News Corp

www.newscorp.com

News Corp Reviews

Updated Jun 16, 2014
News Corp – New York – “View of the News Corporation headquarter office…”

News Corp Chairman and CEO K. Rupert Murdoch

K. Rupert Murdoch

Great place to work and plenty of scope for growth internally. Sometimes it can be easy to go unrecognised.

Account Manager (Former Employee) London, England

ProsLarge structured company.
    Plenty of room to move up the ladder if you have the commitment and time!
    They're always looking at the next big thing.
    As long as they keep up to date with growing technology they should continue to be impressive.

ConsIt can be a bit of a fight at times to be recognised but thats pretty much the same for all large companies.
    A little bit late adopting their magazines for digital.

Reasonable employer

Journalist (Current Employee) Sydney (Australia)

ProsSupportive, friendly, good work conditions.

ConsDogmatic, poor technology, understaffed (as most media companies)

Advice to Senior ManagementLess political bias in news

Great Staff

Tax Intern (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsExtremely coordinated tax department, with very competend and friendly people. I had a great experience while I was working at News Corp.

ConsSometimes there would not be much work for me to do as an intern, but everyone was always very helpful and understanding when I got swamped with things to do

Advice to Senior ManagementI would suggest that you keep your interns occupied and keep trying to teach them more. The internship program at News Corp is great, and I was completely happy with it.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Program Manager

Program Manager (Former Employee) Sydney (Australia)

ProsVery friendly workplace, led by good management. Very good and experienced editors. IT area just went through a major upgrade. Program was well run, delivered an ERP on-time and on-budget by CTO.

ConsOld fashioned leadership. Need to upgrade their views especially when challenged by digital technologies. Although IT has been upgraded, old ways of doing things need to be abandoned.

Advice to Senior ManagementAcknowledge that digital technologies are here to stay and will expand into print.

Sales

Advertising Account Executive- Sales (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsManagement has been a pleasure to work with in my time there. Very Hands On
    Also give freedom to learn and explore new opportunities within company.

ConsThe backend is atrocious. Very dated systems.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpgrade Systems, and bring in qualified help.

Dow Jones is a company undergoing some needed transition, but it is no longer a good employer,

Senior Product Executive (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsGenerally, great co-workers
    News business is fast-paced and ever changing, so life stays interesting
    Working in a global company provides wide ranging perspective

ConsSignificant changes in the corporate culture have made it a difficult workplace
    Now much more difficult to achieve work/family/life balance
    No clear strategic direction; difficult to determine rationale behind many decisions

Sales Manager

Sales Manager (Former Employee) Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

ProsPeople, company, products, processes, professionalism, energy, positive attitude, managers, the team

ConsI honestly have none. If I was staying in the same line of work I would not be leaving this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work

A struggle.

Interaction Designer (Former Employee) Sydney (Australia)

ProsI worked with a lot of great people who we're really talented and committed. I learned from my peers while I was there.

ConsProjects went from super important and urgent to not as important as the next shiny thing.
    I didn't learn from senior management or get much support during the tough times.

Advice to Senior ManagementSupport your staff to be their best.

Aging Giant

Senior Marketing Manager (Current Employee) Sydney (Australia)

ProsJournos and media a fun culture. Loved my time there until the industry collapsed.

ConsLack of commercial nous. Journos still don't get digital.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire people that get digital. Still have old fogey stogy politics and people in place.

A good place

Manager (Former Employee)

ProsPeople were professional, fun, friendly, collaborative for the most part. Like any place, you're gonna have politics and a couple of bad apples. My job was to bridge IT and the businesses and that for the most part was working - people were responsive to the mission

ConsPolitics can get in the way of the actual job.

Advice to Senior ManagementTurf wars impact morale and execution. What do you do to discourage or discipline such unproductive behaviors....

Worked for News Corp? Contribute to the Community!