Nitro

Updated 18 August 2014

4.4

Nitro CEO Sam Chandler
Sam Chandler

Good company, issues going on currently

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at Nitro full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There are truly great people who work here- passionate, caring, enthusiastic... There is a lot of heart here. Not much micro-managing.

Cons

The Executives tend to be a bit hard-headed and unwilling to adjust. The recruiters don't seem to able to bring the best candidates for manager positions to the table- or people are just being driving out when their opinions don't line up with leadership's. A bit disorganized, but with the right people they may be able to turn it around.

Work with a great crew of positive people on cool projects.

I have been working at Nitro full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great pay and benefits. Growth.

Cons

Chaotic at times within projects.

Keep building us!

Interview process for Enterprise AE Role

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at Nitro full-time for less than a year

Pros

Process was very straightforward and I was kept up to date about what was happening and next steps in the process at all times. Everyone who I dealt with was an ambassador for the company and the energy and positivity was most certainly a reason for my accepting the offer

Cons

None as such however it was quite a long process although reassuringly so. Really looking forward to getting started in Nitro!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

No place to work.

I have been working at Nitro

Pros

They spend money to get you drunk often.

Cons

No clue what they are doing and leaders are not experienced enough to be in their positions.

More excited about coming to work every single day

Current Employee - Co-Founder  in  San Francisco, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Co-Founder in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at Nitro full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I am a long time employee of Nitro. Yesterday I was reminded of how far we have come when we presented our annual Sean Stewart Values Award and we had over 130 Nitronauts to consider when voting.

I thought it appropriate to share part of what this award means to the team at Nitro. Here is an excerpt from a note our CEO sends to the team each year to announce that voting is open:

============

Sean was a great Nitronaut and a great friend to many of us. He was one of the very first members of the original team. He initially worked in support and product management, and who subsequently went on to establish our direct and channel Enterprise business in Europe. When he passed away in March 2010 in London he was the highest-performing sales executive at Nitro, and the most amazing ambassador for our culture that you could find. Even though he had long established himself as a sales guy, he continued to help out with support, QA, and anything he felt he could contribute to. He was always a pleasure to deal with, probably the nicest person you ever met, super hard working, passionate about Nitro, knew the product inside and out, and had the results on the board to prove how talented he was. He was also the master of well-timed, but completely inappropriate jokes

Aside from his contribution at Nitro, Sean was a truly inspiring human being, who was the founder of and bass player for HTRK. As an artist, he was one of the best. HTRK supported the Yeah Yeah Yeahs and The Horrors on their European tours and had record deals in Berlin and London. Sean was a genuine rockstar – so when we talk about “rockstars” at Nitro, we really mean it…

When Sean passed away, we wanted to find a way to remember him properly. The result was the Sean Stewart Values Award. Four years on, it is a really big deal to those of us who knew him, and to his family, with whom we stay in touch. We send photos of the awards ceremony to his mother, father and sister each year.

============

Just like any start-up we've faced hurdles and had to work our way through them.

Nitro has grown more rapidly in the last year than any previous year. While it is easy to read about culture and plan to build something unique, it is never that easy. Right now though, I feel like we have just discovered the secret sauce!

We are now at a point where we are adding smarter and better people every day, increasing our production capacity and having more and more fun while doing it.

Sean will always be a part of who we are.

Cons

The only thing I have been wary of recently is having our cultural mix change with new additions. Somehow though, each new person is adding to the culture.

Keep trying to spread the load and honoring what the team, past and present, has built.

Nitro Response

May 02, 2014talent ambassador

Thanks so much, appreciate you taking the time to write this review. Loving having you here at Nitro!

Why come here?

I have been working at Nitro

Pros

Nothing to report at all.

Cons

Needs help to keep going.

Nitro - Setting new benchmarks everywhere

I have been working at Nitro full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nitro is, quite simply, like no other. From the very first moment of the interview process you are introduced to the unique and colourful company spirit. Work hard, play hard. If you believe in what you do and you are looking for an opportunity to grow and advance, then this is the place for you.

Cons

That's a good question... I don't have one.

Keep the magic!

All companies need to take a lead from Nitro

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager

I have been working at Nitro full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nitro is unlike any other. It challenges itself constantly...mediocrity is not an option. As a disruptor and a challenger brand, Nitro aims for the stars and empowers its employees to reach even higher.

The organisation trusts its employees to deliver on its objectives and gives those individuals and groups all the support and tools needed not only to achieve those, but go beyond that.

Sure the perks are great, but what Nitro delivers in terms of job satisfaction is more important than a few nice lunches a week, an endless supply of alcohol and gym subsidies.

I have been around a while and I have always measured the effectiveness of an organisation, to be how people walk into work everyday. At Nitro people walk into work in with a smile and it stays there all day.

Nitronauts are a proud bunch...so they should be, we are building something really special here!

Cons

You have to search far and wide to find negatives around here.

The opportunity of a lifetime

Former Employee - Test Automation Engineer  in  Melbourne (Australia)
    Former Employee - Test Automation Engineer in Melbourne (Australia)

I worked at Nitro full-time for more than a year

Pros

Exceptional workplace culture. They really do make you feel like a member of the team, like you are part of the family - I know this sounds clichéd, but it really is that good. Lots of employee perks (24/7 beer fridge, breakfast / lunch provided, discount gym memberships, etc.).

Your work is always highly valued, your opinions always matter. Reasonably flat heirachy. Lots of freedom in roles (within reason) and opportunity for career growth.

Cons

Not as many annual reviews as I would have preferred, some disconnects between different departments (due to time-zone differences and locations) lead to a bit of isolation at times.

Don't lose the Nitronaut spirit!

Why Not grow with the best

I have been working at Nitro full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing people, great atmosphere that promotes growth and a collaboration of ideas. All of the upper level team is easily accessible whom make you feel welcome and greet you with a smile. The company is growing, yet small enough to get some hands on experience in a number of positions. Catered lunches are great, a fridge and shelves stacked with any snack you may wish for; and if not available it will be ordered. Those things are all great, but what makes it truly amazing are the handpicked teams and the 'work hard' 'play hard' environment that has been created. It's not everyday where you can have a meeting, build a product, and have a drink all while laughing at random stories from Australia, reenactments of scavenger hunts, random acts of silliness; all while feeling like you have been a part of the group from the beginning.

Cons

If you are not used to a fast paced environment then this is not the place for you.

Continue to look to your current staff and harness their talents while continuing to bring in individuals that will enhance the culture.

Worked for Nitro? Contribute to the Community!