Noble Network of Charter Schools

Be The First To
Add Photos

Michael Milkie

A NOBLE Engagement of Our Children's Future

Noble Network Substitute Teacher (Current Employee)

I have been working at Noble Network of Charter Schools full-time

ProsSuperb culture. Discipline issues are minimal or non-existent. Teaching is actually going on! Certain campuses have you engaged full throttle, with a Powerpoint and the expectation for you to teach the lesson in the teacher's absence. Other campuses have busy work for the students or pertinent videos/movies for them to watch.
Most of the principals are VERY welcoming and will learn your name quickly if you are there frequently. I only encountered one principal in Englewood, who would barely acknowledge your presence or barely speak to you when spoken to.
The number of students going off to college at many of the campuses are 100%.

ConsMultiple people might contact you daily. The system needs to be centralized. Currently it is not. There is no way for one campus to be aware that you are working at another campus.

Students First; Administrative Support Staff Left Behind

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Noble Network of Charter Schools full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThe test results year after year speak for themselves. Students achieve and excel at Noble. Nothing beats making a positive impact in the lives of others. The public school system should really take a look at Noble's formula and consider adopting some of their methods and practices. In addition, teachers seem enthusiastic and caring about their student's academic and personal progress. School facilities are clean, safe, and security is monitored closely. Noble also provides a healthy breakfast and lunch menu which for many students are their most robust meals of the day.

ConsIt has been an ongoing trend for the administration staff to feel un-engaged, over-worked (60+ hour work weeks) and under-compensated. Advancement in large part appears to happen by virtue of sheer politics, and very little by merit/hard-work and dedication. Employees see how much is spent on opening new facilities, and yet very little money is available for raises, bonuses and professional development except at the senior ranks. Poor management and bullying (by managers and co-workers) goes mostly un-noticed unless someone has been brave enough to say something (seeing colleagues in tears should really be a clue!)

Advice to Senior ManagementBreak down the silos, focus on building employee engagement and retention at all levels. Remember that the administrative workers in the background deserve the same level of consideration, support and leadership as the workers on the front lines (teachers and school administrators).

Incredible Culture, Outstanding People, and Great Mission.

Educator (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at Noble Network of Charter Schools full-time for less than a year

ProsOne of the most progressive, successful charter school networks in the country. Great school culture where everyone works hard and succeeds.

ConsWe put in a lot of work for our students' success - that comes with any teaching position.

At Noble, everyone works hard for a cause and comes together when you need help.

Algebra I Teacher (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at Noble Network of Charter Schools full-time for more than 3 years

ProsMy favorite thing about Noble is the high level of collaboration, not just within my school, but amongst all the campuses. Every quarter, you get to come together with all the other campuses to share strategies and brainstorm together. You really feel like you are a part of a team with a common mission to get more Chicago students to graduate from college.

ConsI honestly can't think of any cons. I have loved my time at Noble. Yes, you put in A LOT of work, but it is all worth it.

Used to be like a family, now it's more like just another heartless corporation.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Noble Network of Charter Schools full-time for more than 3 years

ProsWorking with mostly great people and feeling like part of a family. Most of the people working at Noble really care about the goal of the network and helping kids. Competitive pay and decent benefits.

ConsThe network expanded to quickly, opening too many schools at once. This not only caused a number of growing pains, but also turned it into a place with more of a "corporate" atmosphere than what it was 5 years ago. Some of the senior management cares less about their employees and the Noble vision than their own careers.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's good to be have goals for helping the kids of Chicago, but growing too fast and opening too many schools only causes problems.

Worked for Noble Network of Charter Schools? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Noble Network of Charter Schools reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Noble Network of Charter Schools CEO Michael Milkie. All 5 reviews are posted anonymously by Noble Network of Charter Schools employees.