Nissan

www.nissan-global.com
Profile Unclaimed

Nothing special

Current Employee - Officer - Production Control in Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)

I have been working at Nissan part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Leader in the automotive industry
    Lots of learning every day
    Good working environment

Cons

Not a company for leaders
    VERY slow long term development
    Managed by old people with old ideas
    Salaries are low

Work life balance is missing

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

I worked at Nissan full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good amount of learning, its a growing company especially with new launches, the company seems to heading to further growth.

Cons

Lacks vision, management is short sighted, don't seem to be looking at the big picture. Too much process driven sometimes defying logic. Work life balance is completely missing.

A happy employee makes a happy company and leads to delightful customers. Ensuring employees are happy, their families are happy and have a good work life balance. Aim for your employees waking up on a Monday morning and looking forward to go to office.

Analyst

Current Employee - Analyst in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Analyst in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Nissan full-time

Pros

Good place to get experience

Cons

Contact terms, low employee morale, too many politics

Can Learn many function, boost your career but high level of office politics

Former Employee - HUMAN RESOURCE EXECUTIVE in Ino, Kochi (Japan)
    Former Employee - HUMAN RESOURCE EXECUTIVE in Ino, Kochi (Japan)

I worked at Nissan full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good brand image and quality

Cons

Maybe in Kerala,all the dealership rewarded employees badly as in remuneration

An uniform salary package all across the world, considering cost of living iin present economy.

Great company, and product

Current Employee - Car Salesman
    Current Employee - Car Salesman

I have been working at Nissan full-time (less than a year)

Pros

A great learning environment, with great opportunity for who ever wants to work hard.

Cons

Not for the person who is not willing to put everything into this job.

It would be preferable to any employee working the sales floor to never have to work a 9am to 9pm shift when there is a family to get to.

Car sales can be good

I have been working at Nissan

Pros

It is a great way to make a living and get to meet new people all the time. The money can be great if you are willing to work for it. It is a fun and interesting way to make a living if you enjoy talking with strangers and getting to know them.

Cons

The hours will suck, and the customers do not always care if it is not a good time for you. So you wind up eating some crap from them unless you want to give up part of your commission and have someone else help them if you are off. Sometimes the people you work with are not the best but that is everywhere.

Has great potential but poor management and HR practices

I worked at Nissan full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits, product line up can be innovative at times, high profile experience, exposure to global business and colleagues is good for personal development

Cons

Office culture and morale greatly affected by management styles, very top down philosophy, product is often poor quality compared to competitors, poor HR practices especially in managing development of employees

Improve morale

Great product, but could use some improvement.

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Pittsburgh, PA (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I worked at Nissan full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I sold Nissans for 3 years, but I’ve been a fan of Nissan since I was child. My parents and I have been driving Nissan for 25 years we want to continue that legacy. Nissan offers an excellent product line up with innovating ideas which makes Nissan one of the leaders in foreign auto market. I believe in the product and drive what I sell.
    It’s easy to get Nissan certified and the NNAnet.com site offers a lot of product knowledge for the sales consultant to accumulate to help become a better sales consultant.
    Nissan offers a program to sales consultants during the football season called Sunday Night Rewards which sales consultant depending on which cars they sell during that week and pick the correct football team can accumulate points to which they can cash in for nice things such as Jewelry, gift cards, electronics, apparel, and the list goes on. Unfortunately, this is one of the only rewards/spiffs/spins that Nissan offers other than selling a Nissan Leaf and they discontinued it.

Cons

It’s hard to make money by selling new Nissans on top of your regular dealer pay. Nissan customers just like more foreign car buyers are educated buyers and pretty much know what they want and how much they are going to pay before they enter in the dealership. Nissan has an award of excellence program called Owner First which pays sales consultants based on selling minimum of 6 cars each month, meet NSSI survey minimum of 6, and having a 3 month rolling average score of 933. It’s hard to meet these requirements each month and just recently Nissan raised the requirements yet again to selling a minimum of 8 cars and having a rolling average score of 938.
    Nissan doesn’t start paying the sales consultants until they met their requirements above. Some manufactures will pay their sales consultants extra money on top of their regular dealer pay without having a minimal numbers of cars sold like Kia Hyundai and GM.

The Nissan survey is by far one of the biggest jokes. We cannot coach on the survey but every other manufacture allows it. If you are caught coaching on the survey and the customer indicates it on the survey, Nissan throws a fit at that particular dealership. Why should the sales consultant be penalized on the survey for what happens in finance, variety of inventory, appearance of facility, when it’s something that I have no control over? This is I think one of the main reasons why you do not see that many Nissan sales consultants staying with Nissan for a long period of time. It was one of the reasons why I left. A couple of weeks after I left Nissan, I received a survey in my email about my experience working with Nissan. I did take the time to fill out it and how I think Nissan could improve and keep their sales consultants happy. But I see after that they raised the bar yet again and never took my suggestions.

Re-work the Nissan Survey to where the sales consultant cannot get deducted for questions that the sales consultant has no control over. Listen to your sales consultants and managers at the dealerships when you stop in. We will tell you how we feel and how to fix the problems.Offer spins and pay your sales consultants a little money per car not a minimal requirement. If Nissan paid their sales consultants better, I guarantee more sales consultants would stay with Nissan including me.

Experience at Nissan

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rolle (Switzerland)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rolle (Switzerland)

I have been working at Nissan full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Dynamic Company
    Flexible in the work: they have the ability to react fast to changing environment
    Employees can rotate between different departments easily. Change of job every 2 to 3 years

Cons

Flexibility is also given by the work on Excel more than real database management. It means a lot of work duplication
    Demanding company without adequate compensation

NMAC was great to work for as I did a long time, the problem is Nissan North America don't work for them.

Former Employee - Systems Analyst in Irving, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Systems Analyst in Irving, TX (US)

I worked at Nissan full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Small IT department but accomplish more than all the other affiliates

Cons

No many chances to move up if you're a technical person

Oversee your other affiliates better

Nissan Photos