New Western

Updated 21 January 2015
Updated 21 January 2015
4.5

Andrew Welker

This is the company I decided to dig into as a career. Very satisfied.

Current Employee - Sales Agent in Philadelphia, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Agent in Philadelphia, PA (US)

I have been working at New Western full-time (less than an year)

Pros

New Western Acquisitions will teach you everything you need to know to be successful doing Real Estate. The office culture is friendly and everybody is competitive in a healthy way. It will be exciting to grow with this company over the years.

Cons

There are many markets this company still needs to expand into.

Keep up the good work.

Frat Like Atmosphere -- Can Learn A Lot

I have been working at New Western

Pros

New Western is definitely a fun place to work, the typical office is full of young guys that are close friends. With a 100% commission job you are allowed to make your own hours and determine your pay. You have a lot of flexibility with your hours, and can take time off whenever you want. You have to be a hard worker and be able to pick up on a lot of information fast, but you learn a TON about the industry. A couple people in each office are making six figures, and there is always the possibility of selling a couple big deals and making some quick cash. They try and make it a real "wolf of wall street" environment. They have a very aggressive business plan, and since they pay straight commission there is very little overhead and are constantly opening new offices. Have fun happy hours and company outings.

Cons

It is tough to make much money with this job. The top earners in the sales department won't make anywhere near the "$100k +" that they advertise. The commission cut is very weak, with the company taking a huge amount. There is a HUGE amount of turnover, as new sales agents come and go very often. Starting out can be difficult, and few people make much money the first couple months. You will need to have some money saved up to start. There are also no benefits. The company doesn't have the best reputation with people familiar in the industry, so that can be a tough hurdle to overcome with the serious knowledgable buyers out there. There are some tenured people in all of the offices, and they are the ones who make all of the money. There are people in each office who make six figures, but they have all been with the company for a while or were handed great leads. With it being 100% commission there is a lot of competition within the office to make sales, and the senior associates work together because they are friends, so it can be tough to break in.

Pay new sales associates better... Provide more intensive training to help new employees get there feet off the ground.

Getting Paid To Do What You Love

Current Employee - Acquisitions in Fort Worth, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Acquisitions in Fort Worth, TX (US)

I have been working at New Western full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Really have liked my experience at New Western. Being an investor myself its really cool being able to work around and learn about investment Real Estate. The greatest thing is that you are learning in the REAL WORLD which you can not put a price on. This is not a dusty book from half price books now, you are interacting and learning with the best investors in your city. If you come in and work hard you will make serious money. I have made far greater than I expected to make and feel like the trend will continue.

Cons

No benefits. Besides that no real cons come to mind.

Working for New Western has exceeded my expectations

Current Employee - Real Estate Agent in Philadelphia, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Real Estate Agent in Philadelphia, PA (US)

I have been working at New Western full-time (less than an year)

Pros

New Western is an exciting place to work. The compensation plan is great, and what I especially appreciate is that the more I'm willing to put in to it the more I get out of it, and that goes for the learning experience as well. Serious earning and learning potential. The amount I've learned in the six weeks since starting here blows my mind, as does the compensation I've earned. New Western is professional yet fun. These guys are the real deal and passionate about promoting the success of those around them.

Cons

The main challenge I've encountered working here has been getting started. Stepping in to a new role that's commission based, it takes time to develop an income stream. If you learn slow you will earn slow, what's great is this encourages one to learn fast so they can start earning.

Profitable, Lucrative, Action Packed and one hell of an experience.

Former Employee - Acquisitions Agent in San Antonio, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Acquisitions Agent in San Antonio, TX (US)

I worked at New Western full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you hustle, you can advance quickly. If you listen, you can learn quickly. If you can sell, you can earn quickly. Immediate opportunity for advancement and the sky truly is the limit. Unlimited support from senior members, and cutting edge technology that will make your efforts go further. Young atmosphere with the I can do anything mentality.

Cons

Rapidly changing industry with lots of changes. This isn't necessarily a New Western downside but just real estate related trend. This job is not for the faint of heart and if you like sitting at a desk until 4:59pm then go look somewhere else.

Keep up the good work!

Sky's the Limit! Great work environment with a "practice what you preach" attitude.

