Niagara Bottling

Updated Apr 08, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Andy Peykoff II

Get ready to hit the ground running.

I have been working at Niagara Bottling full-time for less than a year

ProsThe office culture here is amazing and the people are as well. This is a fast paced company who look for the best. They look for active people who are ready to excel and advance in their careers. This is not the place for those who are content to just sit around at their desks all day. The opportunities are there for those who want them.

ConsThere's a lack of communication between upper management and their teams, but that's to be somewhat expected.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake the time to sit down with your employees to discuss projects and career advancement.

recommend this company to a friend

Post Doc (Current Employee)

I have been working at Niagara Bottling full-time for less than a year

ProsI like the challenges that we face and they way that they get fixed.

ConsThe is a parking space limit

Advice to Senior ManagementI would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Constantly running in circles chasing yourself with no management support

I worked at Niagara Bottling

ProsThere are very many hard working people that continously drive for results. The associates work hard as a team and encourage one another. Team members always ask what can I do to help.

ConsThe management team is constantly turning over and really does not have a clue at times of what's going on. Management does a very good job pointing the finger at everyone else but lacks the talent to lead by example because they are clueless. The merit program is a joke and they have given their employees 1% raises when they make great profit off of a case of water. The management team is unethical and needs to learn how to manage better. Nothing is consistent in the company. One month you do one way then it changes again but you end up going back to way things were done months ago. Consistency drives better results which leads to less turnover and a higher bottom line. Guess a bunch of people were sleeping when they took that economics class.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice to senior management is this: you are growing to fast to keep up with the demand of your business. Therefore you can't obtain enough and the right talent to run your business. Since your management is very unethical you need to question this: do you want to keep these people running your business when they don't know what there doing or would you rather pay out lawsuits due to them being unethical. It's up to you to make the change.

Mildly challenging, educational, but not entirely satisfying.

Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Niagara Bottling full-time for more than 3 years

ProsTraveling across the country and meeting so many new people

ConsSometimes the travel, and the difficulty of working with a rapidly growing company

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more attention to your employee contributions and learn to stop trying to drink from a firehose

A Hot Mess

Production Operator (Former Employee)
Missouri City, TX (US)

I worked at Niagara Bottling full-time for less than a year

ProsLearning about the beverage industry, different bottled products. Multi-tasking duties as a production operator.

ConsWhen not supporting their staff in advancing his or her education. Company wants the staff to be brownnoser's at their beck and call. Not having a sense of organization for new lines of production.

Advice to Senior ManagementSupport your production and warehouse staff enable have a better company, without these indivduals Niagara would not be successful now. Don't play any cat and mouse games with your staff.

work isn't bad but VERY little room for advancement. good for a job but not a career

Plainfield, IN (US)

I have been working at Niagara Bottling full-time for more than 3 years

Prospeople, experience gained, hours I work

Consno advancement, long hours on production floor, clueless management

Great learning Experience with little future in long run

Ontario, CA (US)

I worked at Niagara Bottling full-time for more than a year

ProsPast paced culture .. great learning place and resume builder . You would be handling lot of responsibilities at early stage of career and scope for taking initiatives

ConsVery high turn over .. not long term career path .. need to know upper management very well for career advancement .. can be very stressful at time .. skewed work life balance

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop career path and take time to develop internal employees instead of outside hiring

Run away...don't look back.

I worked at Niagara Bottling full-time for less than a year

ProsGood, caring people on the production floor. State of the art equipment with the latest technology. Good place to get experience in the bottling business.

ConsYoung, inexperienced management. Management lacks ethics and professionalism. No work-life balance. Company experiencing severe growing pains. Very high employee turnover company wide. Constant danger of termination for errors. Benefits mediocre at best.

Advice to Senior ManagementRegain control of your company before growing more. Focus on correcting the root cause of employee turnover before losing this company completely. Employee error is a failure of management.

Look before you leap

Ontario, CA (US)

I have been working at Niagara Bottling full-time for more than a year

ProsLarge company plenty of learning opportunities a definite resume builder.

ConsHigh high turn around. Good resume builder but no future here if you don't know anyone in upper management. Pay is terrible when recruited was promised more money after 6 month review never happened. They treat employees as assets not people. Promotions are horrible not based on skill set. Company uses any excuse not to give employees more money. They seem to dangle the carrot and you will never get the carrot. Management turn around is high no leadership. Can't believe what any manager promises because it does not happen unless you are part of the "in-crowd". Too many managers not knowing what is going on projects are mismanaged, no management accountability but they sure take it out on staff. There is no intensive for employees to go above and beyond, no year end bonus, merit increases are pennies, things promised my management are not transferable. If you department as lots of management turn around employees get the short end of the stick because new manager doesn't know what old manager agreed to.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep employee expectations. If previous management agreed to pay, training, merit increase. Try to keep employees by giving them incentives to go above and beyond. Increase pay rates for hourly employees.

Great company environment with fast paced work (corporate)

Engineering (Former Employee)

I worked at Niagara Bottling as an intern for less than a year

Pros-easy communication among supervisors/managers etc.
-company environment is fun, active and fast paced
-all the free water and VitaRain you want to drink
-rapidly growing company

Cons-location is terrible, no one likes Ontario
-they are rather well known within the company to under pay you

Advice to Senior Management-better communication across departments

Worked for Niagara Bottling? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Niagara Bottling reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Niagara Bottling CEO Andy Peykoff II . All 28 reviews are posted anonymously by Niagara Bottling employees.