Niagara Bottling

Updated 24 January 2015
Updated 24 January 2015
2.7

Andy Peykoff II

Pros
  • This is a fast paced company who look for the best (in 7 reviews)

• Lots to learn, fast pace and fast growing company, great people to work with (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • No work/life balance whatsoever (in 9 reviews)

• Good resume builder but no future here if you don't know anyone in upper management (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Buyer beware

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA (US)

I worked at Niagara Bottling full-time

Pros

If you like to be busy this is the place.

Cons

Depends on what department your in. Lots of politics. Pay is low with the promise of future compensation. Growth depends on the department. Certain departments supervisors take power to their heads and abuse staff. Point system is ridiculous and one sided.

Too many managers and supervisors have no clue what they are doing. No qualifications to run a department and from the outside looks like they where promoted only because of who they knew and where liked. Definitely lots of unhappy employees to scared to speak up for fear and previously being let down by false promises.

Resume builder, but otherwise painful

I worked at Niagara Bottling full-time

Pros

You get training and work experience to put on your resume for when you get out of this place. I got an exceptionally big raise (in compensation, benefits, and work culture) by leaving.

Cons

1. House of unnecessary secrecy. Upper management withholds information from subordinates so they never understand the context of their work.
    2. When things go wrong, many people's first reaction is to find a place to point the finger of blame. Expect to spend a significant portion of your time explaining yourself to upper management even when you're doing everything perfectly right.
    3. Low pay, low benefits, little vertical mobility unless you're in "the club" or network your way into "the club".
    4. Pay was exceptionally low for a position on which I could be contacted any time after hours to work.

Don't promise raises and promotions when you don't intend to give it out. Not offering anything is better than dangling it and never letting us get it.

One Big Scam

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA (US)

I have been working at Niagara Bottling full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Very few come to mind. I suppose the discounted water could be considered a perk. How about some real live incentives and access to growth and financial gains to keep people engaged and feeling like a part of the process?

Cons

A top-heavy and very unprofessional company packed with liars and back-stabbers, particularly in management and HR. Most everyone else is either inexperienced (or naively thinking they can get ahead here) and trying to learn on the job under excessive workloads and pressure with little work-life balance.

Try out some honesty and integrity opposed to the typically backwards and uneven/under-handed approaches to problem-solving. Take some responsibility for your trial and error failures instead of blaming other, oftentimes powerless and uninvolved employees. We understand you want to quietly rule the bottling world as a private company but your methods are crooked and your reputation is clearly sinking.

Toxic HR culture

Former Employee - Business Development in Ontario, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Business Development in Ontario, CA (US)

I worked at Niagara Bottling

Pros

I have nothing positive to say about them

Cons

On paper, their HR conflict resolution system is quite robust - if you have a problem with someone else, you're supposed to confront them about it, then bring a manager into the discussion, then report the problem to HR only if you are not able to resolve the issue through lesser means. In practice, everyone emails HR immediately, and the only way you find out if someone has a problem with you is through office gossip or HR calls you in for a talk.

Production

I have been working at Niagara Bottling full-time

Pros

2-2-3 schedule.. ample work, life balance
    great learning experience as I knew nothing about the bottling industry when I started
    If you ask for help, somebody is always willing.

Cons

12 hour days takes some getting used to.. its a sweatbox in the summer.

Work Hard / Play Hard Culture, Challenging But Rewarding

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA (US)

I have been working at Niagara Bottling full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Niagara is a fast paced company that moves quickly and is growing at a rapid pace (30+% a year for the past decade.) There are lots of opportunities for internal promotions and professional development. Managers expect a lot out of their employees. The company is 100% family owned and the owners are still involved in the business and there is a family culture, even though the business has grown dramatically. There are lots of training opportunities and rotational programs for employee development.

Cons

- The corporate office is crowded, with parking becoming a big problem.
    - Benefits could be better
    - The culture is not for everyone. People coming from larger companies tend to have a hard time adapting to the pace.
    - Many departments are under staffed leading to resource constraints

Friendship means more than credentials.

Current Employee - QA
    Current Employee - QA

I have been working at Niagara Bottling

Pros

Water sales were a good deal

Cons

Being friends with the supervisor is the way to get promoted . I got passed over for a lead QA position by a girl who has less than a month of QA experience and no college education. I have over 2 years QA experience and a Bachelor of Science degree. My supervisor and her have become fast friends. How can someone lead me when this person knows barely anything about the job. Politics.

Reward base on skill not friendship

Management has NO Integrity!

Former Employee - Line Operator in Mooresville, NC (US)
    Former Employee - Line Operator in Mooresville, NC (US)

I worked at Niagara Bottling full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Decent rewards for safety (quarterly)

Cons

Supervisors does not promote based on hard working dedication or loyalty. The pick people who cannot be promoted above them. If you're educated and looking to move up in the company...forget it! Not unless you're in the inner circle.

Run your plant with integrity!!! Stop screwing over good employees for the sake of your little circle . You think that you are safe. You all will fall together. The writing is on the wall! No integrity!

Fast paced, opportunities for growth, great people.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA (US)

I have been working at Niagara Bottling full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Niagara is a great place to work if you are hard working, adaptable, and looking to grow your career. Employees are willing to roll up their sleeves to get the job done, regardless of their title. This motivates me to pitch in and help out when needed which creates a very team oriented work environment.

Cons

Niagara can improve on methods of communication. Sometimes changes happen within the organization and most employees are unaware.