from what time you come in to how long you spend in the bathroom..

Handholding: Expect to never use your own initiative, whas the point when you HAVE TO follow all the rules set by above (tokyo)

VERY japan centric culture - NO compatibility for Europeans. VERY difficult environment and odd work ethic

Advice to Senior ManagementAddress employee concerns and issues properly, not just by having a " if you dont like it, then leave" attitude.
    Provide more freedom of ideas and opinions. stop relying on rules and regulations which stops creativity.
    Allow employees to be in charge of their own working structures, provide a more trusting approach

TOP 500 Fortune Company

Senior Network Engineer (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsGood process, good clients, good environment.

Consnothing much, treat all the employees as equal...

Advice to Senior Managementnotting

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

World class facilities for research

Research Associate (Former Employee) Musashino (Japan)

ProsGenius minds, great working environment, fair compensation, lots of different projects, opportunity to shift between other subsidiaries of NTT

ConsExtensive use of Japanese language in work

Advice to Senior ManagementHire from International Universities as well

Morgan Stanley Support the worst project in NTT Data.

Technical Executive (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsNo work pressure.
    Easy going
    Shift Allowances

ConsShifts timings
    Morgan Stanley Project is worst project
    No opportunities to learn new things.

Amazing

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Atsugi (Japan)

ProsFantastic experience, learning from the best.

ConsI don't have in mind disadvantages for the company. Only maybe, the fact that when you are employee you might work over hours due to the work culture.

Advanced but not the most engaging.

Researcher (Former Employee) Yokosuka, Kanagawa (Japan)

ProsNTT is one of the largest communication companies in the world. Therefore, state-of-the-art research facilities were to be expected. The work culture was fairly laid back as it was a research and development company, and co-workers were intelligible persons always ready to help.

ConsThe bureaucracy was quite troublesome. NTT has been around for a while, and their style hasn't changed much. Often, as younger members of teams stand up to state their idea, they are shot down without much interest from the senior members.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the younger members of the team. Some absolutely fantastic ideas come from their fresh perspective.

NTT MSC - Shameful Japanese co.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Cyberjaya (Malaysia)

ProsIf working under Japanese, able to gain exposure to Japanese working culture and methodology

ConsPoor benefits. Easily 40% below market rate.
    Local top mgmt weakest link. Lack leadership, professionalism and competency. Not MNC quality.
    Does not invest in employees. Left to figure things out by themselves.
    Poor company values. CEO openly having affair with staff and gets special privileges incl promotion.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour local top mgmt is not capable of managing the company.
    The working level staff, the backbone of your company will suffer.

good for young research engineers

ProsGood old Japanese fashioned company.

Conspromotions depend on the year you joined.

Japanese style company, require to work hard and punctual on work

Network Provisiong Engineer (Current Employee) Cyberjaya (Malaysia)

ProsGood starting salary

Polictics
    Management style, authority
    Not flexible
    Poor HR management

Advice to Senior ManagementChange management style which is care for employee , making a happy working environment, change benefit and some unpleasant term for contract staff to recruitment company like Emerio..

Worked for NTT? Contribute to the Community!