Nissan

www.nissan-global.com

Nissan Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014
Nissan – Japan – “Nissan Global Head Office”

Nissan Co-Chairman, President, CEO, Representative Board Member, and Member of the Executive Committee Carlos Ghosn

Carlos Ghosn

Pros
  • Work environment relatively clean and friendly(in 3 reviews)

• You can use the cars for weekends if you ask for one(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Crazy working hours: sometimes meetings at 9 PM(in 6 reviews)

• Work life balance is completely missing(in 3 reviews)

An excellent progressive company

Supervisor (Current Employee) Sunderland, North East England, England

ProsOpportunities and support. well rewrded

Consdemanding and at times difficult to satisfy

Advice to Senior Managementbe more aware of long serving employees capabilities

Learn a lot, develop practical skills, but watch out for office politics.

Placement Engineer (Former Employee) Sunderland, North East England, England

ProsIf you get in the right team, it's really rewarding - you can learn a lot from some very intelligent, experienced engineers. Development of practical skills is also emphasised which is something I enjoyed.

ConsOften quite fractious relations between different teams, and between the engineering and production staff. Unrealistic SM targets also an issue - being compared to a brand new factory is not something you want to hear.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication between engineering teams needs to be improved. Comparing a brand new factory to one that is being constantly updated is not helpful.

company profile

Design Engineer (Current Employee) Milton Keynes, England

Prosgood company to work with good oppurtunities to visit global suppliers

Consno cons as far as i experienced

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good work Environment, good benefits

Brand Intelligence Officer (Current Employee) London, England

ProsYou get very good benefits. It is an international work environment with more than 20 nationalities. Nice and friendly people to work with.

ConsIt is in "Paris" but actually the offices are quite far from the city center. May take long until you get a promotion. Working with the headquarters is Japan is very challenging

Well organised with positive 'can do' culture; pressure to perform but not much recognition.

Engineer (Current Employee) Newcastle, England

ProsPositive goal achievement culture, well organised, reasonable training opportunities - e.g. 80% sponsorship for higher education.

ConsLimited career opportunities. Long working hours expected - seen as the 'norm' by management, therefore little appreciation shown. Pressure to perform, but little difference in reward between good performance and average performance.

Advice to Senior ManagementOn a company level senior management are doing a fair job maintaining business competitiveness. On an individual level performance and reward (recognition/remuneration/career prospects) are poorly linked.

My experience at NTCNA has been beneficial with great experience in my field.

Accountant (Current Employee) Farmington Hills, MI (US)

ProsLife-work balance, great people, team atmoshpere

ConsStressful at times, depending on the position there is little to no solid training

Design Engineer

Design Engineer (Current Employee) Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)

ProsDiferent work, solving problems, all the time, between suppliers and Nissan.
    Doing testing to vehicles, and share that information to the responsibles

ConsSlow response from others, sometimes there is a poor management in related areas that stop your own job.

Advice to Senior Managementleadership

Finance Manager

Finance Manager (Current Employee) Paris (France)

ProsGreat Products, challenging environment and due to worload, opportunities to learn new things.

ConsLack of visibility on career progression. Even if you are considered as a good element, politics will play a huge role on your progression.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on HR policies. Hire competent people to retain High profile employees.

Nothing special

Officer - Production Control (Current Employee) Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)

ProsLeader in the automotive industry
    Lots of learning every day
    Good working environment

ConsNot a company for leaders
    VERY slow long term development
    Managed by old people with old ideas
    Salaries are low

Analyst

Analyst (Current Employee) Mississauga, ON (Canada)

ProsGood place to get experience

ConsContact terms, low employee morale, too many politics

Worked for Nissan? Contribute to the Community!