Current Employee - Acquisition Agent in San Antonio, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Acquisition Agent in San Antonio, TX (US)

I have been working at New Western full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Simply put, this opportunity has been a blessing. This job has allowed me to gain the knowledge i need to set my future up through real estate investments. I can analyze a deal with the best of them! I have been able to put all of my business skills to test while working with some high caliber co-workers. The office i work in has taken the word "Integrity" to a new level. Doing what you say your going to do has been the key to my success. I know it sounds simple, but its true. The accountability is much higher than most traditional real estate offices.

Cons

This is NOT a desk job! I have seen other associates come and go, but rightfully so. If you don't have any self discipline or structure in your life, you will get lost in the whirlwind. It takes a skilled individual to balance their work and personal life. 100% commission is not for everyone. However, it suits me best.

Thank you upper management for always being available and not sitting on your heels. Being innovative and cutting edge has pushed us to the front of the industry.

New Western Acquisitions is by far the best company I have ever worked with

Current Employee - Acquisitions Agent in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Acquisitions Agent in Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at New Western as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

From the owners all the way down to newly hired sales associates, there is a sense of camaraderie that pushes everyone to achieve their fullest potential. I don't know of any other company where everyone actually enjoys going to work as much as they do at New Western. I have been fortunate enough to work for many great companies over the years, but the culture at New Western is unparalleled.

The GM's and senior associates will train you and give you all the tools necessary to succeed. From there, you can put your own twist on the job to emphasize your strengths and start making money!

Cons

This job is not "easy." You do have to work hard but the amount of money you make directly correlates to how much effort you put forth.

This is a 100% commision job. If that scares you, this job probably isn't for you. (although there is no floor, there is also no ceiling to how much money you can make.)

It takes most new associates a couple months to get accustomed to the process and become comfortable in their new position. If you continue to work hard and absorb what the senior associates teach you, you will be very successful in a few months!

Continue expansion and keep leading us as we dominate the competition.

Great Opportunity for self motivated individuals interested in getting paid to learn Investment Real Estate

Current Employee - Acquisition Agent in Fort Worth, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Acquisition Agent in Fort Worth, TX (US)

I have been working at New Western as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

I have worked at New Western for two years now. I was fortunate enough to get hired in an office that was first starting out. Since I started with New Western 4 new offices have opened. If you are looking for a job with rapid promotion this is a great one. I was promoted from a sales position to an acquisitions position in 6 months time.

There are many different ways to make money, such as selling investment houses, selling loans, listings for investors after rehab, and after becoming an Acquisition Agent, acquiring property.

In the past year I have managed to make well over 6 figures in this job, and this does not include personal investments. It is all up to you and the time you put in.

Another great perk of the job is that you learn the industry quicker than any product or class you can buy out there. In the past year I have rehabbed and flipped 3 houses with great success on all of them.

Overall I would say the best thing about this job is the atmosphere and the hard working self driven guys you are surrounded by. The guys in your office will no doubt become some of your best friends very quickly. Since I have been here we have gone on company trips to Austin, TX, Tahoe, Nevada, New Orleans, Louisiana, AND Saint Thomas. All company trips are 100% paid for and General Managers/ Owners spare no expense.

I never thought out of college I would find a job that I really enjoyed going to work everyday, but I can honestly say that about this job.

Cons

100% commission. If you have a really good month you can't take a month off the next month or your two months combined will be average.

Let's keep expanding!

Great environment for hard working, self motivated employees

I have been working at New Western full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- Great work environment where employees thrive on each others success. Competition drives each employee to learn from one another and continue to push themselves. Our offices have a young workforce with a casual atmosphere.
    - A long term, self-sustaining career as we solely promote from within. New Western has opened a total of 6 offices in the last 5 years and there is no stopping in sight. As we grow, the opportunity for advancement does as well.
    - All employees are 100% commission based. The more effort and work you put in, the more you will get paid. An average new sales associate will make $50-60k within the first year, with others surpassing $100K. You dictate your pay.
    - Freedom from the 9-5 grind. Most of our employees end up putting in more than 40 hours a week, but they largely make there own schedule and spend much of the time out of the office.
    - The learning curve is fast, but vigorous training is provided by management and you will learn a tremendous amount of real estate knowledge in a very short period of time. We want all of our employees to be able to knowledgeably present an investment opportunity to our clients and feel confident when doing so.

Cons

- Some people see the 100% commission as a downside. This job is not for everyone. If you are not willing to push yourself and take responsibility for your own career path, you will probably not succeed in a commission only based environment.
    - Yes you will drive a lot. If you have a truck, trade it in or move closer to the office.

- Continue on the same path we are currently on.

New Western Photos